What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL launches touch football premiership

Stallion

First Grade
Maybe someone should organise a league unlimited forum touch football day, we could even play under the old rules.

Be nice if it was officially revisited by touch footy Australia. Throw in some more kick opportunities and I'm sure it would be a great success for both RL and Touch footy! Here's hoping.

Last edited:

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
It's good. I like how they mention that "touch" is born out of rugby league. Would love to see a play the ball with the foot reintroduced. It's important and it's missing!

Bring the bears back as a touch team! That'll get the crowd in!! How many members do they have again?

Emu01

Juniors
Oh no. NRL partnering a sport that has close to 1 million participants nation wide to help grow the game

Only a nuffy would see this as negative news. Some of the games greats who have excelled at touch footy have gone onto having successful nrl careers (Johnson, Marshall just a couple off the top of my head)

I think Matt Dufty was a Touch football player as well.

Stallion

First Grade
As the NRL want a strategy of a

Northern team Southern team and a Western Sydney

They could do no worse than play Norths Souths and Wests

As they represent the 3 distinct geographical regions of Sydney

The strategy is flawed as it does not take in cultural and historical familiarity and rivalries.

T-Boon

Coach
Cool. I am a little surprised that Souths aren't in but too bad for them. It is great that Cronulla have been excluded again.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
You might like to take note and understand the significance and importance of those factors. It will give you a better overall outlook of what makes a competition credible and popular.

Mate, when you spout opinions like Brooky doesn't need an upgrade because you prefer to sit on the hill you lose all credibility - lol

Perth Red

Post Whore
You might like to take note and understand the significance and importance of those factors. It will give you a better overall outlook of what makes a competition credible and popular.

^ Sydney teams played last week and 36,000 fans turned up. The "significance and importance" seems to be in your head!