What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Wa Reds - Logo & Membership

kooriguy

Juniors
i am actually pro expansion and was disapointed when the nrl got rid of teams after super league expanded but still believe we cannot go without a central coast team.. maybe relocation of a sydney club and nz needs another team those kiwis need more then one choice basicly if they dont like the warriors they dont like league really.. i have kiwi mates from wellington that would never suport an auckland based team. but good on the reds if they get in and i say IF just sceptical about the nrl aproving it is all.

Perth Red

Post Whore
nice one brendojet, will be good for the team to have some Sydney based support. I'll be flying over to see a game or two next year hopefully, which would you say would be the best JB club to visit?

Kookiri we are talking about readmission in 2012, by then the NRL will have to be expanding as a National comp or it will face some stark realities and challenges from the other codes.

WA has a great team running the game here and is going about readmission in avery structured and methodical way. We will be ready come 2012 if not before!

brendothejet

First Grade
Perth Red said:
nice one brendojet, will be good for the team to have some Sydney based support. I'll be flying over to see a game or two next year hopefully, which would you say would be the best JB club to visit?

Kookiri we are talking about readmission in 2012, by then the NRL will have to be expanding as a National comp or it will face some stark realities and challenges from the other codes.

WA has a great team running the game here and is going about readmission in avery structured and methodical way. We will be ready come 2012 if not before!

Up until now I would haev said Newtown was the best, but sadly we are out of the JBC.

The Sydney Bulls are a great team so if you want quality football watch that. I know the teams in the west of sydney get decent crowds as well.

Wait for a few weeks of the season and start asking questions in the NSWRL forum about form and venues.

Also might be worth checking out when they are gonna be on the TV game for the week.

dimitri

First Grade
brendothejet said:
Up until now I would haev said Newtown was the best, but sadly we are out of the JBC.

The Sydney Bulls are a great team so if you want quality football watch that. I know the teams in the west of sydney get decent crowds as well.

Wait for a few weeks of the season and start asking questions in the NSWRL forum about form and venues.

Also might be worth checking out when they are gonna be on the TV game for the week.

What games are shown on tv and what channels???

Would be awesome to see the WA Reds back on TV!!!!

Nuke

Staff member
I think ABC in NSW may show Jim Beam Cup games? I may also just be imagining it.
I would hope that when the WA Reds are in the 2008 Jim Beam Cup, some station in WA would show their games. I don't care if it's Ch.9, ABC, SBS, or Access 31!

Perth Red

Post Whore
ABC2 on digital would be good. They currently show Q'land cup games. JB as well would be great!

dimitri said:
i agree

that would be awesome

During the 2006 season Fox Sports 2 televised one JBC game a week plus a highlights package of the other games of the round. I'm hoping this will continue in 2007.
So all you Perthites will have to get Foxtel and hassle them to show the Reds every week!

Four of the JBC clubs are from the Parramatta district (clearly the epicentre of the RL universe ;-) ) so I'm obviously biased but getting out to see any of Wentworthville (historically the most successful club in this level of footy - they also have a very nice old-fashioned white-picket fenced ground), Mounties, Demons or Two-Blues would be clear highlights. ;-)

Otherwise - Windsor Wolves have been getting the largest crowds in the past couple of seasons (their games are broadcast on the local Hawkesbury radio as well) in the competition so getting out to Windsor Sports Complex would be a must if the Reds are playing there.

I haven't been out to Cabramatta to watch a match so I can't comment from personal experience but I've heard they have a decent ground and get reasonable crowds on occassion.

Generally, the crowds at these games depend on whether the JBC game is in sync with a day of Junior football at the ground. Clubs get their biggest crowds when the junior players and their families settle in for a full day at the ground.

You can find a PDF of the 2007 season draw at:
2007 JBC draw

dimitri

First Grade
cumberlandsashes81 said:
During the 2006 season Fox Sports 2 televised one JBC game a week plus a highlights package of the other games of the round. I'm hoping this will continue in 2007.
So all you Perthites will have to get Foxtel and hassle them to show the Reds every week!

