What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFT - best and worst thing about your day so far 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

~bedsy~

First Grade
BEST: The Knights are through to week one, ans I got the shirt, and my credit card has dropped drematicly thanks to my parents.

WORST: My back is still so sore. I can't stand up too long, I can't sit down too long. It's worse in the mornings when I get out of bed. It's some sort of muscel thing in my shoulders and neck.

northey

First Grade
BEST: had a great catch up with a few friends (that i went to school with) this morning

WORST
: at uni until 6:30, so i won't get home till 9 :(

garden fairy

Juniors
~bedsy~ said:
WORST: My back is still so sore. I can't stand up too long, I can't sit down too long. It's worse in the mornings when I get out of bed. It's some sort of muscel thing in my shoulders and neck.

Bedsy, have you been to a physio? I've had the same problems over and over again, eventually getting to the point where I could hardly walk. It turned out that the muscle spasms were actually covering a bigger problem - bulging discs in my spine.

A few things to relieve the spasm a bit - hot water bottles help the muscles to expand a bit and stop the spasm. There's also a natural rub-on gel similar to Deep Heat/Dencorub called Perskindol - its all natural ingredients, and works a million times better than Deep Heat/Dencorub. I think you can get it from health food shops/physios, and possibly online. Also, get a firm tennis ball and stand up against a wall, and rub it in the areas that are sore - it works to break down the spasm - a form of self massage.

Stranger

Coach
Best : Not really sure, days nearly over?

Worst : Mate got hit by a bus and i have no idea how he is. Its 10 years to the day since my pop died :( and im not going to the footy on sat.

~bedsy~

First Grade
garden fairy said:
Bedsy, have you been to a physio? I've had the same problems over and over again, eventually getting to the point where I could hardly walk. It turned out that the muscle spasms were actually covering a bigger problem - bulging discs in my spine.

A few things to relieve the spasm a bit - hot water bottles help the muscles to expand a bit and stop the spasm. There's also a natural rub-on gel similar to Deep Heat/Dencorub called Perskindol - its all natural ingredients, and works a million times better than Deep Heat/Dencorub. I think you can get it from health food shops/physios, and possibly online. Also, get a firm tennis ball and stand up against a wall, and rub it in the areas that are sore - it works to break down the spasm - a form of self massage.
No I haven't been a to physo, I was going to go to my doctor at the end of the week if it didn't improve. I have been rubbing deep heat on it about 2 -3 times a day, but it's hard to reach it :lol:
I do have a back probelm, I have some sort of spine thing, can't remeber the name, but my spine is bent like a banana. It could have something to do with that, except the pain is higher up, than where the bend is.
Thanks for the tips though. I'll give it go.

the_knights_rule

First Grade
best: i got a shift at maccas OH MY GOD! but only cos someone gave it to me.

worst: its a late shift and then i have a before school class the next day damm. and trying to put together our yearbook for school but a number of peopel in my year are too lazy to hand in a short questionnaire about themselves which was due 3 months ago grrr so annoying

garden fairy

Juniors
Best: I've been given heaps of work, and a permanent day on Mondays, that will give me some extra money. I'm looking forward to Saturday, because it'll be the first day that I can relax without feeling guilty...no work, no uni work...

Worst: I have a maths exam in about 30 minutes...and I feel so underprepared, even though Matty tutored me, and I've gone over the work a million times. I hate maths. I'm going to be sick :sick:

astrogirl

First Grade
roopy said:
Bedsy - you would be better off with an anti-inflamatory gel such as Voltaren or Oridus gel. They have been available over the counter for a few years now.

http://www.pharmcom.com/voltaren.html
I think there was something on the news about voltaren last night - something about an increase risk of heart attack in older people or people with heart problems I think.

