What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New NRL Logo?

What do you think of the new NRL logos?

• Total voters

Prometheus

Juniors
I've noticed that when the logo is embroidered on jerseys, only the two stars on the green background are noticeable. The rest of the Southern Cross blends into the yellow chevrons.

ShaneO85

Juniors
Tooheys really should push to sponsor the blues, NSW needs a NSW beer.

I always thought tooheys was the best blue's sponsor. Although it is hardly a true NSW beer anymore. The XXXX brewery at milton produces a shitload off the stuff. I was actually quite surprised when i did a tour of XXXX to find out we'd been making it in Brisbane for a long time.

Timbo

Staff member
Something I saw tonight whilst watching the cricket.

The Sydney Sixers have '01' in a silhouette next to the Cricket Australia logo in the same shape as the CA logo indicating they won the 1st Big Bash League.

Maybe something like that could be a goer for the BBL? Like Melbourne would have '12' next to theirs?

cleary89

Coach
Something I saw tonight whilst watching the cricket.

The Sydney Sixers have '01' in a silhouette next to the Cricket Australia logo in the same shape as the CA logo indicating they won the 1st Big Bash League.

Maybe something like that could be a goer for the BBL? Like Melbourne would have '12' next to theirs?

Did melb win the 12th comp?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
15th wasn't it? Or 105th, depending how you view it.

Timbo

Staff member
You all know what I mean.

The way they categorise the cricket is by season, not by year.

Big Sam

First Grade
If we're going to acknowledge premierships on jerseys, we should take a leaf out of European Football and their stars for each premiership above the club's logo on a jersey.

Canard

Immortal
If we're going to acknowledge premierships on jerseys, we should take a leaf out of European Football and their stars for each premiership above the club's logo on a jersey.

Aren't they more like 1 star signifies 10 titles etc? Otherwise you would have 35 f**king stars on a logo.

Basically only Souffs and St George would have a star (Im sure that last team mentioned want cause any debate).

Big Sam

First Grade
Aren't they more like 1 star signifies 10 titles etc?
In Italy yes. But it varies from country to country.

If it?s a soccer tradition then let the A-League copy it.
They do. And it's not exclusive to Football/Soccer - some RU clubs do it too.

I just think there should be an acknowledgement somewhere on the jersey of the amount of premierships won. It could be stars above the logo or a small representation of the trophy with the number of premierships the club has won below it.

Latest posts