What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFL Offseason Rumours and Updates

abpanther

Staff member
apparently its going to be a 15 mil 3 year deal but just 7.5mil guaranteed over 2 years, which is a great deal for us.

I don't think anyone else was offering close to that much

Gonna be sad to see him in another team's colours, a true warrior and did so well during some horrible times, I hope he can win a ring before he retires

abpanther

Staff member
I also think Maxwell is getting way overpaid, he's a nice corner but he's a product of that system and no way he's worth $10m/year

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss 2m2 minutes ago
Devin McCourty contract terms with Patriots, per source: 5 years, $47.5 million, including $28.5 million in total guarantees.

Mhartew

Juniors
Also early word is LB Sean Weatherspoon will sign a 1 year deal with the Cards.

Ryan Mallett to re-sign in Houston.

Eagles are one of the teams rumoured in trade talks for Kaepernick

nick87

Coach
Im fine with the proposed Maxwell deal, it's big but he's a very good corner playing in man coverage and that's what we do.

McCourty re-signing and Maclin leaving is a horrendous double blow for the eagles, who are they going to spend all this f**king cap space on? Christ, this could be a giant f**king shit show. Now rumors we are in for Kaepernick? Jesus

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Chip knows what he is doing, they will get it sorted, maclin moving on is a blow, but the team will be fine.

1. Maxwell ( Over paid ) would rather Culliver or Cox for you.
2. Gore

Then get, Branch, Worilds, Orakpo, Hardy, Harvin and A vet like Wayne or Johnson to help Matthews

Draft Jalen or Landon, DGB or Devin Smith in the 2nd,

shiznit

Coach
My god this is driving me insane....

All these free agents are going and we have all this cap space that we have to spend... And we haven't even put our hat into the ring with anyone....

I need to chill the f**k out because it's still 2 days before anything can be done...

But f**k me this is already turning out to be another typical Raiders clusterf**k...

nick87

Coach
Chip knows what he is doing, they will get it sorted, maclin moving on is a blow, but the team will be fine.

1. Maxwell ( Over paid ) would rather Culliver or Cox for you.
2. Gore

Then get, Branch, Worilds, Orakpo, Hardy, Harvin and A vet like Wayne or Johnson to help Matthews

Draft Jalen or Landon, DGB or Devin Smith in the 2nd,

Hardy and Harvin arent "Chip" type of guys. But i would love to kick the tyres on Harvin.

We've got Maxwell and Gore locked in apparently. I'd like to get Culliver or Tramon Williams to pair with him. Now that McCourty is off the board, id like to get Rahim Moore now to partner with Jenkins.

In a perfect world from here (assuming we arent trading the house for Mariota):

Culliver CB, Moore SS, Worilds OLB, a guard and a vet WR... from there, we'll have holes plugged on defense. Take a S or CB in round 1 and let Chip spend the rest of the picks however he pleases on Offense to mould it how he wants it

Tom155

Coach
My god this is driving me insane....

All these free agents are going and we have all this cap space that we have to spend... And we haven't even put our hat into the ring with anyone....

I need to chill the f**k out because it's still 2 days before anything can be done...

But f**k me this is already turning out to be another typical Raiders clusterf**k...

You have signed Rodney Hudson from KC for nearly 9 mill a year for 5 years

that's a lot imo for a C

Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora · 15m 15 minutes ago
Rodney Hudson is going to Oakland. $44.5M on a 5 year deal. Someone taking the Raiders' money.

shiznit

Coach
You have signed Rodney Hudson from KC for nearly 9 mill a year for 5 years

that's a lot imo for a C

Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora · 15m 15 minutes ago
Rodney Hudson is going to Oakland. $44.5M on a 5 year deal. Someone taking the Raiders' money.
It's definitely an upgrade on the Wis but yeah that's well over I think....

As crazy as it sounds it doesn't really matter what we pay as long as we front load it.... Whatever we don't spend on the cap in the next 2 seasons gets split up between the rest of the roster as per the CBA.

So it's better to overspend on upgrades to your roster than it is to pay the current roster who you already have contracted more money...

Only the f**king Raiders would have this stupid ass problem...

legend

Coach
Yep. Willis to retire tomorrow. Massive loss for the niners. Could be a transition year in a tough division.

Denver looking to be very quiet this year and I'm now worried Virgil Green will follow JT out the door and leave the cupboard bare at TE.

Latest posts