What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFT - Newcastle Knights' F7's Thread

Misanthrope

Staff member
How could we get ours to differ? I don't think it would matter if we argued the same point, provided we didn't argue for the exact same teams :lol:

RABK

Referee
Yeh i was going to suggest 4 people put forward a case for 4 new teams (one team each obviously) and the 5th person talks about why expansion as a whole should happen???

Misanthrope

Staff member
Well, does everyone feel comfortable arguing for expansion? Are there any of the team named who are die hard against it?

If we're shot-gunning sides, I'd like to write about why Perth deserve an NRL franchise.

MrCharisma

Bench
Either I write about Central Coast or I'm sitting out this week... I don't give a f**k about any other location, I live there AND Canterbury can't have two teams

RABK

Referee
Lol, i might let him have it...i do believe that NZ (Wellington) is deserving of a second team.

Misanthrope

Staff member
:lol:

Thanks for that, Jamie. I thought Mags might make a good person to argue on account of the Bears since he was so heart-broken when they didn't get the sixteenth franchise.

So, now we need somebody to claim a fourth franchise and somebody to write the article that kicks it all off. They'd preferably post first, so all of our posts didn't need explanations.

MrCharisma

Bench
Anyone outside N.S.W doesn't deserve a team... the Central Coast were screwed by the NRL/ARL and Manly... the team was ours dag nam it in 2000 but nooooo, they wouldn't count Gosford stadium because it wasn't "technically" finished... the paint was friggin drying!

*shakes fist*

Misanthrope

Staff member
Why is it that the Central Coast could have accepted the North Sydney Bears playing there, but couldn't accept the Northern Eagles/Manly Sea Eagles?

On a game related topic, maybe all five of us could select a location and include a brief explanation in the opening paragraph of our post basically explaining something like : With Gold Coast's inclusion in the 2007 NRL season, things seem to be pointing towards a return to the 'glory days' of expansion. In 2010 the NRL are offering another NRL licence to whichever city proves itself worthy" or somesuch.

MrCharisma

Bench
Central Coast accept the Bears because they relocated to the Central Coast. They became the Central Coast Bears... they did HUGE amounts of promotional work around the C.C... especially around Tuggerah Westfields.

The Northern Eagles were never our team, they were a side which played a few games out at Gosford... that's it. They never did any promo work to even try to get the fans on their back. They always focused on getting the franchise back as 'Manly' and did as little as they could to keep the Central Coast fans active and happy.... and this is why we rejected them and neglected to turn up to the games.

I'll shot gun the fourth franchise... Adelaide.

So that gives us:
Mags - Central Coast
Jamie - Wellington
Bushie - Perth, and
Me - Adelaide

All we need is someone to write an introductory article explaining what we are on about. Parki, you keen for that job mate?

Alternatively, we could all introduce our own article in our first paragraph, and our fifth man could argue against expansion... might make an interesting angle.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Parki's coming 'round to our joint today, so MrC and I'll put the hard word on him one way or the other. I'm really excited about the potential of this.

On a different note, the following people still need to answer the profile questions for the website:
Jobdog
thuganomics
cram
Skeptic (I know you've changed your name)
Hutty1986
Parki
GC_Gladiator

MrCharisma

Bench
The_Joey_Show said:
All we need is someone to write an introductory article explaining what we are on about. Parki, you keen for that job mate?

Alternatively, we could all introduce our own article in our first paragraph, and our fifth man could argue against expansion... might make an interesting angle.

I really like that idea

Mark is cynical and hates everything so he'd be perfect for the job

Misanthrope

Staff member
So, can we get three reserves? By the sounds of it everyone is keen and committed to write, but I don't want to name anybody who isn't keen to have a run if we do need a sub.

So how are we going with our articles guys. We need a big effort this week with our 'Joey' not playing... I'll be buggered if I'm gonna let other F7ers say that we can't win without Les!

I'll be honest, I'm struggling with mine. I'm finding it really hard to write a convincing piece about something that I don't really believe. But I'm getting there, it IS coming together now, and it will definitely be up on time.

Remember, game finishes wednesday night.

Parki

Bench
yeah, tbh id totally forgotten about it.... ill write that and my report about the warriors (freaken difficult thats going to be) tonight

Latest posts