What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New stadium - 2025

murraymob

Coach
We are front page with the premier saying we are getting the stadium one step closer no dates set for the build.i will believe it when they start building

WestyLife

First Grade
Would be nice since the stadium isn't particularly great but I'll believe it when I see it.

Bob

Juniors

A new Penrith stadium will be built as part of the government’s Western Sydney infrastructure​

Only months after winning the premiership, it can be revealed that the Penrith Panthers will soon have a brand new stadium to play on.

Penrith Stadium will be knocked down and rebuilt to create a world-class sporting and cultural destination, as part of the state government’s suburban stadium masterplan.
The boutique stadium in Western Sydney is set to have a capacity of between 25,000 and 30,000 people, and will come at an estimated cost of around $300 million.
No time-frame has yet been set for when the first Steeden will be kicked at the ground – the full redevelopment will go through a competitive design and construction tender.

Premier Dominic Perrottet said it made sense to invest in infrastructure for Western Sydney, in line with his “six cities” vision announced at The Daily Telegraph’s Bradfield Oration last week.
A packed Penrith Stadium.

The stadiums strategy has identified Greater Penrith to Eastern Creek as a key growth corridor for the region, emphasising the importance of a revitalised Penrith Stadium.
“We are sending a clear message to Australia and the rest of the world that Western Sydney is a cultural capital in its own right,” Mr Perrottet told The Telegraph.
“You have Moore Park in the eastern city, Parramatta in the central city and then Penrith in the Western Parkland city,” he said
“As Western Sydney grows, this stadium will have greater use and prominence. It will stand tall in Western Sydney for everyone.”
The current stadium in Penrith is more than 40 years old, and, according to Mr Perrottet, “in need of repairs”.
Recently fans packed the stadium to see Penrith coach Ivan Cleary and captain Nathan Cleary celebrate winning the Grand Final. Picture: Tim Hunter.

Recently fans packed the stadium to see Penrith coach Ivan Cleary and captain Nathan Cleary celebrate winning the Grand Final. Picture: Tim Hunter.
A revamped Penrith Stadium is one of a number of boutique stadiums which had been under consideration since last year, after the government abandoned plans to spend $820 million upgrading ANZ stadium.
The government is continuing to examine options for other boutique stadiums – potentially Kogarah and Brookvale – but no commitments have been made.

Money to fund business cases for new suburban stadiums was first committed in the 2020 budget, with a further investment included in Mr Perrottet’s last budget in June.

Australian Rugby League Commission Chairman Peter V’landys has previously insisted that the $820 million saved by abandoning the ANZ plans should be spent on building smaller, boutique stadiums around Sydney.

Mr V’Landys yesterday commended Mr Perrottet for investing in a new Penrith stadium.

ARL Commission chairman Peter V'landys.

“I think this is the best news ever for Penrith – they’re going to have a world class stadium which young kids will aspire to play at,” he said.

He said the upgraded stadium “will keep the money in the local economy, and there’ll be so many other sports and community events which can be held at that ground”.

“Whatever the government spends on it, they’ll get a multiplier of three or four.”

Bradfield’s ambition should be our guiding light‘It’s time for Sydney to enjoy the roaring 2020s’
Jobs Minister and Local MP Stuart Ayres said fans will “flock” to the “state of the art temple of sport”. “It is much more than just a football ground,” Mr Ayres said.

Sports Minister Natalie Ward said the new stadium will be a “world-class” venue for “world-class sporting events”.

BxTom

Bench

A new Penrith stadium will be built as part of the government’s Western Sydney infrastructure​

Only months after winning the premiership, it can be revealed that the Penrith Panthers will soon have a brand new stadium to play on.

Penrith Stadium will be knocked down and rebuilt to create a world-class sporting and cultural destination, as part of the state government’s suburban stadium masterplan.
The boutique stadium in Western Sydney is set to have a capacity of between 25,000 and 30,000 people, and will come at an estimated cost of around $300 million.
No time-frame has yet been set for when the first Steeden will be kicked at the ground – the full redevelopment will go through a competitive design and construction tender.

Premier Dominic Perrottet said it made sense to invest in infrastructure for Western Sydney, in line with his “six cities” vision announced at The Daily Telegraph’s Bradfield Oration last week.
A packed Penrith Stadium.

The stadiums strategy has identified Greater Penrith to Eastern Creek as a key growth corridor for the region, emphasising the importance of a revitalised Penrith Stadium.
“We are sending a clear message to Australia and the rest of the world that Western Sydney is a cultural capital in its own right,” Mr Perrottet told The Telegraph.
“You have Moore Park in the eastern city, Parramatta in the central city and then Penrith in the Western Parkland city,” he said
“As Western Sydney grows, this stadium will have greater use and prominence. It will stand tall in Western Sydney for everyone.”
The current stadium in Penrith is more than 40 years old, and, according to Mr Perrottet, “in need of repairs”.

A revamped Penrith Stadium is one of a number of boutique stadiums which had been under consideration since last year, after the government abandoned plans to spend $820 million upgrading ANZ stadium.
The government is continuing to examine options for other boutique stadiums – potentially Kogarah and Brookvale – but no commitments have been made.

