What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New ARLC CEO Discussion

Who is your preferred NRL CEO?

• Total voters

BunniesMan

Immortal
But you would have been happy with Vlads arselicker, Dopey Merkin.
No I wouldn't have actually. I'd have been against a #2 from ANY rival coming to League. #2 at our rival codes are not considered good enough to be the #1 where they are now so they're not good enough to be #1 for us.

flamin

Juniors
And place to watch a replay of the conference online? I tried to stream it live but my connection failed.

_Johnsy

Referee
I think he'll do well. Came across as very down to earth and certainly understood that RL is a working mans game. He made sure that he indicated that it is about getting people working together, not a bad start IMO.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
The man is obviously corporate to the bone, and oozes professionalism. Such a shame many in the room couldn't match him in that regard and we may have got some more insight into his background should they have asked more pertinent questions.

It doesn't bother me the ties with Union in his background. That game poses no significant threat to our game in this country so I do not see it being an issue.

It is obviously early days for him, but he presented very well in that press conference and gives reason to be optimistic about his tenure. His international background appeals to me greatly, as he may be able to understand just how important his role will be in developing the international game.

Big Poppa Pump

Juniors
Bit of a history lesson that will hopefully clarify some things.

When the GFC hit there was no Lloyds International. Capital Finance, Bankwest, BOSI were owned by Halifax Bank of Scotland (HBOS). HBOS collapsed in the UK and the British Govt asked Lloyds to bail them out. Given HBOS had Australian representation Lloyds had to form an entity out here to run the Aussie business - hence Lloyds International.

Given the magnitude of the nightmare he inherited from the previous owners, only writing off $2.3B in 2010 & $1.6B in 2011 was a great effort.

As some of you saw in the press conference, the guy is the goods.

Frailty

First Grade
No I wouldn't have actually. I'd have been against a #2 from ANY rival coming to League. #2 at our rival codes are not considered good enough to be the #1 where they are now so they're not good enough to be #1 for us.

Wow... So I certainly would like to meet these people who are able to skip the corporate ladder to become CEOs straight away.

Silent Knight

First Grade
Not sure. I'll reserve judgement until I see him in action but tbh I don't like the fact that he was a Union player as a kid. Union types are just different and don't understand the working mans game.

Working mans game? You can't be referring to Souffs fans then.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Wow... So I certainly would like to meet these people who are able to skip the corporate ladder to become CEOs straight away.
It's not too much to ask we demand previous CEO experience when choosing someone for as important a role as this.

Frailty

First Grade
It's not too much to ask we demand previous CEO experience when choosing someone for as important a role as this.

I think it's foolish to demand CEO experience and rule out anyone who was 2IC in a successful sporting organisation.

_Johnsy

Referee
One thing is for sure (as if everyone didn't know) we can ignore anything dunniesman utters.

Big Sam

First Grade
Bunniesman wanted a polo playing Victorian to be CEO and now he goes on about 'working class values'. Tool.

Smith was very impressive. Exciting times ahead for this great game.

Patorick

Staff member
Heh, same glasses as Gallop.

I sense certain News Limited journos may not like him much...

betcats

Referee
Bit of a history lesson that will hopefully clarify some things.

When the GFC hit there was no Lloyds International. Capital Finance, Bankwest, BOSI were owned by Halifax Bank of Scotland (HBOS). HBOS collapsed in the UK and the British Govt asked Lloyds to bail them out. Given HBOS had Australian representation Lloyds had to form an entity out here to run the Aussie business - hence Lloyds International.

Given the magnitude of the nightmare he inherited from the previous owners, only writing off $2.3B in 2010 & $1.6B in 2011 was a great effort.

As some of you saw in the press conference, the guy is the goods.

Do you know any of the capital guys?

juro

Bench
I hope the gutter journos from the telegraph don't scare him off. It was painfully obvious they were fishing for controversy with their repeated questions. Bloody trolls!