~bedsy~

First Grade
roopy said:
Bedsy - you would be better off with an anti-inflamatory gel such as Voltaren or Oridus gel. They have been available over the counter for a few years now.

http://www.pharmcom.com/voltaren.html
BEST: I went to the chiropractor yesterday and he cracked my back a couple of times... It's a really wierd feeling, it wasn't painful, it actually felt really good. Anyway, he said the muscle was spasming to help heal my shoulder, not sure when he said poped out of place. But yeah, now that he fixed it they should relax more as the blood flow comes back. I feel much better today, it's still abit sore, but I can actually move my head around now.
roopy, my mum uses voltaren too, I didn't think of getting that.

WORST: bedsy's bloody tackle and that his not playing in the finals.

~bedsy~

First Grade
astrogirl said:
I think there was something on the news about voltaren last night - something about an increase risk of heart attack in older people or people with heart problems I think.
I have heart disease and it's never caused me any problems.

roopy

Referee
astrogirl said:
It's a bit of a worry.
All that class of drugs - Vioxx, etc etc are all being found to affect the heart.
Half the country are now taking Nurofen instead of paracetomol for headaches - and you have to wonder if it will soon be found to affect the heart.

Having said that - we were talking about voltaren gel - which should be a lot safer than voltaren tablets - as the gel should only act on the area where you apply in - while the tablets go all through your system.

stevo

Juniors
~bedsy~ said:
BEST: I went to the chiropractor yesterday and he cracked my back a couple of times... It's a really wierd feeling, it wasn't painful, it actually felt really good. Anyway, he said the muscle was spasming to help heal my shoulder, not sure when he said poped out of place. But yeah, now that he fixed it they should relax more as the blood flow comes back. I feel much better today, it's still abit sore, but I can actually move my head around now.
roopy, my mum uses voltaren too, I didn't think of getting that.

WORST: bedsy's bloody tackle and that his not playing in the finals.

I love my monthly visit to the chiro. I also ways leave feeling better then how i arrived. My back is heaps better now and it's getting straighter too! I used to get a fair few headaches but not anymore. i do get a few. Every now and then i'll get a bad one that will last a few days but i just go to the chiro and he adjusts my neck and the head ache disappears straight away. It's a awsome feeling.

astrogirl

First Grade
roopy said:
It's a bit of a worry.
All that class of drugs - Vioxx, etc etc are all being found to affect the heart.
Half the country are now taking Nurofen instead of paracetomol for headaches - and you have to wonder if it will soon be found to affect the heart.

Having said that - we were talking about voltaren gel - which should be a lot safer than voltaren tablets - as the gel should only act on the area where you apply in - while the tablets go all through your system.
OK, that all sounds ok. I just thought it was worth mentioning, just in case :D

~bedsy~

First Grade
stevo said:
I love my monthly visit to the chiro. I also ways leave feeling better then how i arrived. My back is heaps better now and it's getting straighter too! I used to get a fair few headaches but not anymore. i do get a few. Every now and then i'll get a bad one that will last a few days but i just go to the chiro and he adjusts my neck and the head ache disappears straight away. It's a awsome feeling.
This is the first time i've ever been to a chiro, so it was an interesing thing.
roopy, I have had problems with meds effecting my heart such as the fat buster things. I used to get the shakes in my hands.
But I have never had that when taking neurofen or neurofen plus.

northey

First Grade
BEST: the computers worked for me today!!! spent the day showing off my bruise

WORST: got a massive black/purple/blue bruise on the back of my leg, near my knee.

~bedsy~

First Grade
BEST: I went back to the chiro this morning for a 2nd visit, and he had a crack at it. It's a bit sorer after he cracked it, but he seems to think i'm healing great. I still have to go back in about 5 days.
I'm going to the Stadium at 1pm to send off the boys.

WORST: Our health fund only covers bloody hospital and nothing else.

Risa

Bench
Best: It's Friday and it's lunchtime so that means there isn't too long left in the day.

Worst: The payroll temp put in the wrong day that we were to be paid (monthly pay so this is why it's not good!) so our pay wasn't in the bank this morning. It better be in there tomorrow morning!

northey

First Grade
BEST: going guitar shopping tomorrow morning, with my best friend and then she is staying for the weekend

WORST: so tired and have to work tonight, well atleast i don't have to con my boss into letting me go early this week so i can watch the footy

Status
Not open for further replies.