What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New stadium - 2025

They posted a video on twitter with the comparison to North Queensland stadium made.

Yeah but that was in terms of an end being open, I’m purely referring to corporate boxes all being on the same side of the field. Which is actually the case is Townsville as well. They do it to keep the costs down.

Kilkenny

Coach
That is not necessarily true. I know that from personal experience
I’m not questioning your personal experience all I am saying is if you experience a unfortunate life threatening situation require an ambulance they will transport you to Nepean Hospital and you will receive the utmost care and best services available in order to preserve your life. My daughter is a critical care nurse, she worked Westmead, Royal North Shore, RPA now resident in Perth. Honestly I listen to her stories, the amazing dedication of our health professionals in an imperfect world. I understand where Panther Jim is coming from but it doesn’t take away from the fact our region, Western Sydney will benefit on so many fronts from having a world class stadium.

MugaB

Coach
I’m not questioning your personal experience all I am saying is if you experience a unfortunate life threatening situation require an ambulance they will transport you to Nepean Hospital and you will receive the utmost care and best services available in order to preserve your life. My daughter is a critical care nurse, she worked Westmead, Royal North Shore, RPA now resident in Perth. Honestly I listen to her stories, the amazing dedication of our health professionals in an imperfect world. I understand where Panther Jim is coming from but it doesn’t take away from the fact our region, Western Sydney will benefit on so many fronts from having a world class stadium.
Stadium is a new one, yes?

Pantherjim.

Referee
Well it’s really none of your business, but at least four in the last ten years, colonoscopy, endoscopy, knee surgery and heart angiogram all age related I guess, private funded but never had a problem with Nepean Hospital. I think the our hospital system is amazing, even if I haven’t had to endure any procedure on the public waiting list. Maybe I would feel different if I didn’t have private cover, but I do and pay big dollars for it. All of the above cost me, would have been free if I was prepared to wait a month or two.

And the point of my question was not to pry into your private health history - (I do so on a day to day, bread and butter basis with my own patients, ergo why would I be interested in yours in my down time?) - but to clarify as to whether you’d actually had open heart - (I.e. rib cage cracked spread, heart stopped and maintained on bypass machine) - surgery at Nepean which you’ve just confirmed that you haven’t.

As I said previously, I used to work for Nepean Blue Mountains Local Heath District as an RN, and all Nepean patients requiring Cardiothoracic surgery go directly to Westmead which in my opinion is embarrassing for a major public hospital. The people of the Penrith region deserve so much better.

DinkyDi

Juniors
My sister worked as a ICU nurse at Westmead, and now she works in Brisbane.

Pantherjim.

Referee
I’m not questioning your personal experience all I am saying is if you experience a unfortunate life threatening situation require an ambulance they will transport you to Nepean Hospital and you will receive the utmost care and best services available in order to preserve your life.

Unless of course you require major heart or lung surgery in which they will bypass Nepean and take you 30 mins further down the M4 to Westmead, which as I’ve said is thoroughly embarrassing for Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District and State Politicians who have not seen fit to rectify the situation and so unjust for the people of the Penrith region.

Kilkenny

Coach
And the point of my question was not to pry into your private health history - (I do so on a day to day, bread and butter basis with my own patients, ergo why would I be interested in yours in my down time?) - but to clarify as to whether you’d actually had open heart - (I.e. rib cage cracked spread, heart stopped and maintained on bypass machine) - surgery at Nepean which you’ve just confirmed that you haven’t.

As I said previously, I used to work for Nepean Blue Mountains Local Heath District as an RN, and all Nepean patients requiring Cardiothoracic surgery go directly to Westmead which in my opinion is embarrassing for a major public hospital. The people of the Penrith region deserve so much better.
My daughter currently works in ER in Sir Charles Gardiner Hospital in Perth her views are rather depressing which is sad.

It doesn’t alter the fact there is a case for having a new stadium in Western Sydney, in our case Penrith.

Sport in our society is embedded in our culture, it is such an important part of the fabric of our society.

Last edited:

Pantherjim.

