What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nicho A Lifetime Shark

“One of my values in life is being loyal and my loyalty is Cronulla.”

As in- keeping your word and following it up with your actions ... Absolutely a RARE attribute in 2023 . Imagine all the lawyers , agents ,managers etc that would be out of jobs if all players AND clubs thought and acted this way.

coolumsharkie

Referee
We've had 3 wins in a row with quite a few out over that period. Winning ugly is synonymous with successfully blooding players that won't be deers in headlights if we need to use them. Nicho needs 2 runs before semis, litmus test for him imo. If he doesn't come back on fire, I have serious doubt over his role in the side. Million dollar duds cruel many seasons. With AFB coming next year on serious coin, squad getting older, having families etc. I hope we haven't thrown the baby out with the bathwater here.

ragzouken

Juniors
We've had 3 wins in a row with quite a few out over that period. Winning ugly is synonymous with successfully blooding players that won't be deers in headlights if we need to use them. Nicho needs 2 runs before semis, litmus test for him imo. If he doesn't come back on fire, I have serious doubt over his role in the side. Million dollar duds cruel many seasons. With AFB coming next year on serious coin, squad getting older, having families etc. I hope we haven't thrown the baby out with the bathwater here.
Cap goes up every year rather him then ponga and hunt you gotta pay big bucks for halves(or pretend ones) he has improved year on year.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Cap goes up every year rather him then ponga and hunt you gotta pay big bucks for halves(or pretend ones) he has improved year on year.
I dont agree he has improved year on year. Tends to get the yips, has moments of good and bad form. Good point on the other but I reckon we'll see in the next few weeks. Pressure will be on (again) All media eyes on Nicho, champions deliver.

ragzouken

Juniors
I dont agree he has improved year on year. Tends to get the yips, has moments of good and bad form. Good point on the other but I reckon we'll see in the next few weeks. Pressure will be on (again) All media eyes on Nicho, champions deliver.
He couldn’t tackle last year was his biggest mark and before he was injured defended well, he struggles under pressure maybe, but at the same time he has a bigger lense on him, people want him to fail, he missed a kick from the sideline and missed a drop goal after playing 12v13. Tough. Abit erratic at time but is always in the game so that’s what ya get, we won’t get salary cap pressure because we are not like Newcastle where we sign everyone for the same year, have faith in regards to the cap we cheated it once so I’m sure we know the game

fizman

Bench
He doesn't have that DNA in him, James Maloney could make a horrible error but as was the case so many times in his career he simply forgot the error and moved onto the next play - in many instances the match winning play.

Nicho stews on his errors, the body language changes and it has a direct negative impact on his team mates and a positive impact on the opposition. Emotional confidence players don't win you Premierships, however, structured, process driven, repetition players do.

ragzouken

Juniors
He doesn't have that DNA in him, James Maloney could make a horrible error but as was the case so many times in his career he simply forgot the error and moved onto the next play - in many instances the match winning play.

Nicho stews on his errors, the body language changes and it has a direct negative impact on his team mates and a positive impact on the opposition. Emotional confidence players don't win you Premierships, however, structured, process driven, repetition players do.
Yep good point nicho is a new age man and he is too sensitive at the moment to become a winner like jimmy, maybe it changes though he is old but also only a couple of year into a professional career and also going from a fringe player to a star could be too much but who knows

sladden road

Juniors
It’s all about the cap.
On big coin, reportedly, 1.25 million to 1.2/3 in the next few years plus ratchets. Nico needs to perform i the next two years including this one.
AFB will be on a million.

Don’t be fooled that the cap is almost the biggest factor in the game.
Nico needs to own the BIG moments immediately from
the moment he comes back this year.

I love him as a fella and a player but he needs to win.
Otherwise send him to the another team, we chip in 400 k and throw it all in on Tricky and Ale.
THIS is the call that will make or break Skelators career.
His loyalty to Nico and his belief in him taking us to a premiership.

I am really sorry to say, but I don’t believe it.

whongives a f**k about dropping a winger for a match. That not being a coach.
We won’twin a finals match this year which, to be frank , we have less than 30 percent chance.
1st game Melbourne on fire in Melbourne then into red hot dogs.. lols.
TaBWB glasses off and get real.

we are second tier at best
f**k

Nico has been average at best since origin.

think origin 1 .
Don’t be stupid .

what would the chin do?

he would come back and kick a 40/20, set up two tries, score one himself and kick a two point field goal.

