What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New stadium - 2025

Iamback

Coach
Commbank has minimal width between seats and no leg room.

I'm a tall lanky dude and while the facilities are nice the actual sitting and watching a game of footy was incredibly uncomfortable

If they are designing 2 new stands in the current setup. Penrith will lose it's space it has now

bazza

Immortal
It would depend where the extra 1 million people are moving from.

So it is hard to say but the stadium is meant to service from the Hawkesbury down to Camden.

With the current demographics of that area. You'd get country music singers that would fill it

I am sure there is other stuff that they would prefer out here instead of having that many travel into the CBD for
I think travelling to olympic park or the city for huge events is to be expected - it would be standard in other cities around the world

Iamback

Coach
I think travelling to olympic park or the city for huge events is to be expected - it would be standard in other cities around the world

There will still be needs for huge events. You aren't going to build an Accor or an Allianz size.

But that is the reason the Powerhouse museum is being moved to Parra.

There are several things like that happening to take the pressure off roads and Public Transport in the city

MugaB

Coach
Why even bother? Hundreds of millions of dollars for an extra 3k fans.
Improved seating, roofing and ramps for the disabled, women's change rooms, toilets amenities upgraded, ffs we need an upgrade, especially when it comes to getting that corporate money too, fletcher said we'll get a womens team enter when we have the facilities for them to use

Last edited:

BossleyPanther

Juniors
He said CommBank without the ends, so here it is😜. But in all seriousness shouldn't we see plans by now? I can't see it being built by 2026 kick off.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-12-15-09-27-50-076_com.duckduckgo.mobile.android-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-12-15-09-27-50-076_com.duckduckgo.mobile.android-edit.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 22

Caged Panther

First Grade
He said CommBank without the ends, so here it is😜. But in all seriousness shouldn't we see plans by now? I can't see it being built by 2026 kick off.
Not really given how much stuffing around there was around while The Paceway option was considered and then reconsidered after the state election.

The funding wasn't even approved formally until the state budget in September if I am not mistaken.

They are clearly working on it they were digging up soil samples around the back of the eastern stand when I drove past the other day.

I do have to wonder thought if they are going to do two new stands if the overall footprint of the stadium might shift slightly west and take over some of that training field that is out the back of the western stand. I guess it depends on cost.

murraymob

Coach
It would be nice to get some updates on this soon.
I know it's not a new stadium but its still an exciting project (if designed well) for our club.
Update
I am sitting out front deck chair shovel ready to help going sadly slow.still I am sure Ivan and Matt will come across with an upfront payment of bourbon and a pie for my contract .Waiting waiting

Pomoz

Bench
Update
I am sitting out front deck chair shovel ready to help going sadly slow.still I am sure Ivan and Matt will come across with an upfront payment of bourbon and a pie for my contract .Waiting waiting
Murray, if they don't come, don't take it personally. As one of my girlfriends told me once, "It's not you, its them".......

First image of the proposed stadium upgrade (from the daily telegraph)

I think it looks pretty good, couple of things jump out

1. that looks like a new eastern stand, something which wasn’t being talked about.

2. the southern end looks a bit weird, but thats possibly been sacrificed for the eastern stand?

it would be easy to create a small terrace on the southern end at the future date.

IMG_9891.jpeg

soc123_au

Staff member
First image of the proposed stadium upgrade (from the daily telegraph)

I think it looks pretty good, couple of things jump out

1. that looks like a new eastern stand, something which wasn’t being talked about.

2. the southern end looks a bit weird, but thats possibly been sacrificed for the eastern stand?

it would be easy to create a small terrace on the southern end at the future date.

View attachment 83611
That looks shithouse in comparison to Allianz, Bankwest & The Cows upgrade. Such a shame as we could have gotten something world class.