Referee
My daughter currently works in ER in Sir Charles Gardiner Hospital in Perth her views are rather depressing which is sad.

I can’t say I blame her. ED Nurses cop it from all angles, dealing with druggies, mentally ill patients, drunk drivers, etc. I don’t think I’ve met an Emergency RN who hasn’t been physically assaulted.

I have a critical care background myself; spent 10 years working in Liverpool Hospital CCU, and my motto is that in Nursing, you need a sea change every 5-10 years (I.e. apply for a different field/ward/department) It’s the only way I’ve survived for 26 years as a Registered Nurse.

Kilkenny

Coach
Unless of course you require major heart or lung surgery in which they will bypass Nepean and take you 30 mins further down the M4 to Westmead, which as I’ve said is thoroughly embarrassing for Nepean Blue Mountains Local Health District and State Politicians who have not seen fit to rectify the situation and so unjust for the people of the Penrith region.
Your pursuing a political debate. Your views are for the ballot box not here mate. I get your views but for the most part the overwhelming majority of views support the new stadium and all the positives around it. The current Government has invested millions of dollars In the expansion of services around Nepean Hospital I’m not sure how much more you expect.

Pantherjim.

Referee
It doesn’t alter the fact there is a case for having a new stadium in Western Sydney, in our case Penrith.

Sport in our society is embedded in our culture, it is such an important part of the fabric of our society.
Sorry, I missed this bit. I must have hit “reply” before you’d finished.

Of course there’s a case for having a new stadium, I just think that the club should contribute more to it rather than the poor old taxpayer when so much more important stuff should be built, developed or upgraded in the region first.

Pantherjim.

Referee
Your pursuing a political debate. Your views are for the ballot box not here mate. I get your views but for the most part the overwhelming majority of views support the new stadium and all the positives around it. The current Government has invested millions of dollars In the expansion of services around Nepean Hospital I’m not sure how much more you expect.

And I support the new stadium as well, but I think the club should pony up as much dough as it can for it.

Similarly I was against the knock down/rebuild of the SFS completely at taxpayers expense as well, especially when NSW Labor found a way to upgrade the stadium to contemporary standards at 1/3 of the cost of the rebuild.

I also think you’ll also find that at the time, the vast majority thought the same way.

Last edited:

Kilkenny

Coach
And I support the new stadium as well, but I think the club should pony up as much dough as it can for it.

Similarly I was against the knock down/rebuild of the SFS completely at taxpayers expense as well, especially when NSW Labor found a way to upgrade the stadium to contemporary standards at 1/3 of the cost of the rebuild.

I also think you’ll also find that at the time, the vast majority thought the same way.
Again your going down the political line,

Allianz was really in need of refurbishment or total rebuilt.

seriously the decision to rebuild was the correct one.

Pantherjim.

Referee
Again your going down the political line,

Allianz was really in need of refurbishment or total rebuilt.

seriously the decision to rebuild was the correct one.

So what if I’m “going down the political line”?

If the rebuild decision was at the expense of the taxpayer when more important things needed to be built, developed and upgraded, then the SCG Trust (Which Allan Jones was a member of) should have foot the bill for most or at least half of it as opposed to the taxpayer.

That’s not “going down the political line” that’s just basic common sense!

Last edited:

WestyLife

First Grade

There's no reason this has to be an either/or scenario. People hear that money is being spent on something and automatically assume it's being taken from more deserving areas. $300m sounds like a lot but it's really loose change in a government's budget over what would be the next 20 - 50 years before any real money has to be spent on it again.

Black Magik

Juniors
I like the new Townsville stadium. If the Penrith stadium is similar I hope they have the open end at the north end to protect from the southerlies.

Pomoz

Bench
Yup. When you accuse only the Republican side of “terrorism” during the troubles you’re either a Loyalist or a Brit for sure.
Hey, don't bring the Brit's into this argument. Sadly, there was absolutely disgraceful terrorist behaviour by all three sides in "the Troubles". Most Brit's actually understand this, since it all took place either in their country or on their doorstep.

This is too heavy a discussion for a Friday' Lighten up people, the weekend's here!