What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFT - Newcastle Knights' F7's Thread

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Mine is also up, although it looks like I stole Matty's idea. But I can say in all seriousness, I was always gonna do a diary type thing. Its easiest for a debut match :lol:

Matty, urs is sen-f**king-sational.

Just had a quick look at yours Paulie... good solid debut mate. It is quite similar to mine, but hopefully that won't cost us too much. Surely each article has to be marked on it's own merits, not those of the article before.

One of the Souths boys (can't remember a name) has posted after Paulie. Unfortunately it's bloody good!

Misanthrope

Staff member
I'll try and do mine tomorrow afternoon after work. Still no freakin' idea what I'll post :lol:

How are yours comig along les and Mags?

les norton

First Grade
Im at around 500 words...I'll be honest, Im struggling with this one.

I will post when i get home at 4pm.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I'll be doing mine after I get home from work. Hopefully Mags is able to get his done tonight, else we'll need a last second submission from someone else.

les norton

First Grade
Mines up.
OMG that one hurt...i had major writers block. Hope its ok guys, 1st article that has been below 700 words. :(

Misanthrope

Staff member
Mine's up, a bit of a rush job, but that's what happens when you leave it late. Matt and JD, I had a little poke at you, hope you don't mind.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Yeh I noticed that Bushie, its all good. I sincerely apologise for my article, with the benefit of hindsight I should hav re-thought something else. I think I might be the F7's version of Greg Smith :lol:

Misanthrope

Staff member
5 on 4 guys, looks like we'll start of 2006 with a victory! That'll certainly be a change from 2005 :lol:

les norton

First Grade
5 in!!

Congrats guys. :D

They only got 4 in...i am feeling a strange sense of *phew*
The pressure is off a little.

Misanthrope

Staff member
80 for mine? Seriously, what a crock of sh*t.

Congrats to les on another top mark, I knew you had it in you. Full credit also to MrC and TJS for great marks, and JD for a solid debut. I thought that the two very, very similar posts would hurt us - but clearly gorilla didn't think so. We're off to a flyer!

antonius

Coach
CWBush said:
80 for mine? Seriously, what a crock of sh*t.

Congrats to les on another top mark, I knew you had it in you. Full credit also to MrC and TJS for great marks, and JD for a solid debut. I thought that the two very, very similar posts would hurt us - but clearly gorilla didn't think so. We're off to a flyer!
Come on Chris, take it on the chin mate, you're better than that. Good game by you guys, congrats on player of the match Kim, well deserved.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Yeah, you're right, I was quite drunk when I got back from Parki's last night. Doesn't mean I'm still not unhappy with the mark. Eighty is a pretty shoddy mark for me (lowest I've had since my first year) and there didn't seem to be any reason given for it.

Ah well, back to the drawing board. I'll just have to write something bigger and better for next time.

Congratulations Knights on a fine win. We thoroughly deserved it and it really was a fantastic first-round effort.

Les, you never cease to amaze me darling. I get the feeling that I am in the presence of a true genius. I love your articles about your little bloke... you have to rare ability to let your love and passion flow from your heart all the way down your arm and onto your keyboard. A beautiful story.

Mags, top stuff mate. You didn't leave anyone in any doubt of your opinion, and that's the way it should be. Well-stated and very, very interesting.

Paulie, you stole my idea you b@stard! No, seriously, great debut mate.

Chris, harde done by mate. I don't know why that article was only worth 80, but I guess that's why I'm not aref. Good stuff anyway... if you posted that article next week it could just as easily have got a 90.

Great start to the year Knights... lets carry the form into round 2!

Jobdog

Live Update Team
84 for me??? What a start :D

Great effort guys and gals, looks like we've hit the ground running. Matty, you stole my idea, not the other way around!!!

Hope I can get a spot in the team at some stage in the near future, I quite enjoyed it.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Guys, for the next round MrCharisma has suggested we 'theme' our entries around the same topic (obviously taking different perspectives). I was toying with the idea of choosing expansion in the NRL. Some could argue for it, some could argue against it etc.

So far I've got myself, MrCharisma, RABK, and Parki keen to play. Who else is up for a run?

les norton

First Grade
I have a big grin on my face and am feeling very warm and fuzzy...
TJS - you actually make me blush. Thanks so much for the kudo's :D

Cheers Guys. This is why I love this team.

We Rock!!

MrCharisma

Bench
Well done crew... i think it was the fact we had three captains that brought out the power within us.

If we're going to do a theme, lets get some ideas happening on the angles we take, so we don't fall into a trap of repetition

Misanthrope

Staff member
If nobody else minds, I want to take a more 'extreme' angle and talk about returning to the days of the twenty team, truly 'national' competition.