Four of the JBC clubs are from the Parramatta district (clearly the epicentre of the RL universe ;-) ) so I'm obviously biased but getting out to see any of Wentworthville (historically the most successful club in this level of footy - they also have a very nice old-fashioned white-picket fenced ground), Mounties, Demons or Two-Blues would be clear highlights. ;-)

Otherwise - Windsor Wolves have been getting the largest crowds in the past couple of seasons (their games are broadcast on the local Hawkesbury radio as well) in the competition so getting out to Windsor Sports Complex would be a must if the Reds are playing there.

I haven't been out to Cabramatta to watch a match so I can't comment from personal experience but I've heard they have a decent ground and get reasonable crowds on occassion.

Generally, the crowds at these games depend on whether the JBC game is in sync with a day of Junior football at the ground. Clubs get their biggest crowds when the junior players and their families settle in for a full day at the ground.

You can find a PDF of the 2007 season draw at:
2007 JBC draw

I think it woul dbe great if the Reds management could organise their games to be played after a host of junior/local league games to try and boost crowd and maybe even membership bumbers.

Also anything they can do to get tv coverage would be awesome.

Nuke

Staff member
I believe at the WA Reds home games, they're gonna have a first-grade match from the WARL as a curtain-raiser every game. Different teams every week. Won't just be South Perth vs. ________ or North Beach vs. ________ every week.

Good move in my opinion.

dimitri

First Grade
Nuke said:
I believe at the WA Reds home games, they're gonna have a first-grade match from the WARL as a curtain-raiser every game. Different teams every week. Won't just be South Perth vs. ________ or North Beach vs. ________ every week.

Good move in my opinion.

I agree - excellent move!

It's important to get everyone involved in WARL to get behind the REDS!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Very good move, means another couple of hours in the bar at MES, bonus!!

Can't wait for next season to kick off, enjoy watching North Beach but never felt like "MY" team. Hopefully the Reds will fill the void!

Anybody any ideas when merchandise is going to be available? Looking forward to walking round in a jazzy Polo shirt and baseball cap with the soon to be famous Red Roo on it!

dimitri

First Grade
Perth Red said:

Can't wait for next season to kick off, enjoy watching North Beach but never felt like "MY" team. Hopefully the Reds will fill the void!

Anybody any ideas when merchandise is going to be available? Looking forward to walking round in a jazzy Polo shirt and baseball cap with the soon to be famous Red Roo on it!

it would have to be very soon - probably about the same time they start sending out members gear

KalgoorlieRed

Juniors
Perth Red said:

Id love to get their very first jersey when its out with the JB Cup logo on, hope the WARL are proactive with merchandise as they havent really done much unless you pester them.

Love the avatar Perth Red. :D

dimitri said:
I think it woul dbe great if the Reds management could organise their games to be played after a host of junior/local league games to try and boost crowd and maybe even membership bumbers.

Also anything they can do to get tv coverage would be awesome.

I think it's a must - brings the Perth RL community together 6 or 7 times a year for each Reds home match. For every junior player playing on the day there will be a family there to support them. It boosts your crowd by 4 or 5 times.

There aren't too many things that JBC clubs do well - but this is one thing that they deserve a pat on the back for (when they actually do it).

If the WARL needs to see a good example of a good JBC club website with an online merchandise shop check out the Windsor Wolves site: http://www.windsorwolves.com.au/

The Wolves have also attracted local radio coverage so it's a pretty tightly run club.

dimitri

First Grade
WA REDS SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS ARE NOW AVAILABLE!!!!!!!!!

I signed up 10 minutes ago!!!!

Check it out it's an awesome package - I can't wait to receive it!!!

