What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My QLD Team

Chewie

Juniors
ocko said:
i must say i always thought payne was from nsw, but i checked and he is indeed from qld. must have been confusing him with someone else.
You might have been thinking of corey payne????? Isn't he a dragoon?

lockyno1

Post Whore
Sutton was nowhere near scoring to be honest- hunt just toyed with him and let it be close!

Chewie

Juniors
lockyno1 said:
Sutton was nowhere near scoring to be honest- hunt just toyed with him and let it be close!
He was pretty close. You can't defend hunt on that one. But regardless he's still the safest option at soo level.

Mr Saab

Referee
lockyno1 said:

You are a dumbshyte.
I am a Hunt fan as most know, but that was stupid play from Hunt. Showed zero urgency.
How Ikin gave him one point in the Dally Ms is just ludicrous.

Dazzat

First Grade
lockyno1 said:

It was 10 seconds of excitement out of 80 minutes of completely boredom. Hunt is a born entertainer. I even thought about watching SBS that night.

The_Savage_1

Juniors
lockyno1 said:
Big talkers are big rep game players. Bowen needs to learn to talk, scream at his teamates, etc. It is what Hunt does all the time and one of the prime reasons that Lockyer likes him at fullback. Honestly who gives a f..k if the "magic" is not there..Hunt was MOTM in the test match a few weeks back, and it is not as if you need dead matchwinners from 1-7. We have Inglis, Hodges, Lockyer, and Thurston already! Hunt had the Sutton try all under control FFS!

if that's the best you've got, slater is a good talker so f**k cutie off and play slater at FB if not bowen. slater is streets ahead of cutie also.

or even stick hodges at the back and someone else in the centres. hodges sure has a big mouth on him.

lockyno1

Post Whore
The_Savage_1 said:
if that's the best you've got, slater is a good talker so f**k cutie off and play slater at FB if not bowen. slater is streets ahead of cutie also.

or even stick hodges at the back and someone else in the centres. hodges sure has a big mouth on him.

I actually would not have a problem with Slater being chosen at fullback, but he won't. It is bowen I have a problem with as he has yet to show anything at rep level. Slater is in better form than Bowen to be honest. That said, Hunt will be there. He is the Australian fullback and he has not done anything wrong to miss out. Hunt will be there as his combination with Lockyer is a proven asset.

Dazzat

First Grade
The_Savage_1 said:

Derryn Hinch or John McEnroe ... both would make great fullbacks ...:D

It's a good place to be, finding differences between two great fullbacks ... didn't Queensland use three fullbacks last year ... Bowen, Hunt and then Schiffy in game three, and even putting Wesser on the wing ... all the while Slater was injured.

I'm liking being a Queenslander at the moment. I think Bowen has improved from last year, which is quite an achievement, but sometimes you have to go down (being dropped from Origin) before you go up.

Pistol

Coach
lockyno1 said:

sometimes ur pearls of wisdom really make me laugh,

u just cant admit hunt made a judgement error

The_Savage_1

Juniors
Dazzat said:
Derryn Hinch or John McEnroe ... both would make great fullbacks ...:D

It's a good place to be, finding differences between two great fullbacks ... didn't Queensland use three fullbacks last year ... Bowen, Hunt and then Schiffy in game three, and even putting Wesser on the wing ... all the while Slater was injured.

I'm liking being a Queenslander at the moment. I think Bowen has improved from last year, which is quite an achievement, but sometimes you have to go down (being dropped from Origin) before you go up.

unless you're cutie :p

Ghoulies

Bench
lol @ Locky's attempt to justify Hunt's moment of madness with Sutton.

Before last week he'd done nothing wrong, but if K gets found out in another situation like that before Origin, the stigma of him being one of the "safer" fullbacks in the comp would be lost, and the calls for him to miss selection in favour of a Bowen and Slater would grow even louder.

Shorty

Staff member
Ghoulies said:
lol @ Locky's attempt to justify Hunt's moment of madness with Sutton.

Before last week he'd done nothing wrong, but if K gets found out in another situation like that before Origin, the stigma of him being one of the "safer" fullbacks in the comp would be lost, and the calls for him to miss selection in favour of a Bowen and Slater would grow even louder.
Which is why I've piped up,I'm usually the quieter of Cows fans about Bowen but I watched that game on Friday and Hunt made quite a few bad judgments.

Which is fine,but it's a few bad judgments out of quite ordinary form.

He did well in the ANZAC Test but I think something has happened between then and there and I'm hoping it was just a brainsnap,because I can tell you Murray has probably taken notice of that and will test it.

Coaster

Bench
After tonights game i have the team like this:

1. Hunt
2. Slater
3. Inglis
4. Hodges
5. Rogers
6. Lockyer
7. Thurston
8. Price
9. Smith