What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most over-rated player in the NRL??

Johns Magic

Referee
skeepe said:
That's rich coming from you

No, it's not. None of my claims have been that blind, ever.

When I compare Reegan Tanner to Sonny-Bill Williams, then you might have a case.

gregstar

Referee
Dazzat said:
Matt Cooper is massively overrated by NSW commentators. The guy can't step and just runs straight lines with no evasion skills whatsoever ... particularly if you compare him to Justin Hodges he's got nothing.
keep trying...

you'll break the genius shackles that bind your brain cell eventually.

ledzep

Bench
Mark Gasnier
Sure, he carves up rubbish teams, but does sweet f*ck all in important matches

greeneyed

First Grade
Ron Jeremy said:
Ron Jeremys top 5 is

1. Alan Tongue:Yes he can tackle, show me the stats or whatever, but f**k, it's the only thing he can do. He offers nothing in attack whatsoever...and even if he made 80 tackles a game the Raiders have plenty of young forward depth coming along that will turf this guy into first division then Souths.

He was the top tryscoring forward in 2006. But offers nothing in attack. :lol:

greeneyed

First Grade
Now for the truly over-rated.

1. Andrew Johns
2. Daylight
3. Daylight
4. Trent Barrett
5. Karmichael Hunt
6. Brent Tate
7. Anyone in a St George jersey

hineyrulz

Post Whore
in about 12 months alan tongue has gone from one of the most under-rated players in the comp to one of the most over-rated players. well done skeepe:thumb

Go Nulla

Bench
greeneyed said:
Now for the truly over-rated.

1. Andrew Johns
2. Daylight
3. Daylight
4. Trent Barrett
5. Karmichael Hunt
6. Brent Tate
7. Anyone in a St George jersey

You read my mind, I was going to say anyone in a red and white jersey.

TheBourbonBeast

Juniors
Alan Tongue

Top tryscoring forward?? ROFL!! When has try scoring ever had anything to do with being a good forward?

Alan Tongue must give the best head in canberra, because I can't think of any other reason why he is talked up as much as he is in these forums.

Bucket

Bench
The dragons are in the top 4 teams in the NRL, how can you say they are overrated? and Matt Cooper is easily the best defending centre in the game and carves in attack v. often. Gaz is just a legend, continually shows up opposition defences...so the bulldogs are a second rate side are they??? he carved them this year. And Trent Barrett is a very talented footballer but has no brains and tries to do too much when he is under pressure leading to mistakes, although to call him overrated is unfair because not a single person i have spoken to from other clubs rates him and half of saints fans don't rate him either

Stewie Griffin

Juniors
I say the cooper is definately not over rated. Gasnier is a bit over rated. He does his bit in attack, but goes MIA in defence and the whole match a lot of times.

Alan Tongue is definately not over rated by the people without the green glasses on.:D :D only over rated by the people supporting the green machines!!!

effnic

Bench
Dazzat said:
Matt Cooper is massively overrated by NSW commentators. The guy can't step and just runs straight lines with no evasion skills whatsoever ... particularly if you compare him to Justin Hodges he's got nothing.
Cooper is underrated.

Rage

Juniors
hello everyone, this is my first post and I’m send it out with love to Gasnier, IMO the laziest centre in the nrl.

Watch him play, while other centres will come in to take hit ups to relive their forwards, I’m yet to see him do it. He may be a good player but he’s a ball hog and tends only to touch the football if there’s glory in it.

I’m not a fan of st george but I will still feel sorry for their supporters if he’s 5/8