What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Signings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madsharkie

First Grade
DCE lock? Haha, not going to happen.
He's not far off being the best half getting around (not much between him, JT and Cronk), and DCE has youth on his side and lots more potential to improve than the others (he's yet to hit his peak).

Click2000

Juniors
I thought at one stage we were favourites to get DCE but now it's seems like we're out of the picture!!!!

I reckon he is a very important signing for us, the difference between winning a premiership and not IMO.

On a completely different note, I watched the entire 1973 GF yesterday on youtube, I'd only seen the hightlights before considering I was only 2 when it was actually played!! Anyway, we really should of won that!! We were the better team and could of scored 3 or 4 times !!! If it wasn't for Bob Fulton we would have a premiership !!! haha a little too late to be bummed about losing that GF but still!!! Pretty cool to watch actually, the scrums were great, our hooker Ron Turner was the man!!!

Well don't watch the '78 GF then because there is a lot more hurt in that one.
You'll understand why they are called The Hartleys of Brookvale.

Click2000

Juniors
Well don't watch the '78 GF then because there is a lot more hurt in that one.
You'll understand why they are called The Hartleys of Brookvale.

I watched that one with my Dad on a family holiday on the Gold Coast, 1st time i remember being really upset over a football match - actually the replay was upsetting but I'll never forget it because my hatred for Manly (Hartley) started that day!!!!

southland

Juniors
As much as I would love to see the headline Cherry a Shark in 2016!

6. Barba
7. Cherry (Inventive, cool head, can kick. The best option by far)

Backup plans:

6. Barba
7. Sezer (I think under Flan and a kicking coach, Sezer could be rock solid and inventive and let us spread our cap money on a hardass forward and keeping our younger talents)

6. Barba
7. Hodkinson (His kicking game is a huge plus for us, also a cool head to balance Barba)

6. Barba
7. Maloney (yeah an improvement but not that exciting, maybe past his best)

6. Barba
7. Murphy (Who knows how he will go this year. He def has the potential and talent, needs a chance and to gear into 1st grade speed and defence standard)

6. Barba
7. Nu Brown ( has been focused on hooker?)

glenmoresharkie

First Grade

6. Barba

Backup plans:

6. Barba
7. Sezer (I think under Flan and a kicking coach, Sezer could be rock solid and inventive and let us spread our cap money on a hardass forward and keeping our younger talents)

6. Barba
7. Hodkinson (His kicking game is a huge plus for us, also a cool head to balance Barba)

6. Barba

6. Barba
7. Murphy (Who knows how he will go this year. He def has the potential and talent, needs a chance and to gear into 1st grade speed and defence standard)

6. Barba

No thanks to Maloney. He isnt a halfback anyway

bluefox1968

Juniors

6. Barba

Backup plans:

6. Barba

6. Barba

6. Barba

6. Barba

6. Barba

If we don't get DCE, the second-best option, I think, would be Hodkindon.

Quigs

Immortal
Reefy Schmeefy !!! I had him on the ropes over in the Qantas thread. Everyone knew I was settin' him up for a knockout blow and whats he do.

He deliberate got himself red carded because he was shittin' himself.

Lucky for moi I've still got Surely, Bluey and a few other dorks to bounce around.

Just remember, "I told youse"

Feej

First Grade
Reefy Schmeefy !!! I had him on the ropes over in the Qantas thread. Everyone knew I was settin' him up for a knockout blow and whats he do.

He deliberate got himself red carded because he was shittin' himself.

Lucky for moi I've still got Surely, Bluey and a few other dorks to bounce around.

Just remember, "I told youse"

You're just a Labor bully boy Quigs.

Crikey!!!!

Juniors

6. Barba

Backup plans:

6. Barba

6. Barba

6. Barba

6. Barba

6. Barba

Hodkinson and Murphy are not bad options. Cool heads, good kick and half the price or better
You are all right haven't seen the best of DCE yet...... Or have we.... $2.4mill bet...

Why would manly let him go so easy if he is the bomb... DCE and Foran main option then Foran now became their main focus....

Something is not right...

Hey but all you guys know a lot more about footy then me... Thats is the way it come across..

CB4 the only guy worth listening too...

The most just want to ridicule and abuse.... Very petty...

ghoti

Bench
I hope Murphy has more than he's shown, but he looks about four steps behind townsend, who is as underwhelming as they come.

If we miss DCE I'd put everything into Hodkinson, don't think Sezer or Maloney are the right halves to match with Barba. Would consider getting Townsend back only because he's a better prospect than Murphy, but it's looking slim for options if we miss our first couple of choices

Cornish is also off contract at the Raiders and looks raw but quality... Dunno if he'll leave Canberra. Likewise for Sandow, don't reckon he'll leave unless unwanted

Crikey!!!!

Juniors
I hope Murphy has more than he's shown, but he looks about four steps behind townsend, who is as underwhelming as they come.

If we miss DCE I'd put everything into Hodkinson, don't think Sezer or Maloney are the right halves to match with Barba. Would consider getting Townsend back only because he's a better prospect than Murphy, but it's looking slim for options if we miss our first couple of choices

Cornish is also off contract at the Raiders and looks raw but quality... Dunno if he'll leave Canberra. Likewise for Sandow, don't reckon he'll leave unless unwanted

Geez id hate to have you in my corner. You shoot me down on comments and then say exactly the same as what i am saying.

Lets not buy DCE because he is the best half on the market.

Lets buy the best half on the market that suits our team.

Otherwise we will need to rebuild around him and i think everybody agrees we can't be doing that to often.

I believe we have a very good side and lots of back up.

flanno lets not f... it up and lose players like previous years trying to chase a premeirship and lets build it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts