What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Signings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CM67

Juniors
All fair & true K but it is the way they are coached that makes them not so good signings, as you indicate.

This 1,ooo times over.Newtown in 1981 made a GF.Aging halfback with no kicking game,average backline with a couple of exceptions,but certainly no "marquee" backs.Good forward pack with a couple of handy ball playing backrowers.Not too dissimilar from our current squad,I would actually say our squad is better.
Our coach:Shane Flanagan
Their coach:Warren Ryan
It is the coach that determines how players perform both individually,and as a team.Flanagan can get the best out of some players,but other players need the right structure to perform well.

Card Shark

Immortal
Hodkinson rejected a huge offer from us. Maloneys manager won't return our calls. Sezer isn't keen. Sandow will re-sign.

TC is not going to come back. Our actual best shot at a halfback is Albert Kelly, who is starting to look like he is eating Owen Craigie.

Even Chad Townsend doesn't want to return.

We all joke on here that coming to the Sharks is a career killer but players seemingly now know it to be true.

I maintain that Flanno has recruited some quality players over his time at the club, players capable of having us competing for the premiership....but he simply cannot get anywhere near the best out of anyone.

I really doubt we will be getting anymore top notch signings (without paying massive overs), we will be well & truly on the nose now.

shadowboxer

First Grade
I maintain that Flanno has recruited some quality players over his time at the club, players capable of having us competing for the premiership....but he simply cannot get anywhere near the best out of anyone.

He should be a stand alone recruiter then, on any game day when ever I see that shot of him, Wade Graham, Gallen and L.Lewis inviting people to come to the presentation having a good laugh, I always almost thow something at the screen................annoying!!!!

Card Shark

Immortal
Good idea Shadow, as CB4 said we don't have a recruitment officer.

He's good at that, so poor at coaching.

At least the payout won't be so big. :?

southland

Juniors
Could not believe how awkward our play was before that first try. Absolutely reminded me of under 8's footy.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Can someone explain to me how David Fifita is in first grade?

It seems to be a popularity contest in terms of selection at the moment.

We really missed the energy of Taga yesterday especially in that final 20-30 minutes of the game.

Inferno

Coach
We are back to the 2009/2010 days.

Seriously. No sponsor, a coach under pressure and not real lure to come here.

It will be about recruiting squad players again to remain afloat unless a miracle happens.

Hodkinson rejected a huge offer from us. Maloneys manager won't return our calls. Sezer isn't keen. Sandow will re-sign.

TC is not going to come back. Our actual best shot at a halfback is Albert Kelly, who is starting to look like he is eating Owen Craigie.

Even Chad Townsend doesn't want to return.

Tough times ahead. We face the very real prospect of fighting off a low finish in our 50th season instead of aiming for a premiership.

He had no problems scoring two 90m trys over the weekend. Certainly worth reaching out if he's interested.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
He had no problems scoring two 90m trys over the weekend. Certainly worth reaching out if he's interested.

Absolutely.

Both him and Chad would be a handy combination of you ask me.

I'm surprised to hear Chad doesn't want to come back to the club as I've heard different reports.

Anyhow here is a bit of a Sunday morning giggle for those interested

MILLS SHAPING AS A MID-SEASON PICKUP
Facebook32Twitter2
Written by STAFF WRITERS, March 29, 2015
FORMER Sharks winger Stewart Mills is looming as a valuable mid-season pickup as he looks to to relaunch his NRL career.

The 23-year-old, who walked away from a six-figure deal with the Broncos last year, has recently signed with Wollongong Wests in the Illawarra comp and catching the eye of a number of clubs short of quality outside backs.

The Sea Eagles, Tigers, Raiders and Sharks loom as suitors for the motivated winger.

Manly, who have also been heavily linked to a mid-season move for disgruntled Broncos back Daniel Vidot, are in desperate need of depth in the outside backs following the long-term injury to Clint Gutherson and uncertainty surrounding Jorge Taufua.

Mills stunned Broncos officials when he asked for a release last July to move back home to Sydney and work as a carpenter.

?It was a tough decision to give away a possible NRL career for nothing but it just wasn?t working out and I was really struggling financially,? Mills told RLW last year.

?I had a lot of bills, suddenly moving away from home, and I (moved) back with my parents.

