What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Jerseys

Nuke

Staff member
Ozzwald said:
Not a fan of the addition of the "OKI" sponsorship logo to the rear of the jersey either. The jersey's are enough of a walking billboard as it is.
I believe that Cronulla are getting a base of the back sponsor next year too. They are currently looking around for one to come on board.

I also have been told that most clubs in the NRL will be taking on this trend in the coming few years. Not something I'm particularly looking forward to. Personally, I hope the Knights continue to have 'NEWCASTLE' and the Eels continue to have 'PARRAMATTA' in that spot on the jerseys instead.

innsaneink

Referee
Looks like Wests Tigers also gettin in on the act with front n rear jersey sponsors..."Proton Cars" on front, and "Haier" whitegoods back.

Inferno

Coach
Nuke said:
I wouldn't've thought Cronulla would be allowed to wear that '70's style jersey as their regular home jersey ... I believe Newcastle were told they weren't allowed to have their '90's style jersey as their regular home jersey because they had to be kept for retro games (or the odd commemorative game). If Cronulla are allowed to wear their old-style jersey, it sounds like a case of double-standards to me ... unless there's a good reason as to why this is the case.

nah, they are only wearing it when playing traditional Sydney teams like Souths, Penrith, Roosters etc. When playing other teams like Raiders, Brisbane, Melbourne they will be wearing their normal home away Jersey. Fingers crossed in 2007 when we can change it, they will use it full time.

LeagueNut

First Grade
LeagueNut said:
Apparently the Warriors new jersey will be revealed in our first trial of 2006 against Canberra at North Harbour Stadium.
innsaneink said:
Lets hope theres no leather patches on the elbows ay?
lol ... actually, the way things have been going, this will probably be their new jersey:

687023.jpg

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Knightmare

Coach
Remember the days when you could be near certain what every team would be wearing the following season, and each club only had one major sponsor on their jersey? Even European soccer teams don't whore their strip out to more than one sponsor.

Pantherjim.

Referee
innsaneink said:
"Batter up!"

"Play baaaaaall!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

For once, I agree with Innsaneink...

Looks sh*thouse!

What the f*ck is suddenly wrong with collars on League jerseys anyway??!

innsaneink

Referee
Pantherjim. said:
Don't like it.

Makes Souths look too much like Penrith.

Hope they'll be wearing their home strip when they play us!

Dont worry too much, they wore last years alternate jersey 0 times in the premiership.

Pantherjim.

Referee
innsaneink said:
Dont worry too much, they wore last years alternate jersey 0 times in the premiership.

One of my mates is a Souths supporter, he loves the new alternate strip. He reckons the club will be wearing it frequently, although I keep telling him: "don't think for one second that your boys will be wearing it when they play our boys at Penrith Stadium."

I'm hoping common sense will prevail when Penrith take on Souths in any given round anyway.

We'll have to wear our home/main jersey when we play them at Redfern? Aussie Stadium?

Likewise, they'll have to wear their home/main jersey when they play us at Penrith Stadium.

Choppies

Coach
My opinion on the new jerseys.

Roosters away: Its growing on me.
Souths away: :lol: that is all and I thought our away was bad.
Newcastle away: First pic I saw I thought it looked too red but seeing a better quality one I like the black smudging integrating with the red.
Dragons home and away: I like them. They look very traditional.
Raiders: As I said earlier I like the jersey but the Collar WTF?