What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NFT - Newcastle Knights' F7's Thread

Misanthrope

Staff member
Chris Columbo has come through with his debut post, and MrC and TJS have both assured me theirs will be up. We're on our way to a good old fashioned 5 v 5.

Mine's up. My article, that is. :lol:

Btw, had a look at the rest of the team's efforts (again, your articles) and was real impressed. Two big effort from debutantes, and another great read from the fearless leader.

Hey Knights,

Don't get excited... we are still awaiting our result. I was just wondering if any of you had read through the articles in the first game for the "Covell Brigade"? Christ some of them are sad b@stards.

They're captained by BBSF, which says a bit about them to start with. I think four of their five articles mention Luke Covell in some way, so they are gonna run out of writing material real soon. One of their articles in only 500 words, and another one doesn't have the word count stated but it couldn't be more than 350.

They also spruike about having Covellz_girl on their side, proclaiming her to be THE FIRST EVER FEMALE FORUM SEVENS PLAYER!!! I'm sure you'd be surprised to hear that hey Les?

God I hope we play them next week.

les norton

First Grade
Chris....I just saw your nomination!!

Cheers...im very humbled. Thanks a bunch.
Its such an honour playing with you guys...:D

Misanthrope

Staff member
Holy crap, guys! We just annhilated the Warriors 455 to 415, with what can only be described as one of the best team performances you'll ever see. Four of our five articles score 90 or above, with the one outside of that landing an equally impressive 89! It just shows how damn talented a lineup we've got.

Congratulations to GC Gladiator and Chris Columbo on outstanding debuts.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Speaking of which, the next game should kick off tonight. We're hosting the Chuck Norris Death Ninjas (yes, that's their name) for a place in the final. Who wants a run?

1: chriswalkerbush (c)
2: The_Joey_Show (vc)
3: les norton
4: Chris Columbo
5:

6: MrCharisma
7:
8:

les norton

First Grade
Excellent effort guys!!!!

Sooooooooooo proud!!!! :D

Im up if you need me. (if you dont thats cool too, maybe a reserve...:D)

Hutty1986

Immortal
:) Ahhh i've finally found our forum!

Best of luck on the next game

Is there any actual team logo made up yet so i can put it in my sig?

Cheers

Misanthrope

Staff member
Updated. Who else wants a run?

BTW, Hutty, we had somebody working on signature banners but he's gone AWOL. Anyone else with some graphical expertise feel like giving it a go? I'm looking in RABK's direction.

les norton

First Grade
OK so heres my dilemna....(apart from the fact that im sure i spelt that wrong...)

I have what I think, well its shaping up to be a good article ....i thinks to myself.
How important is the pvp? Should i write another one as well and save what i think is a good for the regualr season...

RABK

Referee
chriswalkerbush said:
Updated. Who else wants a run?

BTW, Hutty, we had somebody working on signature banners but he's gone AWOL. Anyone else with some graphical expertise feel like giving it a go? I'm looking in RABK's direction.

Just read this, i'm onto it.

Misanthrope

Staff member
How important is the pvp? Should i write another one as well and save what i think is a good for the regualr season...

Yeah, I thought the same after I wrote my Off Season piece. It would have scored very high (I think) under a referee like Dread - who adores comic stuff.

That said, the PVP shield is a nice piece of silverware (would be our first), so there's no use holding back. We'd feel like prize dicks if we threw it away and then didn't win the comp in F7's next year.

Of course, we could win both...

I reckon you should submit it in this game Les. It's important to play your aces in every game... that's what made us great last year (regardless of our table position). And, as CWB said, a win in the PvP would be great as our trophy cabinet has a very 'Cronulla' look about it at the moment! It'd also be a good way to christen our new name.

Apart from that fact, you are an bottomless pool of wonderful articles... no need for you to be preparing for a dry spell on the ideas front!

MrCharisma

Bench
Mr Reliable (me) will bench it if you like.... if you struggle to find a starting member before submitting the team, push me up...

les norton

First Grade
Ahhh crap....now what if its not that good. I'm going to look like a tosser because i said i liked it...

Its a lose lose situation. ;-)

Latest posts