What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My QLD Team

Mr Saab

Referee
lockyno1 said:
BS..Smith is a much superior hooker and can captain anyway you know! Buderus is no certainty to be picked for game 1 this year as he had a absolute shocker in City-Country! Johnson would at least make the bench.

STFU you dumbshyte.
Buderus WILL be the starting hooker in all 3 games (injuries permitting).
City country :roll: that game means as much as the shyte you post about being married to a model and flying backwards and forwards from LA to watch NRL games. :roll:

Idiot.

Mr Saab said:
STFU you dumbshyte.
Buderus WILL be the starting hooker in all 3 games (injuries permitting).
City country :roll: that game means as much as the shyte you post about being married to a model and flying backwards and forwards from LA to watch NRL games. :roll:

Idiot.
Don't often agree with you ....but you are spot on here.

Chewie

Juniors
As a newbie here i know that i will have no respect to start off with but i'd run with this qld team for game 1:
1. hunt
2. tate
3. hodges
4. inglis
5. slater
6. lockyer
7. thurston
8. price
9. smith
10. civonaceva
11. crocker
12. webb
13. johnson
14. berrigan
15. thaiday
16. carroll
17. scott

That last bench spot is wide open though tbh. Scott could get it but then there's also benny ross among others. It's sad that bowen can't get a start but nothing can really be done about that.

Chewie

Juniors
Azkatro said:
Hunt is showing some weaknesses of late. He's had his fair share of "moments" this year (a few crucial errors in games), and last night was no exception. Bombing a try chance which would have effectively ended the match, then almost letting Souths score a matchwinning try after the siren! I mean honestly, shielding the ball in that situation .. what was he thinking?
That avatar is cool. May i ask where you got the video of johns getting bashed by goddard from?? Even where you can find pictures of this great moment....By the way, sorry for going off topic.

Charlie124

First Grade
1. Bowen
2. Hunt
3. Inglis
4. Hodges
5. Slater
6. Lockyer
7. Thurston
8. Price
9. Smith
10. Civoneceva
11. Crocker
12. Webb
13. Johnson

14. Thaiday
15. Scott
16. Carroll/Lillyman
17. Berrigan/A. Payne

(Payne as a bolter for SOO 3 perhaps when hopefully we have the series wrapped up, with the probability of berrigan going overseas next year Payne could very easily take over the "bench utility" position)

lockyno1 said:
Poor didums dazza..hunt will be the fullback.

Probably....doesn't mean he deserves to be there.
Will you get the 1st SOO on satelite tv in LA,or are you jetting home for it.?

Dazzat

First Grade
Chewie said:
As a newbie here i know that i will have no respect to start off with but i'd run with this qld team for game 1:
1. hunt
2. tate
3. hodges
4. inglis
5. slater
6. lockyer
7. thurston
8. price
9. smith
10. civonaceva
11. crocker
12. webb
13. johnson
14. berrigan
15. thaiday
16. carroll
17. scott

That last bench spot is wide open though tbh. Scott could get it but then there's also benny ross among others. It's sad that bowen can't get a start but nothing can really be done about that.

Way to go Chewie ... totally agree with every selection with the possible exception of Matt Scott, although I haven't seen many Cowboys games this year. I'd go for Kaufausi ... very imposing figure on the field ... Ross hasn't hit his straps yet after his knee reconstruction.

Also, it is tempting to put Bowen on the bench instead of Berrigan - who hasn't been playing that well this year. But I guess Berrigan's versatility will get him the nod.

lockyno1 said:
Keep telling yourself that..poor Matty this, poor matty that:lol:
like to take time out of your busy jet setting schedule & show me where Hunt is a better fullback.
Attack...no
Defence..no
Playmaking..No
Kicking..no
off you go now sunshine

lockyno1

Post Whore
Talking- hunt better
Catching bombs- hunt better
Running the ball back from receiving a kick- hunt better, bowen just passes it to his winger 99/100.

