What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL launches touch football premiership

Stallion

First Grade
Mate, when you spout opinions like Brooky doesn't need an upgrade because you prefer to sit on the hill you lose all credibility - lol

Just don't think it's that bad. I've enjoyed it. It's pretty Australian and I enjoy the hill. And I'm sure others do as well. So stick your misguided toffy nosed approach back in your private school educated closed mind.

ReddFelon

Juniors
The league unlimited drinking game;

Everytime Stallion derails a thread take a shot, increase the number of shots each time he references union, private schools, the Bears and the magical aura of Sydney clubs.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Just don't think it's that bad. I've enjoyed it. It's pretty Australian and I enjoy the hill. And I'm sure others do as well. So stick your misguided toffy nosed approach back in your private school educated closed mind.

Lol - I went to a public school and you don't need to go to a private school to know that if Allianz has OH&S issues, then so does Brooky.

No matter how many time you state it is a different sport, it will not change the fact that it has now been incorporated under the NRL banner making it a part of Rugby League and really making your opinion 100% irrelevant.
No matter how many times you say it, touch is not rugby league, making your opinion 100% bullshit. Pretending it’s RL to fudge participation numbers is a lie straight from the VFL playbook.

Touch is as much RL as T20 is cricket
Utter bullshit. T20 cricket is fundamentally the same as any other form of cricket. That’s why it’s called T20 cricket. It’s cricket. The clue is in the name. Touch is NOT rugby league. It doesn’t even call itself touch football anymore. No touch player will EVER be called a rugby league player. They do not play RL.

Stallion

First Grade
The league unlimited drinking game;

Everytime Stallion derails a thread take a shot, increase the number of shots each time he references union, private schools, the Bears and the magical aura of Sydney clubs.

Funnily they all seem to link you ! Union being your preferred code.Private schools being your source of close mindedness, the extinction of top flight rugby league in the form of the Bears in North Sydney and your endless pursuit to weaken rugby league in the Sydney area. That's you Redfellon!

Stallion

First Grade
Lol - I went to a public school and you don't need to go to a private school to know that if Allianz has OH&S issues, then so does Brooky.

Now the expert comes out! Like I've stated I enjoy Brookvale and plenty others do as well. But you would not believe that anyway.

T-Boon

Coach
So the NSW teams and the QLD play in seperate competitions and then the winners of each play in a super bowl of sorts. It is already the comp NRL wishes it was.
I wonder how they go about selecting teams. They should have a draft. We should have a mock draft.
Does anyone know the best 40 touch footy players in the country?

Edit: so if it is 6 rounds it sounds like for the NSW division Eels, Knights and Tigers will play each other 3 times.

Last edited:

MilkShark

First Grade
Touch footy players won’t make it into the game unless they reduce or remove the interchange. Touch footy players have skill, exactly what the majority of nrl players don’t have because you can’t make it in the nrl unless you’re all muscle.

Stallion

First Grade
Touch footy players won’t make it into the game unless they reduce or remove the interchange. Touch footy players have skill, exactly what the majority of nrl players don’t have because you can’t make it in the nrl unless you’re all muscle.

Lol. What about having both skill and muscle!

unforgiven

Bench
Utter bullshit. T20 cricket is fundamentally the same as any other form of cricket. That’s why it’s called T20 cricket. It’s cricket. The clue is in the name. Touch is NOT rugby league. It doesn’t even call itself touch football anymore. No touch player will EVER be called a rugby league player. They do not play RL.

You probably shouldn't comment on topics that you know nothing about. The sport returned to the name Touch Football a number of years before the NRL partnership.

They now use the NRL Touch Football logo. NRL stands for National Rugby League, if you cannot see that touch football is a non contact version of Rugby League than you probably should just avoid this thread because your opinion is not valid.

http://touchfootball.com.au/ The name is in the website URL

latingringo101

Juniors
Touch Football (ITF Touch) came out of Rugby League, however isn't the closest form of RL. Oz Tag and Touch Rugby League (while not aligned with the NRL) are closer to actual RL then the current set up.

None the less this partnership is fantastic to see. Touch Footy although doesn't involve the play the ball and kicking involves players to have alot of cardio, footwork and passing skills which helps them develop into future NRL stars!

T-Boon

Coach

I get what you are saying and I agree. But I actually think it is football brains/instincts that are in short supply these days as much as skill. They don't even seem to know when or how to draw and pass. The majority of NRL players seem like robots.