What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Finals 2023

I think that’s what whoever plays them next week has to do. Forget fancy shit, just aim up, take them on up the middle and don’t make errors. Forget the whole idea of taking risks and doing fancy stuff to beat Penrith, that’s what they want so they can grind you into the turf. You have to play them at their own game.
You have to watch the games they have lost. Which isn't many and they normally down on top troops.
If it's us we can't beat them through the middle, we have 1 big forward to their 4.
Late offloads to break up their D is a key, but you have to be able to execute it.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Manly smashing us in 2008- then beating Melbourne 40-0 in the Grand Final. I don’t think anyone got within 30 points of them for the whole finals series. That team was the absolute definition of peaking at the right time.

38-6, 32-6 and 40-0. Looks dominant enough on those numbers, but only kicked 11/23 with the boot over those 3 games so left plenty of points out there !

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Yeah our 32-6 was the closest anyone got to you guys in that series!
Was there and can still picture some of those tries, Brett Stewart had a huge game

If I remember rightly, Warriors v Broncos was the curtain raiser and the Warriors coughed up a 10 point lead with a few minutes left on the clock

All Channel 9 is backing Broncos. Not looking good for refs calls going Warriors way! 😕
I dont think Im alone as Australian and Sharksfan, in getting 100% behind the Warriors Agaisnt Broncos,, and indeed against Penrith as well. Theres been many Kiwis given great service to sharks and great memories . My personal favorite probably Richie Barnett ,followed closely by the great Tawera, But many more ...,Sorensons , SJ , sorry he got caught in some unfair club shite. Many as well as being great footballers have been outstanding human beens as well. Current Winger for us Mulitalo is great example there.

Now te hBoncos ..... Arrogant ,entitled, Qlders . If you live amongst them as Sharksfan, and Warriors dont beat them- Their swollen heads - Players AND fans ,will be unbearable ! So GOOO WARRIORS !!!! BTWCompletely agree about the Channel Nine Observation . Hopefully lots of Kiwis Show up to the game !

Last edited:

JJ

Immortal
2008 we went 110-12 over 3 finals games, that dominance is probably under threat this year
Of course this is their 4th grand final in a row…. Other worldly tbh, especially when you consider the talent they’ve had to let go…

Izz

Bench
Can't see either us or Donkeys going past the Pahs. Cleary Jr has taken it up another level

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Nelson is a piece of shit, wish he would defect to another nation for international footy

What would this stain need to do to get sent off? Murder someone, or would that only earn him a really strong warning?

That was a piss weak act from the weakest 'big' man in the comp. Absolutely 100% planned on the Panthers' key man. And he couldn't even do any damage to Cleary while he was defenseless.

I agree, no interest in that f**kwit playing for us. He represents everything that is shit about that club.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I hate Manly, just because I’m a right thinking person 😃, but Manly destroying them like that was up there in my favourite GFs

Until we win one, it'll always be my favorite. Although at the time I didn't know how much I hated them

Reactions: JJ

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
What would this stain need to do to get sent off? Murder someone, or would that only earn him a really strong warning?

That was a piss weak act from the weakest 'big' man in the comp. Absolutely 100% planned on the Panthers' key man. And he couldn't even do any damage to Cleary while he was defenseless.

I agree, no interest in that f**kwit playing for us. He represents everything that is shit about that club.
Those knees into Yeo should see him missing the kiwis matches but we probably won’t be that lucky

Rich102

Staff member
Interesting comment by Matty Johns in the Storm/Panthers game.
He said the atmosphere at the Warriors/Knights game was the best of any game he had been at.
Big compliment to the Mt Smart crowd.

Scott

Bench
Interesting comment by Matty Johns in the Storm/Panthers game.
He said the atmosphere at the Warriors/Knights game was the best of any game he had been at.
Big compliment to the Mt Smart crowd.
Matty Johns wasn't at the Warriors/Knights game.
Dan Ginanne was there with Triple M and has said through the week that it's the best atmosphere & loudest he has ever heard a crowd.

JJ

Immortal
How about Madge doesn't pick him on the basis he is unfit. Seriously overweight and very slow.
Agree with all that, but he must be following Bellamy’s instructions, right

as beaver (I think) said above, Penrith’s middle are legitimately hard, and JFH is imo the best there is atm

Rich102

Staff member
Matty Johns wasn't at the Warriors/Knights game.
Dan Ginanne was there with Triple M and has said through the week that it's the best atmosphere & loudest he has ever heard a crowd.
Sorry, must have been Dan.

Blair

Coach
38-4, Penrith. Final. A late call by me but i went to bed at halftime (a bit of a boring game and six am start the next day).

Now onto the next one...

Blair

Coach
Fisher Harris and Leota, running straight and hitting hard, proper hard men

NAS, walking around avoiding taking a run and waiting til guys are on the ground to drop a knee into them, and find someone he can hit late, or a little bloke he can get work a forearm. Weak gutted dog
I never want you to change! No one on here rips into the ghouls at Melbourne, Brisbane, the NRL in general, quite like you do.