Why does every player have to be a playmaker! Isn't Thurston, Lockyer, Inglis, and Hodges enough, plus Slater on the wing as well. Fair dinkum. You need a good talker in your side and Hunt provides that role.

lockyno1 said:
Talking- hunt better
Catching bombs- hunt better
Running the ball back from receiving a kick- hunt better, bowen just passes it to his winger 99/100.

Why does every player have to be a playmaker! Isn't Thurston, Lockyer, Inglis, and Hodges enough, plus Slater on the wing as well. Fair dinkum. You need a good talker in your side and Hunt provides that role.

Liar..

Nevcost

Juniors
1. Hunt
2. Tate
3. Hodges
4. Inglis
5. A.Graham
6. Lockyer
7. Thurston
8. Price
9. C.Smith
10. Civoniceva
11. Crocker
12. Webb
13. Johnson

14. Kaufusi
15. Carlaw
16. Thaiday
17. Bowen/Prince

ocko

juniors
i must say i always thought payne was from nsw, but i checked and he is indeed from qld. must have been confusing him with someone else.

Shorty

Staff member
lockyno1 said:
Talking- hunt better
Oh ffs,shut up you imbecile!
Since when does talking matter?

Karmichael Hunt is absolutely deplorable at the moment,I don't care if Bowen doesn't get selected atleast put Slater there.

It's come down to the point of embarassment really,Hunt wouldn't even sit on the top five fullbacks at the moment(atleast three being Queenslanders) and he's going to be our Origin fullback.

And we've seen after Friday night,what he does to defend dangerous situations and was saved both times by sheer luck both very clearly(Hmm I wonder who took notice of that).

I hope Mal's confident.

Mr Saab

Referee
Talking does matter Cowgal.
When you are the fullback you are screaming out instructions to the defensive line, telling them where to be.
Matthew Ridge was probably the best at it.
It is a prime reason as to why Slater is fullback and not Inglis...cause inglis doesnt talk.

Dazzat

First Grade
Memo to Cowgirl ... who won Man of the Match in the recent test match against the Kiwis? So Hunt made two/three mistakes in his last game ... he's been consistently good throughout the year.

Last year, when Bowen was at fullback for Queensland there was confusion between Bowen, Lockyer and Thurston. Game one was horrible. Sure that could be fixed over time, but the ready-made combination between Lockyer and Hunt is important for Queensland. If Lockyer wasn't there I'd go for Bowen.

Shorty

Staff member
Good point Saab,but I don't think it matters to as much extent Locky is trying to point out,we're not losing matches because of lack of talking.

A lot of great players aren't big talkers.

Well where is that winning combination Dazzat,I'm yet to see any magic between those two this year.

I can't say the same for my team,they're working perfectly.

Don't get me wrong,I'd rather Bowen stay home and look after the Cows whilst Thurston is gone.

I'm just a little uneasy about Origin after Hunt almost let Sutton score.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Cowgirl86 said:
Good point Saab,but I don't think it matters to as much extent Locky is trying to point out,we're not losing matches because of lack of talking.

A lot of great players aren't big talkers.

Well where is that winning combination Dazzat,I'm yet to see any magic between those two this year.

I can't say the same for my team,they're working perfectly.

Don't get me wrong,I'd rather Bowen stay home and look after the Cows whilst Thurston is gone.

I'm just a little uneasy about Origin after Hunt almost let Sutton score.

Big talkers are big rep game players. Bowen needs to learn to talk, scream at his teamates, etc. It is what Hunt does all the time and one of the prime reasons that Lockyer likes him at fullback. Honestly who gives a f..k if the "magic" is not there..Hunt was MOTM in the test match a few weeks back, and it is not as if you need dead matchwinners from 1-7. We have Inglis, Hodges, Lockyer, and Thurston already! Hunt had the Sutton try all under control FFS!