What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New CEO announced tomorrow???

The Colonel

Immortal
So was it or not?

Suity

Well, we can guess that because a few people have applied for the job that they knew about it some how. It doesn't look like its on Seek but I remember the last time the club placed an ad on Seek for an admin role and they had 1500 applicants. ;-)

Gronk

Staff member
Well, we can guess that because a few people have applied for the job that they knew about it some how. It doesn't look like its on Seek but I remember the last time the club placed an ad on Seek for an admin role and they had 1500 applicants. ;-)

That's why you use a Employment Agency who will cull the 1500 for you. FMD Wallace is a HR hotshot isn't she ? :roll:

born an eel

Bench
I actually thought they would have used a head hunting company to short list perspective candidates

beat me to it Gronk

fish eel

Immortal
An ad though, isnt a guarantee of a good selection process, and doesnt mean someone wouldnt get the gig because of, to quote Bartman "people perhaps being appointed through being in the know," .

The Colonel

Immortal
That's why you use a Employment Agency who will cull the 1500 for you. FMD Wallace is a HR hotshot isn't she ? :roll:

I haven't really been involved with them for a long time now Gronk, but you do remember that Fitzy was in charge. Why waste money when you can do it yourself.

That said, they have a short list do they not? Sorry that the article doesn't explain in minute detail how they wenty about creating it.

Gronk

Staff member
Going public is the best way to ensure that you get the best (wo)man available for the job. It may very well end up being Ozzie or Mayer (who were seemingly encouraged to apply for the position) however without formally putting the position "out there", the Board can hardly say that they have exhausted all avenues for the best candidate.

strider

Post Whore
employment agencies cost an arm and a leg - I am only knowledgable of what they take in the IT industry, but I imagine when it steps up to CEOs then they would be taking a huge chunk of money to help appoint someone of that status

so if we can find some candidates we feel are good without having to go down that path then I have no problem with it

strider

Post Whore
Going public is the best way to ensure that you get the best (wo)man available for the job. It may very well end up being Ozzie or Mayer (who were seemingly encouraged to apply for the position) however without formally putting the position "out there", the Board can hardly say that they have exhausted all avenues for the best candidate.
but do they need to?

Gronk

Staff member
but do they need to?

I would have thought that the Board has responsibilities to their Members to ensure that the net is cast wide enough to ensure that the best candidates are given the opportunity to apply. So yes, I think they do.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
interesting choice

this guys seems too squeaky clean to be true

a Christian dad with 9 kids and he did volunteer work in Rwanda

sounds like he's out of a mail order catalog

anyway, good luck to the guy, hope it all works out well for both he and the club, assuming he is successful

The Colonel

Immortal

Can you show me where it is stated that they have or haven't done exactly that?

Can you show me where it is stated that they have or haven't done exactly that?

So you can show us the Ad the club put in the Australian or some other national paper calling for all applicants?

I know people like RAM and others have called for the process to be open and indeed exactly the above, and I would have thought to satisfy their requests those with "Inside" information would have noted such an advertisement so that we can all see the openness of the clubs nature moving forward.

If such wasn't done then indeed the right candidate might slip through our fingers because the don't know the right people to get an interview. Indeed as fish said there are no guarantees that they would get the job, but for the members we would know that the club has looked at all possible candidates.

fish eel

Immortal
I guess my point Mark, is that an ad is no guarantee that as "members we would know that the club has looked at all possible candidates"

They have a shortlist or people they like. They then bung an ad in the paper just so they can then tick the box and say they did it, and then interview only their original shortlist.

Gronk

Staff member
I guess my point Mark, is that an ad is no guarantee that as "members we would know that the club has looked at all possible candidates"

They have a shortlist or people they like. They then bung an ad in the paper just so they can then tick the box and say they did it, and then interview only their original shortlist.

Surely our new post Fitzy legends endorsed board would never do such a thing !

The Colonel

Immortal
So you can show us the Ad the club put in the Australian or some other national paper calling for all applicants?

I know people like RAM and others have called for the process to be open and indeed exactly the above, and I would have thought to satisfy their requests those with "Inside" information would have noted such an advertisement so that we can all see the openness of the clubs nature moving forward.

If such wasn't done then indeed the right candidate might slip through our fingers because the don't know the right people to get an interview. Indeed as fish said there are no guarantees that they would get the job, but for the members we would know that the club has looked at all possible candidates.

I thought I just asked that. But anyway.....

Of Course it is no guarantee but at least we would be casting a Wider net then people who know people and Members can be assured that at least that if a candidate submitted a resume it would be at least considered.

fish eel

Immortal
Of Course it is no guarantee but at least we would be casting a Wider net then people who know people and Members can be assured that at least that if a candidate submitted a resume it would be at least considered.

not if blinkers were on and a couple of people already favoured. ;-)

Latest posts