What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Zealand 2 will deal a massive blow to NZ rugby

Wb1234

Immortal
On these points.
1. I think is a fair call. Unless there is competition for Sky its unlikely they will choose to up their deal, second team or not
2. Theres no doubt Australian tv would prefer an Australian club for more Australian audience. Having said that the value is the ninth game content and if we get competitive bidding so I dont think Australian Tv will be dictating where club 18 is
3. No arguing that there isnt currently any interested bidding groups publicly come forward. Thats not to say if NRL opened up to a NZ bid there wouldnt be some come out of the woodwork. At the very least we know the Bears would bid for a NZ license.
4. I dont think we can judge that, corporates dont jump on board publicly until theres something certain to jump on board
5. This is true, no ARL Commissioner or Adbo has said that NZ is in the running for another license.
Nz people like quality rugby

Perth people like afl

they are not the same

Wb1234

Immortal
Had loads of conversations about League in nz and big audiences for Origin and Warriors at pubs.
Never had any such experience in Perth, not even remotely.
If it were up to me I would add in nz2 over Perth

I don’t think Perth is crucial for the nrl but I believe they will be team 19 so nz best bet is team 20

Wb1234

Immortal
Nz over Perth

1. juniors
2. Tv deal.
3. international competition
4. Population
5. Established rugby market
6 super rugby struggling vs the richest afl clubs in Australia in wa

Te Kaha

First Grade
Had loads of conversations about League in nz and big audiences for Origin and Warriors at pubs.
Never had any such experience in Perth, not even remotely.

And yet you neglected to go and visit even 1 single League club to see how the game is really going... that is telling in itself.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Nz over Perth

1. juniors
2. Tv deal.
3. international competition
4. Population
5. Established rugby market
6 super rugby struggling vs the richest afl clubs in Australia in wa
If you wan to play compare the options:

1. Yep, though with over 3000 jnrs its not like WA is a desolate land of RL. There are more Rl clubs in WA than in Christchurch
2. Nope, like I said location will not determine TV value to any great extent. 95% of TV deal is with Australian TV, they will prefer an Australian club. Warriors draw very poorly in Australia.
3. Yep, though that wont be on the minds of the ARLC
4. Nope. Perth pop over 2 million and growing. Wellington or christchurch not even close
5. Established Rugby UNION market.
6. More money in Perth, a lot more

I'd add
7. Christchurch has a better stadium
8. Perth has greater corporate support
9. Both help with TV time slots though Perth adds a better new time slot option for game9
10. WA has Govt support, no NZ support at a political funding level for NZ2
11. No opposition to next club being Perth, Warriors will fight against NZ2

MugaB

Coach
On these points.
1. I think is a fair call. Unless there is competition for Sky its unlikely they will choose to up their deal, second team or not
2. Theres no doubt Australian tv would prefer an Australian club for more Australian audience. Having said that the value is the ninth game content and if we get competitive bidding so I dont think Australian Tv will be dictating where club 18 is
3. No arguing that there isnt currently any interested bidding groups publicly come forward. Thats not to say if NRL opened up to a NZ bid there wouldnt be some come out of the woodwork. At the very least we know the Bears would bid for a NZ license.
4. I dont think we can judge that, corporates dont jump on board publicly until theres something certain to jump on board
5. This is true, no ARL Commissioner or Adbo has said that NZ is in the running for another license.
Did you just quote youself then reply to it???
Echo chamber indeed

Gobsmacked

Bench

1. Yep, though with over 3000 jnrs its not like WA is a desolate land of RL. There are more Rl clubs in WA than in Christchurch
2. Nope, like I said location will not determine TV value to any great extent. 95% of TV deal is with Australian TV, they will prefer an Australian club. Warriors draw very poorly in Australia.
4. Nope. Perth pop over 2 million and growing. Wellington or christchurch not even close

I'd add
9. Both help with TV time slots though Perth adds a better new time slot option for game9
Seems like you're getting anxious

MugaB

Coach
Seems like you're getting anxious
After 350 fkn pages, seems like you realy want another nz franchise... yay.. can we bin this thread now... the boring back and forth with nonsence over dick comparisons is ruining the expansion threads, i see a "new" expansion title on the forum only to be let down by this thread being commented on...
Carry on morons....

Perth Red

Post Whore
It had your name on that quote, seemed like you were in rainman mode or something
I was using previous post I had made quoting him lol
Not quite into talking in the third person yet, though some of the conversations on here make me wonder!

MugaB

Coach
I was using previous post I had made quoting him lol
Not quite into talking in the third person yet, though some of the conversations on here make me wonder!
Waiting on a 2nd Perth franchise will do that, you should see the Bears supporters

Te Kaha

First Grade
If people like you are running the game over there, I already know it's shit. That's where the NRL come in.

Which once again illustrates you don't care one single iota about Rugby League in NZ.

All you care about is your imaginary code war. You would quite happily kill of the game in the regions in the idiotic belief that it will "deal massive damage to NZ Rugby".

You're truly a pathetic individual.

Gobsmacked

Bench
Which once again illustrates you don't care one single iota about Rugby League in NZ.

All you care about is your imaginary code war. You would quite happily kill of the game in the regions in the idiotic belief that it will "deal massive damage to NZ Rugby".

You're truly a pathetic individual.
Got dam chat bot, you already did this post like 15 times. AI my arse

Wb1234

Immortal

I'd add
Established rugby market

kiwis don’t discriminate

kiwi tv means nz is valuable for tv whilst Perth isn’t

and if it’s christchurch they beat you on ground too

juniors half the nrl is kiwi or islander
Perth has produced under ten nrl players in 30 yrs

Perth Red

Post Whore
Established rugby market

kiwis don’t discriminate

kiwi tv means nz is valuable for tv whilst Perth isn’t

and if it’s christchurch they beat you on ground too

juniors half the nrl is kiwi or islander
Perth has produced under ten nrl players in 30 yrs
Established Rugby UNION market

Clearly they do comparing RU v RL in NZ registered players, tv audiences, support of their international sides and revenue raised by the governing bodies

Sky NZ arent paying anything for NZ2. Australian Tv hold over 90% of the tv value

Yep christchurch has a nicer stadium everything else they are way behind us

Most born or grew up in Australia

City with no NRL club, little funding and little RL presence fails to produce players in said sport. Shocking revelation!