What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most impressive rookie after three rounds?

Most impressive rookie after three rounds?

• Israel Folau (Mel)

Votes: 60 42.3%
  • Matt Ballin (Man)

Votes: 27 19.0%
  • James McManus (New)

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Josh Morris (Stg)

Votes: 7 4.9%
  • Peter Wallace (Pen)

Votes: 20 14.1%
  • Other

Votes: 22 15.5%

• Total voters

NK Arsenal

Juniors
Israel FTW

But Jennings and Wallace of the Panthers are runners up aswell as Richie Williams.

Why isnt Jennings and Williams included?

Big Mick

Referee
Michael Jennings.

His tries wern't gimmes like Falou's.

They required a level of vision, rather than just pass and straight to the line.

Richie Williams has been impressive, but he has that trackhead factor like Mundine.

Matt Ballin is certainly impressive.

After tonight...William Zillman will be up there should he be in contention.

Cory Paterson and Dan Hunt also in contention for Rookie forward.

Tim Grant will be up there when he eventually gets a start.

Frederick

Staff member
Cory Paterson has to get a mention - only player who showed some f**king ticker tonight :(

mxlegend99 said:
I was hoping we'd use Firman at 5/8, but Wallace has won me over. He missed nearly the whole of last season in Premier League and i just didn't see anyway possible he could move straight into First Grade that quickly and comfortably after so much time out.

Fortunately i was wrong. He has been a rock solid performer, and as much as i loved Preston, Wallace isn't a liability in defence.

Damn straight!

He looks solid as well, though not as big as Barrett & Fittler.

Isn't he close to being one of the top tacklers in the side over the last three games?

Juniors
im a big fan of folau, being a storm fan and all, but ballin has impressed me alot, and jennings is a weapon in attack, might need to learn how to slide in defence though, hodges put 4 big ones past him, centres need to be able to defend, but my vote goes to ballin

choc_soldier

Coach
To be fair to Jennings, he was marking arguably the world's best centre, and he got better as the game went on. He's only 19, and it was only his second game. But he has already shown enough in attack to suggest that he will be a potent force for the Panthers this year.

mxlegend99

Referee
The Mighty Panther said:
Damn straight!

He looks solid as well, though not as big as Barrett & Fittler.

Isn't he close to being one of the top tacklers in the side over the last three games?
Round 1 - 33 tackles
Round 2 - 17 Tackles
Round 3 - 26 Tackles

Total of 76 tackles in 3 games for a small 5/8. Not bad IMO. Presto made like 5 tackles per game, and missed 10.

This week for Titans, he made 1 tackles and missed 2 tackles.

Misanthrope

Staff member
A bit of an odd list, really. I think Seu Seu has been very good, whilst McManus has also stood out. Richie Williams has looked good in patches. Not 100% sold on Falau yet - Melbourne are playing good football, so he's bound to look good. There was a time when Newcastle fans thought Craig Hall was a future superstar :lol:

skeepe

Immortal
If Michael Dobson produces more like he did last night, he'll be right up there.

God-King Dean

Immortal
If I was in Falou's position I'd get rookie of the year.

I don't mean to take anything away from his talent... but he hradly deserves all the glory for it when it's coming off others work.

Ballin thus far IMO.

Anyone know the Dally M point for rookies so far ?

Latest posts