What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Jersey Released - Pictures inside.

beagle

Juniors
parra-matters said:
Told you all the white one was good!
Mine will be here in about 2 weeks.

I think I'll be waiting until season kick-off, just to make sure there are no "Red Rooster" type surprises. They've already made a few minor changes to the jersey's shown above.The Telstra Premireship logo is totally different, and the sleeve sponsors now say "Mounties Group".

Ron Jeremy

Coach
They great!!!!!!!!!!!

The real Blue and Gold colours ar eback, lets just hope they use more of the blue jersey as it looks a heap better

Hellsy

Immortal
Thoughts on the new logo????

newnrl.jpg

Avenger

Immortal
Ron Jeremy said:
They great!!!!!!!!!!!

The real Blue and Gold colours ar eback, lets just hope they use more of the blue jersey as it looks a heap better

As always, Ron makes the most sense.

Smylee

Juniors
Have you guys seen the Parra footy heaven website ?

http://www.parrafootyheaven.com.au/...uctcategory_id=1045&page=Players+Onfield+Gear

The gold is described as "Home"
The white as "Away"
and the blue as "Alternate"

Blue as Alternate !??!?

WTF !?!?

For me, blue will always be the home strip ...

Anyway, my opinion is that I really like the blue and gold one's - 'bout time we went back to 'blue' rather than 'navy'.

As for the white - someone else mentioned this and I agree - seeing Blue and White together just make me angry :x for me, it's just WRONG.

Will always support the boys of course - no matter what they wear, but I just don't think it's right... (personal opinion of course, all the best to those of you who like it !)

True EEL

Bench
i like them, back to a more traditonal Parramatta design and colours, although not sure about the white one, but is a bit like the winning 7's jumper i liked

better than the last model - oh and i like collars

but the collars on these seem a bit weird and they should be the opposite colour of the main colour of each jersey, the blue collar on blue jumper with no gold to speak of is quite weird....but all in all i like them

True EEL

Bench
i liked the old Tesltra Premiership logo, but that one is alright too, bit like the new jumper, its a bit old school and cool

oneguy

Juniors
I like.

The blue looks a bit light to what I'm used to (70's and early 80's) but others here seem to think it's the true colour.

Anyways - it ain't about the jersey it's about the players wearing it ;-)

GO PARRA!!!!!!

Parraletic

Juniors
Thank god we got rid of the Navy Blue & got back to the Royal Blue & Gold. The more I look at the white jersey, the nore I like it but y the need for 3 jerseys? The Blue Jersey has always been our home jersey since 1947, y in the last few years is the gold one now our main jersey!
But I like the design, the look good.

JOB 3:14

Juniors
Thumbs up x3. The white jersey is a nice addition. Lets play good football and the jerseys will look even better when we start crossing try lines.

Parraletic said:
y in the last few years is the gold one now our main jersey!

Well I can show you why.

In the "Golden Era" There were 14 Clubs.

Newtown = Blue With White
Bulldogs = White with Blue
Roosters = Blue with red and White
West = Blue and White

There were the side we clashed with, in a blue Jersey. Wests would change when the came to Parramatta to a White Strip. I think the Roosters did the same and when Newtown came we changed to the Gold Strip. We also changed to the Gold Strip when we Travelled to Bondi or Newtwon.

Now the Sides we Clash with is far more.

Broncos = Maroon and Gold
Panthers = Black
Tigers = Black Orange / Orange Black.
Storm = Purple / Gold
Titans = Sky Blue and Sand.

That Makes 7 Clubs that we Clash with in a blue Strip. Including ourselves that is half the premiership.

Also the Gold Stands out better when playing someone like the Sharks or the Sea-Eagles as a complete opposite as well

Just on that weight of numbers you will be seeing us in the Gold Strip more then you would a Blue Strip. So from then it makes sense to switch to the gold as a Main Jersey, to use it to forge a clear identity in the current league we play in.

forward pass said:
The club needs to make money to continue being successful - but seriously changing our strip at the first opportunity every time is just sh*tting me up the wall. Pick a design and stick with it.

Well this was a Contractual change.

When we changed from Classic to ISC, we had to keep the current design as we had only had that for the 2 years of a 3 year minimum that the NRL mandates.

Part of the Deal we had with ISC to get the whole deal at a better cost was for them to design (and hence collect a royalty for) a Jersey as soon as Possible. If we stay with ISC for 3 more years I am pretty sure you won't see a major change apart from sponsorship.