Money to fund business cases for new suburban stadiums was first committed in the 2020 budget, with a further investment included in Mr Perrottet’s last budget in June.

Australian Rugby League Commission Chairman Peter V’landys has previously insisted that the $820 million saved by abandoning the ANZ plans should be spent on building smaller, boutique stadiums around Sydney.

Mr V’Landys yesterday commended Mr Perrottet for investing in a new Penrith stadium.

ARL Commission chairman Peter V'landys.'landys.

“I think this is the best news ever for Penrith – they’re going to have a world class stadium which young kids will aspire to play at,” he said.

He said the upgraded stadium “will keep the money in the local economy, and there’ll be so many other sports and community events which can be held at that ground”.

“Whatever the government spends on it, they’ll get a multiplier of three or four.”

Bradfield’s ambition should be our guiding light‘It’s time for Sydney to enjoy the roaring 2020s’
Jobs Minister and Local MP Stuart Ayres said fans will “flock” to the “state of the art temple of sport”. “It is much more than just a football ground,” Mr Ayres said.

Sports Minister Natalie Ward said the new stadium will be a “world-class” venue for “world-class sporting events”.
So the current government will rely on a future government to fund and pay for their promises. I.e. No time frame has been set for when it is built - they are only going through the design process. Don't hold your breath...

So the current government will rely on a future government to fund and pay for their promises. I.e. No time frame has been set for when it is built - they are only going through the design process. Don't hold your breath...

Looks like it’s official. Construction set to start before the next election.

I had a strong feeling this would happen, the Penrith electorate is pretty important to the government’s re-election.

if it’s $300m it’s very likely going to be a 25,000 seat stadium, which I think is the perfect size.

Pantherjim.

Referee
I guess that’s a massive electoral carrot from the Libs.

Trying to ensure that “Howard’s Battlers” will continue to vote LNP State and Federally whilst their kids are still taught in demountables without air conditioning and Nepean Hospital doesn’t yet have a decent ICU, doesn’t do bypass surgery and has no palliative care unit.

Ah, priorities……

murraymob

Coach
Who cares why we are getting it .we are getting it.the one area that has held us back for decades has been corporate boxes.we can now match anyone and with our juniors.we should be top 8 every year
Up the panthers
I remember sitting on the hill where the eastern grandstand is .we need to keep moving forward as a club .damm exciting times to be a panther

MugaB

Coach
Who cares why we are getting it .the one area that has held us back for decades has been corporate boxes.we can now match anyone and with our juniors.we should be top 8 every year
Up the panthers
Hahahaha corporates.... what corporates live in mt druitt.... still yeah, i saw daniel johns in a riff jersey.. so build it they will come i suppose

murraymob

Coach
Hahahaha corporates.... what corporates live in mt druitt.... still yeah, i saw daniel johns in a riff jersey.. so build it they will come i suppose
I guess you not aware a airport is coming along with 100s of company that line and service those facility’s ..the eastern creek hub is growing as these grow the potential for there sponsorship grows.the days of giving them hot dogs and chips have gone

Bob

Juniors

Trying to ensure that “Howard’s Battlers” will continue to vote LNP State and Federally whilst their kids are still taught in demountables without air conditioning and Nepean Hospital doesn’t yet have a decent ICU, doesn’t do bypass surgery and has no palliative care unit.

Ah, priorities……
Sorry but the ICU isn’t to bad, 4 years ago I spent a day in the ICU on spinal watch when I fractured my L1 vertebrae in my lower back, I then spent a further 10 days in a ward on spinal watch, I couldn’t of received better care, my treatment was great and the wonderful nurses who looked after me I couldn’t praise high enough

MugaB

Coach
I guess you not aware a airport is coming along with 100s of company that line and service those facility’s ..the eastern creek hub is growing as these grow the potential for there sponsorship grows.the days of giving them hot dogs and chips have gone
Airport, yes, still 20 mins away from penrith, but yeah i see your point, pop keep building and spreading west as sydney is doing over the next decade and the stadium will be the current WSS (wankfest) in pawwa

Pantherjim.

Referee
Sorry but the ICU isn’t to bad, 4 years ago I spent a day in the ICU on spinal watch when I fractured my L1 vertebrae in my lower back, I then spent a further 10 days in a ward on spinal watch, I couldn’t of received better care, my treatment was great and the wonderful nurses who looked after me I couldn’t praise high enough

Yet if you need coronary artery bypass surgery you get sent off to Westmead public and my Mother had to be palliated for her brain tumour in a Nursing home because there currently is no palliative care unit. I’ve previously worked for Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District as a Registered Nurse, not to mention was raised in the local area since it was a blue ribbon ALP seat with Ross Free as the sitting MP

Pantherjim.

Referee
Who cares why we are getting it .we are getting it.the one area that has held us back for decades has been corporate boxes.we can now match anyone and with our juniors.we should be top 8 every year
Up the panthers
I remember sitting on the hill where the eastern grandstand is .we need to keep moving forward as a club .damm exciting times to be a panther

I’m not against the stadium revamp, but the club should be footing the bill for it, not the tax payers.

Iamback

Coach

Ah, priorities……

The Hospital is huge now. Getting more extensions too