I want to go to Perth and see my name on the wall!!!!!!

http://www.warugbyleague.com.au/content/associatemember/#

WARL Jim Beam Cup Team
Associate Foundation Memberships

HELP US MAKE HISTORY!
JOIN US TO LET THE WORLD KNOW PERTH LOVES RUGBY LEAGUE AND WANTS THE GAME TO BE TRULY NATIONAL!
Foundation Membership status for the new Jim Beam Cup Team which will form step one in our quest to reenter the NRL, will only be available in 2007 and will be limited in number.
The WA Reds Committee invites supporters of the game to join us in the foundation year as we begin our drive back into the National Rugby League (NRL) starting with the formation of our Jim Beam Cup team in 2007 to kick off in 2008.
Your support will help build a solid base for the WA Reds in 2008 and beyond and ultimately a WA team in the NRL.
Foundation Membership is available to both individuals and families.
Your support will also provide you with automatic membership to your local WA Rugby League club and part of your membership fee will be distributed to that club to support the local competition.
Be a part of history by entering your details below and becoming a Foundation Member of the new WA Based Jim Beam Cup Team.
Note: All Foundation Members who remain financial will continue as Foundation Members when we re-enter the NRL.

Associate Membership (investment $75)
This membership is for members living outside 200km of the Perth Metro Area
  • Membership of our new WA Jim Beam Cup Club
  • WA Jim Beam Cup Team Foundation Membership polo shirt
  • WA Jim Beam Cup Members card
  • Monthly electronic newsletter
  • Priority Entry into all WARL sponsored prize competition *
  • Name inscribed on the historic Rugby League Foundation Member Wall at Members Equity Stadium
* Price of entry not included

Click here to purchase a membership using our Secure Membership Form

KalgoorlieRed

Juniors
dimitri said:
WA REDS SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIPS ARE NOW AVAILABLE!!!!!!!!!

I signed up 10 minutes ago!!!!

Check it out it's an awesome package - I can't wait to receive it!!!

I want to go to Perth and see my name on the wall!!!!!!

http://www.warugbyleague.com.au/content/associatemember/#

WARL Jim Beam Cup Team
Associate Foundation Memberships
HELP US MAKE HISTORY!
JOIN US TO LET THE WORLD KNOW PERTH LOVES RUGBY LEAGUE AND WANTS THE GAME TO BE TRULY NATIONAL!
Foundation Membership status for the new Jim Beam Cup Team which will form step one in our quest to reenter the NRL, will only be available in 2007 and will be limited in number.
The WA Reds Committee invites supporters of the game to join us in the foundation year as we begin our drive back into the National Rugby League (NRL) starting with the formation of our Jim Beam Cup team in 2007 to kick off in 2008.
Your support will help build a solid base for the WA Reds in 2008 and beyond and ultimately a WA team in the NRL.
Foundation Membership is available to both individuals and families.
Your support will also provide you with automatic membership to your local WA Rugby League club and part of your membership fee will be distributed to that club to support the local competition.
Be a part of history by entering your details below and becoming a Foundation Member of the new WA Based Jim Beam Cup Team.
Note: All Foundation Members who remain financial will continue as Foundation Members when we re-enter the NRL.

Associate Membership (investment $75)
This membership is for members living outside 200km of the Perth Metro Area
  • Membership of our new WA Jim Beam Cup Club
  • WA Jim Beam Cup Team Foundation Membership polo shirt
  • WA Jim Beam Cup Members card
  • Monthly electronic newsletter
  • Priority Entry into all WARL sponsored prize competition *
  • Name inscribed on the historic Rugby League Foundation Member Wall at Members Equity Stadium
* Price of entry not included

Click here to purchase a membership using our Secure Membership Form

Sounds like really good value so have also just signed up!

C'mon fellow NRL supports get supporting the game in the west and make NRL truly NATIONAL!

aarondoyle

Juniors
KalgoorlieRed said:
Sounds like really good value so have also just signed up!

C'mon fellow NRL supports get supporting the game in the west and make NRL truly NATIONAL!

I'm signing up. Anyone who's pro expansion should be jumping on this asap.