What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Now Gower's being accused of sexual harrassment

gunnamatta bay

Referee
However, the reluctance of Tatum Pearce and her father to take further action, including making a police report, is behind a push to save Gower's captaincy.

He is a lucky boy. He would be up for a criminal charge otherwise.

Big Mick

Referee
Funny that most of the allegations have been proven incorrect aside from the unwitnessed "groping".

I love it how Dawn has all this to say and all she heard was from Second Hand talk. Its like one of us going on the news and saying that bullsh*t because we read it in the papers.

gaterooze

Bench
I'm fine with $100k and stripping the captaincy for his drunken grope. It'll send the strongest message yet that this bollocks just isn't on.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Last week, he issued a statement that said:"With regard to an incident at Twin Waters last Monday, December 19, to the extent that I have caused the Pearce family any discomfort, I unreservedly apologise."

Discomfort? He indecently assaults Wayne Pearce's 18 year old Daughter and physically threatens his Son with a bottle. Both actions could carry criminal charges. Discomfort?

bluesbreaker

Bench
I can't believe he's only going to get a fine for what he did. He should be looking at prison. Have some guts Pearce, either lay a charge or break his face.

innsaneink

Referee
Pantherjim. said:
F*cking idiot!

Show me where I have suggested for one single solitary instance that Craig Gower is innocent?!

All I'm saying is that NOTHING HAS BEEN SUBSTANTIATED AGAINST HIM and that SUGGESTING APPROPRIATE PUNISHMENTS FOR HIM IS STUPID AND PREMATURE.

Get it Thicko? Or do you want me to grab a copy of the English to Imbecile dictionary and translate for you?

F*ck Me! :roll:

As I said Jim....your club was already suggesting possible punishments....have been for the last week or more....I guess theyre stupid and premature also...f**king idiots.

As for my calls for him to at least cop a crim record.....well I think most that are accused of something as sick as gabbing a schoolgirl on the pussy would quite gladly accept a probation and record in place of a custodial sentence.

People can hide behind legalitys etc for only so long....theres the law and theres reality.....while reality is sometimes a bit blurry....its usually a lot more relevant, reliable and conclusive compared to the law.

Big Mick

Referee
bluesbreaker said:
I can't believe he's only going to get a fine for what he did. He should be looking at prison. Have some guts Pearce, either lay a charge or break his face.

Well seeing as you were there as you know so much about it....why don't you put your testimony to the police.

Seeing as there were no witnesses and only the Girls word against Gower, no jury in the country would convict him or give him a criminal record.

All there is, is second hand testimony from Dawn Fraser, who lets face it, isn't the most "credible" person.

I'm happy enough with a $75,000-$100,000 fine and the losing of captaincy maybe for bringing the club and game into disrepute.

lemon rabbit

Juniors
Lets not burn Gower at the stake here.

It's clear from what the actual golf club has said - specifically the part about him being welcome back at any time - that most of the incidents have been blown out of proportion by the media.

And the biggest incident - the alleged sexual groping - happened where there was no witnesses, and the complainent is unwilling to make police statements.

I'm not going to sit here and defend Gower - but maybe, just maybe, he didn't do anything to her. I'm in no position to say she's lying - but nor am I, or is anyone here, in a position to confirm she isn't.

Pantherjim.

Referee
lemon rabbit said:

It's clear from what the actual golf club has said - specifically the part about him being welcome back at any time - that most of the incidents have been blown out of proportion by the media.

And the biggest incident - the alleged sexual groping - happened where there was no witnesses, and the complainent is unwilling to make police statements.

I'm not going to sit here and defend Gower - but maybe, just maybe, he didn't do anything to her. I'm in no position to say she's lying - but nor am I, or is anyone here, in a position to confirm she isn't.

:clap: One of the most sensible posts so far!

The Colonel

Immortal
lemon rabbit said:

While what your saying is right, Dane Tilse wasn't afforded the same latitude. The victim didn't pursue charges despite making a statement to the police and he had his contract torn up. Just because they are unwilling to pursue it further doesn't mean that he shouldn't cop the same punishment that Tilse will. The problem is Gower is too high profile for the Panthers and the NRL to take this stance.

The Colonel

Immortal
Gower captaincy not guaranteed
By Laine Clark
January 3, 2006

PENRITH chairman Barry Walsh says the NRL club's board has not ruled out stripping Craig Gower of the captaincy for his behaviour at a Sunshine Coast charity event despite a report to the contrary.