Nico,
run sideways and be “on ball”.

Again,
If We win the first final. I will delete this account and come back as Engadine heights trail bike club 1972 and, soil this forum.
Snot happening.

Last edited:

DJDL

First Grade
I’m with you, Stakey.
I think the time off will have done him the world of good and I’m tipping him to come back firing.

He improved tremendously over the off season in his defence and game management.

The next step is for him to get on top of the mental side of the game.

One thing’s for sure though, based on recent form, he can’t come back soon enough.

ragzouken

Juniors
It’s all about the cap.
On big coin, reportedly, 1.25 million to 1.2/3 in the next few years plus ratchets. Nico needs to perform i the next two years including this one.
AFB will be on a million.

Don’t be fooled that the cap is almost the biggest factor in the game.
Nico needs to own the BIG moments immediately from
the moment he comes back this year.

I love him as a fella and a player but he needs to win.
Otherwise send him to the another team, we chip in 400 k and throw it all in on Tricky and Ale.
THIS is the call that will make or break Skelators career.
His loyalty to Nico and his belief in him taking us to a premiership.

I am really sorry to say, but I don’t believe it.

whongives a f**k about dropping a winger for a match. That not being a coach.
We won’twin a finals match this year which, to be frank , we have less than 30 percent chance.
1st game Melbourne on fire in Melbourne then into red hot dogs.. lols.
TaBWB glasses off and get real.

we are second tier at best
f**k

Nico has been average at best since origin.

think origin 1 .
Don’t be stupid .

what would the chin do?

he would come back and kick a 40/20, set up two tries, score one himself and kick a two point field goal.

Nico,
run sideways and be “on ball”.

Again,
If We win the first final. I will delete this account and come back as Engadine heights trail bike club 1972 and, soil this forum.
Snot happening.
I know all these things but at the same time we held top four all year we could be managing just doing enough to mean we been there a couple of years why not cruise.
new to this spent the last 10 years making finals missed it once because of cheekiness

also have a lot of history of better positions then this and bottling it.

1 from 5 is the standard when running into the finals for us to be frank.

we haven’t had our star since origin but have kept our head above water (culture?))(lol))

f**k know where we stand but our vets have started to click it up a gear, nikora has shown his ballplaying for example

Most of me says we are f**ked but a lil bit has hope, we haven’t run the slingshot all year we have played reserved and a tough gritty defence first (we’re like third in that) at the same time
Top 3 attack while missing both starting halves most of the year

Maybe

we lack a merkin though

Chimp

Bench
Just on the whole missed drop kick, Matt Burton missed 3 or 4 in 1 game, but the other team were equally as useless and he finally landed one. Nobody went on about him having the yips, yet if the other team had slotted one of theirs the Doggies would have lost, having missed multiple attempts, yet not a mention of that from the media lot.
The media like to build blokes up and then beat them back down, creating their own stories effectively. Nicho is cannon fodder to them, because he’s shown he has a sensitive side, so the noise will get to him, which then creates another story. He just needs a more selfish ‘f**k em’ attitude.

sladden road

Juniors
I’m with you, Stakey.
I think the time off will have done him the world of good and I’m tipping him to come back firing.

He improved tremendously over the off season in his defence and game management.

The next step is for him to get on top of the mental side of the game.

One thing’s for sure though, based on recent form, he can’t come back soon enough.
Form wise we doing ok. 3/3 since south’s.
Directions. Wise we are doing very poor.
But, is Nico the man. I’m just not sure.

I can’t get out of my mind origin 1.

please prove me wrong and make me return as ..Yarrawarah Windmill Chinese restaurant 1980s.

that was some fly shit.

dinghydi

Juniors
Yes, results against lesser opposition can really paper over some issues.

Yeah that’s the one caveat on everything I said.
I’m hoping it’s all forgotten.
Nicho needs to learn from Maloney. I wonder if he has a helmet ? That could be the problem . Might also explain BHU form .