What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Jerseys

Bumble

First Grade
ghoti said:
but unfortunately, the Souths home jersey is easily the worst jersey continuously used in sporting history. It just looks so......bland.

:roll::roll:

Dear oh dear...

Two more pictures of the new jersey from the Dragons website.

c8622b14.jpg

9cbaca79.jpg

effnic

Bench
dodge said:
New jerseys revealed so far - Newcastle away, Souths away, Roosters away, Dragons home and away.

TBA - Raiders 25th anniversary, Panthers 40th anniversary, Sharks 40th anniversary.
Manlys 60th

hrundi99

First Grade
I didn't like the Roosters away at first but it's grown on me. It looks great in the ladies jersey, for what it's worth.

The Knights one looks good, though I'm not sure about the Bunnies away.

The Tank

Bench
On Sports Tonight, Lance Thompson wore the Sharks 70s shirt. I'm not sure if that means anything, but I hope the Sharks use it as their home shirt. I love that jersey.

MattJ

Juniors
We now hands down own the worst alternate strip in the comp, i far prefered our majority white away Jersey, this new 1 made me feel physically ill when i saw it unveiled on the website.
With any luck its just a money spinning gimmick and we wont ever have to run out in it.

innsaneink

Referee
MattJ said:
We now hands down own the worst alternate strip in the comp, i far prefered our majority white away Jersey, this new 1 made me feel physically ill when i saw it unveiled on the website.
With any luck its just a money spinning gimmick and we wont ever have to run out in it.

Souths didnt wear the alternate once last year throughout the comp rounds, so id say youre pretty safe.

coolumsharkie

Referee
The Tank said:
On Sports Tonight, Lance Thompson wore the Sharks 70s shirt. I'm not sure if that means anything, but I hope the Sharks use it as their home shirt. I love that jersey.

Have to agree Tank...

I think you'll find it will be the Sharks home Jersey next year, the most popular jersey at the Sharks yet, I hear the first batch sold out pretty quickly.

Obviously has something to do with the black bars but I swear the players look bigger in them. ( from a spectators point of view)

thickos

First Grade
That is a better pic of the Knights alternate strip for sure.... still a lot of red though, I just don't associate that massive shock of red with Newcastle...

BWNB

First Grade
coolumsharkie said:
Have to agree Tank...

I think you'll find it will be the Sharks home Jersey next year, the most popular jersey at the Sharks yet, I hear the first batch sold out pretty quickly.

Obviously has something to do with the black bars but I swear the players look bigger in them. ( from a spectators point of view)

Agreed i got mine as i come out and they sold all of them in like 2 days , they seem to go better with that jersey aswell.

Bomber

Bench
The Cowboys are apparently designing a new away strip sans the horns that make the players look like they have breasts.

Just as well, since we've lost every final we've played while wearing it

Nuke

Staff member
I wouldn't've thought Cronulla would be allowed to wear that '70's style jersey as their regular home jersey ... I believe Newcastle were told they weren't allowed to have their '90's style jersey as their regular home jersey because they had to be kept for retro games (or the odd commemorative game). If Cronulla are allowed to wear their old-style jersey, it sounds like a case of double-standards to me ... unless there's a good reason as to why this is the case.

SalfordRedsWA

Juniors
MattJ said:

Stop whinging that new shirt looks fantastic and ultra modern. id like to geddit anyways.

Ozzwald

Juniors
***MH*** said:

That's disgusting & a disgrace to the South Sydney tradition. It looks like a friggin' Penrith jersey.

Why they'd make the predominant colour black, when black is not even a Souths colour is beyond me. That'd be like Saints coming out with a blue jersey. Ridiculous. Colours aside, the design is just a shocker anyways.

Ozzwald

Juniors
WITH REGARD TO THE DRAGONS NEW STRIPS:

Love the return to the traditional looking Red V (including soul patch!)
Hate the round neck especially with the red trim. That looks ridiculous. Why you'd have a round neck on a jersey that sports a V on the front is beyond me. It just doesn't match. Bring back the collarless white V-neck. Put red trim around the arm bands if you must.
Not a fan of the addition of the "OKI" sponsorship logo to the rear of the jersey either. The jersey's are enough of a walking billboard as it is.

The away strip is an abomination. It's a freakin' SOCCER shirt. Enough said.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Ozzwald said:
WITH REGARD TO THE DARGONS NEW STRIPS:
The correct spelling is 'Dragons'.
Not my place to say mate but this bold outrage in your posting style is only reaching a target audience of madmen and hatchet merchants.... imho.

LeagueNut

First Grade
Apparently the Warriors new jersey will be revealed in our first trial of 2006 against Canberra at North Harbour Stadium.

innsaneink

Referee
LeagueNut said:
Apparently the Warriors new jersey will be revealed in our first trial of 2006 against Canberra at North Harbour Stadium.

Lets hope theres no leather patches on the elbows ay?