What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My daily drivel

Which Big 4 is better?

• Broncos

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Storms

Votes: 29 82.9%

• Total voters

Special K

Coach
Or we can kick the cheaters out of the comp and stop pouring money down the hole in melb and take the game to perth?

S.R.

Juniors
Yeah how about the Storm are sent back were they came fro. The Western Reds were a casualty to allow for the Melbourne Cheats to come into the comp, AND most of the players moved straight over didn't they?

SCUM.

AuDragon

Juniors
Yeah how about the Storm are sent back were they came fro. The Western Reds were a casualty to allow for the Melbourne Cheats to come into the comp, AND most of the players moved straight over didn't they?

SCUM.
The problem is that it shouldn't have been the Reds, but a Sydney team to go. Getting a team in fumble ball land was and remains extremely important!

_Johnsy

Referee
a Sydney team to go. Getting a team in fumble ball land was and remains extremely important!

Seriously, at the expense of a minimum subsidy of $6,000,000 per year?

Melb/brisbane/GC etc all applied to join the comp that was born in Sydney. The foundation clubs are the heart & soul of this comp, the only teams to actually suffer are those that have been in the comp any, mnay years before any of he clubs I mentioned joined. What sacrafices have any of the clubs above made for the betterment of the game ?

I know brisbane demanded, and had it written into the SL/ARL agreement that they were the only club in SE-QLD for a period of 8 years I think (not 100% sure). How about we look after the heart and soul of the game. If a sydney club decides to relocate then let them make that decision.

If it is that important, let them become self sufficient, if they are not after this many years, obviously they do not deserve a spot.

Melb/brisbane/GC etc all applied to join the comp that was born in Sydney. The foundation clubs are the heart & soul of this comp, the only teams to actually suffer are those that have been in the comp any, mnay years before any of he clubs I mentioned joined. What sacrafices have any of the clubs above made for the betterment of the game ?

I know brisbane demanded, and had it written into the SL/ARL agreement that they were the only club in SE-QLD for a period of 8 years I think (not 100% sure). How about we look after the heart and soul of the game. If a sydney club decides to relocate then let them make that decision.

If it is that important, let them become self sufficient, if they are not after this many years, obviously they do not deserve a spot.

Well said.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Junk. SFS Junk. Come watch a game in Melbourne.. then you'll see what i mean.
I've watched several games at AAMI and several more at SFS.

SFS is unbeatable.

Get your rose coloured glasses off you idiot.

AAMI is on a par with Skilled and Toyota

And as far as the best Rugby League Stadium in the world goes, maybe you need to go on a tour over to England. They've got this quaint little ground called Wembley.

Not sure if you've heard of it or not. They can fit 3 times the capacity of AAMI in it and still not be full.

dickhead.

AuDragon

Juniors

Need I remind you that the N in NRL stands for National, not New South Wales and even less SydNey.

There is no top level sport in the world where some of its foundation clubs have disappeard due to all kinds of reasons. It's not a painless process, nor is it an easy one, but it is in the best interest of the code!

No other national competition in the world has such a concentration of teams in a single city. London, which is 4x the size of Sydney, is the only city I know of that has more than 2 teams in top grade (in this case, the EPL) with 5 teams, simply because they will otherwise asfixiate eachother!

If a merge is too painfull (and it often is because of rivalry), then dissolution or relocation is the only answer. In the case of the Sharks, Wellington or CQ would probably be the choice, while Manly either dissolves into the CC Bears or attempts a move to Western SEQ (Ipswich / Logan). Eventually the Tigers and Souths will have to follow a similar path...

And no, you can let the clubs in question make the decision, because the heart will always rule over reason.

dollyhands

Juniors
Yeah getting money from a multi million dollar cooperation that owns and runs you is bad, it's much better to get cash out of local residents who have gambling problems by setting up pokie machines to build a club:crazy:

simostorm

Bench

Bring back the NSWRL :lol::lol:

Its the Broke Sydney clubs that are holding other teams back..

_Johnsy

Referee
Yeah getting money from a multi million dollar cooperation that owns and runs you is bad, it's much better to get cash out of local residents who have gambling problems by setting up pokie machines to build a club:crazy:
Dolly

News Lts make millions from the product (rugby leage - all 16 clubs)

So why do Melbourne get an additional 6 mill from a corporation that makes their profits from all clubs, put simply Melbourne via news ltd have their hands in every other clubs pockets. All clubs provide the product, so all clubs should reveive an equal amount of $$ from the NRL (which is done) & News Ltd.

