What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most underrated or unappreciated Parramatta players ever.

hindy111

Post Whore
Jarryd Hayne
He made so many games worth watching when surrounded by dross, he was so good that Feleti and Krisnan were a pleasure. Looking back he was unappreciated by many in what he provided, sounds strange when he was idolised but what a player.

He was never under rated though. He always held the club at knifes edge for more money. He left them in a bad way with little chance to sign a 1million dollar player for 2015 whilst in the middle of a re build which ruined our season.No notice at all.
He then lied and rubbished the club about no contract offers only to sign for the Titans on big dollars. And then thrown a lifeline in 2018 he again publicly made noise about not yet being offered a contract at season end.
He also has two rape cases against him.

I can not believe some people want him back at the club. The guys a tool. A selfish individual and a ratbag.

crocodile

Bench
I recall after one GF win where Sterlo won MOTM, he openly stated that Squizzy should have won the award. Given their similar appearance, PTs efforts were often credited to PS. I also recall Stelo being dirty that PT wasnt selected in that years Kangaroo Tour. How good of a number 9 would he be in todays game.
Not only that, he could play 9, second row or lock and even filled in at fullback. How good was he. Any wonder he was one of ol' Jack's favourites.

T-Boon

Coach
Michael Erickson. Good winger. Was in a bad team. He made country origin. Good player. Underrated. Forgotten. Served me a beer at the club. It was a good beer.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Ron Graham and Gary Pethebridge. Both outstanding young centres.
Pethebridge also coached and I recall his year in charge of an outstanding Under 20s/21s/23s team. Probably some of the best attacking football Id seen.
Len Stacker the player considered,at one stage, to be The Mayors replacement in waiting. Played wing but was an outstanding young fullback in the lower grades. Also went on to have a fairly respectable lower grades coaching career.

lingard

Coach
I liked him too and remember how excited I was when we signed him from the Crushers because he was also an accomplished goal kicker. Still think that Brett Hodgson was fantastic for us and turned our attack around in the early 2000’s .

Brian Smith kept swapping him and Burt from fullback to wing. I reckon if he'd left Shifkofske at fullback he would have developed more, and might have stayed with us instead of becoming one of the best club-level fullbacks for years at Canberra.

IFR33K

Coach
Ron Graham and Gary Pethebridge. Both outstanding young centres.
Pethebridge also coached and I recall his year in charge of an outstanding Under 20s/21s/23s team. Probably some of the best attacking football Id seen.
Len Stacker the player considered,at one stage, to be The Mayors replacement in waiting. Played wing but was an outstanding young fullback in the lower grades. Also went on to have a fairly respectable lower grades coaching career.

Can you name players closer to this side of the 1980’s? For the younger folk.

IFR33K

Coach
Brian Smith kept swapping him and Burt from fullback to wing. I reckon if he'd left Shifkofske at fullback he would have developed more, and might have stayed with us instead of becoming one of the best club-level fullbacks for years at Canberra.

F^*k that Brian smith could develop a player. He’d be the most unluckiest bastard because he never won a Comp.

lingard

Coach
Jarryd Hayne
He made so many games worth watching when surrounded by dross, he was so good that Feleti and Krisnan were a pleasure. Looking back he was unappreciated by many in what he provided, sounds strange when he was idolised but what a player.

Agree. Particularly in 2009. He wasn't officially our captain, but he took charge of that side. He was the man talking in all of our huddles, spurring the team on. And players like Inu and Mateo (who never played that well again) responded in spades.

strider

Post Whore
We had a few good fullbacks for a while there

Schifcofske, Hodgeson, Mackinnon

Latest posts