Mills, who burst onto the scene with the Sharks in 2011, enjoyed a strong start to his NRL career with Phil Gould describing the winger?s debut against the Roosters as ?one of the toughest and most competent first grade debuts? he had seen.

Mills made 16 appearances for the Sharks over three seasons.

Tags:
Posted in: THE MOLE
Comments
0 comments

Previous: THE NRL?S NEXT MILLION DOLLAR MAN

Avenger

Immortal
Are Holmes, Feki and Bird signed up with your guys? Would you swap Holmes for Corey Norman? You need a 6 and we will have 2 in 2016.

Avenger

Immortal
Lol

Holmes aint going anywhere...he is signed till the end of 2017

Would you take flash?

I wouldn't. We are just waiting for the Rainbow chaser to realise his dream/or come back to reality before we commit to a fullback. I don't like Hoppa there.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
As arrogant and bad as this sounds it's time for the club to get fair dinkum and grow some balls. Now don't get me wrong I love the bloke and my kids love him to, but if I was running the show I would be telling flash to look for a mid year change of teams.

The fullback position is very debatable but we have the incumbent fighting for his spot with a former dally m winner and one of the brightest prospects in the game coming through. It's fair to say 3 players don't fit in one so for that reason I'd be making that decision.

We are playing without a 5/8. We need to bite the bullet and throw Connor Tracey in the deep end. Unfortunately we couldn't predict the injury to Nu and as it currently stands we are without a playmaker.

Just my 2 cents

Avenger

Immortal
You guys have an ageing roster. The first person that needs to go is Gallen. Followed by Heignington and Lewis. You still need some tough players that are not over the hill. I'd go after Nate Miles. Nathan Brown will your next coach. I predict it will happen by mid year. You cannot go with another rookie.

coolumsharkie

Referee
You guys have an ageing roster. The first person that needs to go is Gallen. Followed by Heignington and Lewis. You still need some tough players that are not over the hill. I'd go after Nate Miles. Nathan Brown will your next coach. I predict it will happen by mid year. You cannot go with another rookie.

Couldn't agree more, Gallen's stats from last night might be 40 tackles and 200 meters but f**k me he is a plodder. I even hope that they don't pick him for NSW, he is shithouse personified.

Avenger

Immortal
Couldn't agree more, Gallen's stats from last night might be 40 tackles and 200 meters but f**k me he is a plodder. I even hope that they don't pick him for NSW, he is shithouse personified.

Being a local I watch you guys alot and care about your future. How Gallen can take two hitups inside the opposition 20 is beyond me. We had a similar situation last year with Hayne. Although he is a superstar he actually demands the ball too much which stifles your attack and takes away plenty of ownership from other players. This year we are scoring at will which would have seemed fantasy last year. With the Sharks you have something similar but it's a prop. :crazy::crazy::crazy:

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Being a local I watch you guys alot and care about your future. How Gallen can take two hitups inside the opposition 20 is beyond me. We had a similar situation last year with Hayne. Although he is a superstar he actually demands the ball too much which stifles your attack and takes away plenty of ownership from other players. This year we are scoring at will which would have seemed fantasy last year. With the Sharks you have something similar but it's a prop. :crazy::crazy::crazy:

Wash your mouth out with soap sir

Avenger

Immortal
Wash your mouth out with soap sir

He plays like a third prop. Just like Sam Burgess did last year at 13 for Souths. The difference is Sam Burgess is good. Locks don't play like they used to, haven't you noticed?

Last edited:

Snoop Shark

First Grade
He plays like a third prop. Just like Sam Burgess did last year at 13 for Souths. The difference is Sam Burgess is good. Locks don't play like they used to, haven't you noticed?

Mate us fans want him there.

He plays like one and sadly his ball playing days are looooooooong gone.

He makes the switch for the blues when they needed him but refuses to do so for the club

Craigshark

First Grade

Exactly. His stats and super coach points look good, though his effectiveness has disapeared. Maybe because he plays too many minutes? Maybe because his getting on. Last night he was easy meat for the defence at times.

Also, like Snoop said.. It's time to move Gordon on. It won't happen, but he doesn't cut it or or offer us anything anymore. You could put Barba there or Holmes who would do just as good job and probably better. Than I'd probably prefer to see Gagan get his shot on the wing before Gordon takes one spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.