Last edited:

dollyhands

Juniors
Dolly

News Lts make millions from the product (rugby leage - all 16 clubs)

So why do Melbourne get an additional 6 mill from a corporation that makes their profits from all clubs, put simply Melbourne via news ltd have their hands in every other clubs pockets. All clubs provide the product, so all clubs should reveive an equal amount of $$ from the NRL (which is done) & News Ltd.
Understand where your coming from, but they see the 6mil as an investment in their brand. What would pouring 6mil into the sharks do for the next TV rites for example? Not much

Need I remind you that the N in NRL stands for National, not New South Wales and even less SydNey.

There is no top level sport in the world where some of its foundation clubs have disappeard due to all kinds of reasons. It's not a painless process, nor is it an easy one, but it is in the best interest of the code!

No other national competition in the world has such a concentration of teams in a single city. London, which is 4x the size of Sydney, is the only city I know of that has more than 2 teams in top grade (in this case, the EPL) with 5 teams, simply because they will otherwise asfixiate eachother!

If a merge is too painfull (and it often is because of rivalry), then dissolution or relocation is the only answer. In the case of the Sharks, Wellington or CQ would probably be the choice, while Manly either dissolves into the CC Bears or attempts a move to Western SEQ (Ipswich / Logan). Eventually the Tigers and Souths will have to follow a similar path...

And no, you can let the clubs in question make the decision, because the heart will always rule over reason.

Seven teams in the Argentine Primera Division, a league considered to be one of the best in the world, are played out of Beunos Aires. In Brazil there are four in Rio de Janeiro and three in Sao Paolo. There are three teams in La Liga from the City or Metropolitan area of Madrid but unlike the NRL these codes have multi tier levels of competition. The USA for the most part have one team cities because, surprise surprise they are much bigger than Australia and have plenty of cities of to play out of, if the US were made up of New York, Kansas, West Virginia, Alaska and Alabama you can bet your life where the majority of teams would play out of.

I find it funny that fans of blow ins like Melbourne and Brisbane complain about Sydney when it is the biggest market in the nation and other codes can't wait ti get teams put in there but these guys want to take teams out. Crowds are alright considering the NRL direct their market to watch on the TV instead of getting out to the game and if getting out to the game would be the priority we would have more afternoon footy than we currently do so when it comes to the ratings Sydney does its job.

If the rednecks are serious about being the home of Rugby League then the one team town should have their ground sold out every week.

_Johnsy

Referee
Understand where your coming from, but they see the 6mil as an investment in their brand. What would pouring 6mil into the sharks do for the next TV rites for example? Not much

Fair point, but if all clubs provide the product in which News receive their profits, why shouldn't all clubs receive a share of those profits directly from News?

dollyhands

Juniors
Fair point, but if all clubs provide the product in which News receive their profits, why shouldn't all clubs receive a share of those profits directly from News?
Probably not fair but i think(99.9% sure) they would see it as business standpoint and don't care about weaker clubs and would probably want 2 or 3 to fold/relocate

AuDragon

Juniors
Seven teams in the Argentine Primera Division, a league considered to be one of the best in the world, are played out of Beunos Aires. In Brazil there are four in Rio de Janeiro and three in Sao Paolo. There are three teams in La Liga from the City or Metropolitan area of Madrid but unlike the NRL these codes have multi tier levels of competition. The USA for the most part have one team cities because, surprise surprise they are much bigger than Australia and have plenty of cities of to play out of, if the US were made up of New York, Kansas, West Virginia, Alaska and Alabama you can bet your life where the majority of teams would play out of.

I find it funny that fans of blow ins like Melbourne and Brisbane complain about Sydney when it is the biggest market in the nation and other codes can't wait ti get teams put in there but these guys want to take teams out. Crowds are alright considering the NRL direct their market to watch on the TV instead of getting out to the game and if getting out to the game would be the priority we would have more afternoon footy than we currently do so when it comes to the ratings Sydney does its job.

If the rednecks are serious about being the home of Rugby League then the one team town should have their ground sold out every week.
For a "superior NSW'man", you probably were at the end of the waiting line when IQ was attributed and you only got the scraps...

Buenos Aires population: 12.5 Million
Sao Paulo population: 17.7 Million
Rio de Janeiro: 10.5 Million

You managed to name 3 cities in the top 10 most populated in the world, all from second world countries where 80% of the population is absolutely crazy about the sport. (been there, seen it)
Guess where ALL their best players play? I'll give you a hint, it's not Argentina, nor Brazil, nor any other South American country for that matter...

Then you argue that other codes want a leg in Sydney. Whose support do you think they want to take away from? ](*,)

But really, the dumbest thing I've read for a long time in this forum, is the argument of the NRL favouring TV instead of bums on seats. :crazy:

Conclusion, you're competing with Haynetrain for ridicule... #-o

Latest posts