What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most underrated or unappreciated Parramatta players ever.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Agree. Particularly in 2009. He wasn't officially our captain, but he took charge of that side. He was the man talking in all of our huddles, spurring the team on. And players like Inu and Mateo (who never played that well again) responded in spades.
Two Dally M's would suggest that if anything Hayne was overrated.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Brian Smith kept swapping him and Burt from fullback to wing. I reckon if he'd left Shifkofske at fullback he would have developed more, and might have stayed with us instead of becoming one of the best club-level fullbacks for years at Canberra.
We should of kep him and pissed of that downhill skier Luke Blurt.

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
Brad drew, pjmarsh, ridell

All hookers. Funny how we won minor premierships when we had gun hookers.

This is the biggest reason why I think Arthur is a clueless dope. He doesn't value the hooker position. He has played Edwards and stone at hooker ffs.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Yeah, we improved so much over the next few years....
I didn’t mind Robbo, but Finch was a much better half.
We wouldn’t of gotten close to a GF with him at 7, Robbo was solid at best but he did his job and didn’t overplay his hand. Plus his defence was excellent for a half.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Brad drew, pjmarsh, ridell

All hookers. Funny how we won minor premierships when we had gun hookers.

This is the biggest reason why I think Arthur is a clueless dope. He doesn't value the hooker position. He has played Edwards and stone at hooker ffs.
Rheed will end up being a better hooker than all of those merkins. Possibly is already.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
We wouldn’t of gotten close to a GF with him at 7, Robbo was solid at best but he did his job and didn’t overplay his hand. Plus his defence was excellent for a half.

I agree but he would of been a better half option moving forward. Better than Mcguire (who should of been at hooker) and Sandow IMO.

lingard

Coach
Ron Graham and Gary Pethebridge. Both outstanding young centres.
Pethebridge also coached and I recall his year in charge of an outstanding Under 20s/21s/23s team. Probably some of the best attacking football Id seen.
Len Stacker the player considered,at one stage, to be The Mayors replacement in waiting. Played wing but was an outstanding young fullback in the lower grades. Also went on to have a fairly respectable lower grades coaching career.

Respectable goal-kicker too, if I remember.

lingard

Coach
I reckon Joel Reddy was under-rated. Very good under the high ball; very good one on one defence; solid centre. I still think if he hadn't been off the field with injury in the '09 grand final, Inglis would never have scored that try, and we would have won.

T-Boon

Coach
Hell yeah Peter Johnston

Who is he? I don't think I remember him.
There is a guy here in Newcastle whose name is Peter Johnson (I think) who I think played a bit for Parra. I am pretty sure he owns a cafe. I would say aged about 50, caucasion, pretty ugly.
Is that him?

Last edited:

strider

Post Whore
Who is he? I don't think I remember him.
There is a guy here in Newcastle whose name is Peter Johnson (I think) who I think played a bit for Parra. I am pretty sure he owns a cafe. I would say aged about 50, caucasion, pretty ugly.
Is that him?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Johnston_(rugby_league,_born_1968)

l_1996%20series%201%20specials%20new%20(27).jpg