Gower will front the Panthers board tomorrow after the club's hierarchy found the Australia halfback had a "case to answer" over a report on his appearance at the Jack Newton Charity Golf Classic at Twin Waters resort a fortnight ago.

Panthers chief executive Glenn Matthews confirmed Gower faced a fine of up to a quarter of his annual salary - around $100,000 - and suspension.

But Walsh today said a Sydney newspaper report that stated the board wanted Gower to retain his captaincy because he had publicly apologised was not true.

"None of this is correct," Walsh said in a statement.

Gower had said he can't remember the incidents but last week "unreservedly" apologised to the family of rugby league legend Wayne Pearce.

Gower was accused of groping Pearce's 18-year-old daughter Tatum and chasing his 17-year-old son Mitchell around a table with a bottle at a charity event dinner.

Walsh said the club had not yet discussed possible penalties and confirmed removing Gower from the captaincy was still an option.

"The board held a meeting last week at which it was decided that Craig Gower had a case to answer," Walsh said.

"As stated in the media release put out at the time, he has been called to a meeting of the board tomorrow at which he will be given the chance to answer the case.
"At no time during our previous meeting did we discuss penalties and nor have we discussed them informally.

He added nobody representing Panthers would make any further statement on the matter until after tomorrow night's meeting.

Matthews said the meeting would start at 4pm (AEDT).

"The board has not discussed anything about penalties. We are just going through the process," he said.

Board member and Penrith premiership halfback Greg Alexander said he had kept in constant contact with a distraught Gower.

"I have spoken to him. He is holding up as well as you could imagine," he said.

"But I can't discuss anything else until the board meeting tomorrow."

Gower was also alleged to have had arguments with several guests, damaged a golf cart, held a butter knife to the throat of a Sydney radio personality and walked naked around the Twin Waters Resort.

The Panthers board called Gower to the meeting after reading Penrith football manager Mick Leary's report on the allegations.

Leary and operations chief Peter Mulholland completed the investigation after visiting the Maroochydore resort that hosted the event and holding interviews with event guests including Dawn Fraser.

NRL chief executive David Gallop said he expected a "full report" over the Gower allegations including Leary's investigation findings.

Gower held his "buck's week" celebrations at the charity event and is due to marry media personality and former cheerleader Amanda Flynn this month.

AAP
http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,17719740-23210,00.html

Danish

Referee
All i'd like to know is why Dawn Frasier thinks its any of her business.

I'm of the opinion Gower didnt do anything remotely serious to Pearce's daughter. I mean come on, if a bloke groped your daughter would you publicly forgive him after a 2 line apology??

However the Knights bloke wasn't afforded any such luxury so i dont see why Gower should be either. A bit like danny Williams and Carl Webb really.

But the most disturbing thing is 2 AFL players have been accused of Sexual Assault in the past month and not a word about it. The Sydney media sure enjoys throwing sh*t on the NRL and ONLY the NRL

It will be a fine..and maybe stripped of captaincy.Penrith are never going to get rid of their halfback.whether the NRL is happy about that?..probably.Dane Tlise was someone nobody had heard about outside of newcastle

Steelers4eva

Juniors
Danish said:

I'm of the opinion Gower didnt do anything remotely serious to Pearce's daughter. I mean come on, if a bloke groped your daughter would you publicly forgive him after a 2 line apology??

However the Knights bloke wasn't afforded any such luxury so i dont see why Gower should be either. A bit like danny Williams and Carl Webb really.

But the most disturbing thing is 2 AFL players have been accused of Sexual Assault in the past month and not a word about it. The Sydney media sure enjoys throwing sh*t on the NRL and ONLY the NRL

Add that to the AFL player in Western Aust who ran amok on the weekend and broke some blokes collarbone at the races. Her has been stood down by his club while the 'investigation' takes place. Harly heard anything about it except a quick blurb on sunrise this morning.

borat

Bench
Danish said:

Arrr. Dawn was first on hand after the incident. Why else do you think she is commenting

Edit - Didn't witness the incident but was first on hand

Danish

Referee
borat said:
Arrr. Dawn witnessed what he did. Why else do you think she is commenting

she also made it her place after the Pearce family accepted Gower's apology to come out and state that its "not good enough". If Pearce and his family think its good enough then she should shut her bloody mouth.

Just an old duck trying to get in the lime light again IMO

You could also have a read up about her antics at the olympic villiages. she's no angel herself

Latest posts