What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 18 2023 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
I'm feeling happier with the Walsh ban than I probably should! I know I'm not alone here either. Surrounding the referee like that reminds me of soccer at its worst. It's deeply unpleasant.

Tonight, surely the Sharks will add to St George's misery? Although, perhaps no Hunt will make the Dragons play better? He can't have been good for morale.

Friday, let's party like it's 2008 at Mt Smart. The Rabbitohs - as opposed to the Roosters back then - will feel the power of the faithful! Or it might be a dreadful hush, as Souths bounce back from poor recent showngs.

Storm v Panthers, GF preview. Enough said!

Saturday, Canberra v GC, two sides now winning. Two sides that can't afford to start losing again! Will the Cowboys win an 'easy' one against Wests? They'll want avenge that astonishing sixty-point hiding at Leichhardt this season too.

Brisbane - this town's not big enough for both of us - sees the Broncos host Redcliffe. No Walsh, he'll be surly on the sidelines no doubt. I'll enjoy seeing that. Seriously though, the Dolphins look in trouble, they look out of their depth mid-season, in their first year. Wily Wayne needs to earn his money here.

Sunday, the Bulldogs v Knights, two tough clubs doing it tough on the ladder, and we close with a Sydney sizzler, Manly hosting the big shots from Bondi.

Enjoy.

nswarrior

Juniors
I'm feeling happier with the Walsh ban than I probably should! I know I'm not alone here either. Surrounding the referee like that reminds me of soccer at its worst. It's deeply unpleasant.

Tonight, surely the Sharks will add to St George's misery? Although, perhaps no Hunt will make the Dragons play better? He can't have been good for morale.

Friday, let's party like it's 2008 at Mt Smart. The Rabbitohs - as opposed to the Roosters back then - will feel the power of the faithful! Or it might be a dreadful hush, as Souths bounce back from poor recent showngs.

Storm v Panthers, GF preview. Enough said!

Saturday, Canberra v GC, two sides now winning. Two sides that can't afford to start losing again! Will the Cowboys win an 'easy' one against Wests? They'll want avenge that astonishing sixty-point hiding at Leichhardt this season too.

Brisbane - this town's not big enough for both of us - sees the Broncos host Redcliffe. No Walsh, he'll be surly on the sidelines no doubt. I'll enjoy seeing that. Seriously though, the Dolphins look in trouble, they look out of their depth mid-season, in their first year. Wily Wayne needs to earn his money here.

Sunday, the Bulldogs v Knights, two tough clubs doing it tough on the ladder, and we close with a Sydney sizzler, Manly hosting the big shots from Bondi.

Enjoy.
Some great matchup this round

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Been a huge week for Manly on the signings front, Brooks, Koula, Talau, Paulo, Schuster, nice to top it off with a win over the Chooks but expect to be pumped by 40 haha

Blair

Coach
So Hunt is playing, and the Dragons are leading and looking pretty good.

How weird.

Edit: the Sharks run away in the 2nd Half 52-16. Gallen"s getting around the 'winning changing room'. He looks a real pain to the players.

Last edited:

GoSouths

Juniors
So Hunt is playing, and the Dragons are leading and looking pretty good.

How weird.

Edit: the Sharks run away in the 2nd Half 52-16. Gallen"s getting around the 'winning changing room'. He looks a real pain to the players.
100 pts conceded the last 2 games. Dire times for Dragons fans.
On a minor note, CNK can sleep easier about that missed tackle on Sloane last week. Almost the entire Sharks team couldnt catch him this week. The guy has exceptional wheels. I would love to see a foot race between him and JAC.

Blair

Coach
Friday's main act about to start. Choice, no pretenders here!

Edit: Melbourne are in control. If Nelson's in form can any side - even Penrith - stay with them?

He's awesome (when he's not being a huge grub).

Last edited:

Blair

Coach
This one's turning into a Bowe v Holyfield, in other words, a heavyweight classic.

22-16, Panthers. They're showing their champion abilty.

34-16, Panthers. Final. They ended up doing them 32-2, as Melbourne led 14-0. Penrith have the competition beat this year. Now, who will lose to them in the final?

Last edited:

JJ

Immortal
Penthers building really ominously... despite the talent they've lost, and Cleary being out

Blair

Coach
An exciting win to Canberra over GC. That's not good news for our spot on the ladder. I reckon teams like Canberra are competing directly with us for finals qualification.

And now the Cowboys - who are playing so well of late - are making short work of Wests. Again, they're on our tail.

Coen Hess is playing great footy, some of his best for years, which is on Payten, who's given him a specific role (take the first hit-up, make metres, draw defenders) which he's following.

Blair

Coach
After the first quarter-hour it's nil-all.

At halftime it's 42-0, Cows.

This is deeply unpleasant for neutrals. Edit: the massacre is continuing. 56-0...stop this, now!

Last edited:

GoSouths

Juniors
After the first quarter-hour it's nil-all.

At halftime it's 42-0, Cows.

This is deeply unpleasant for neutrals. Edit: the massacre is continuing. 56-0...stop this, now!
well it is payback. Wests put 66 on them a few weeks back.
edit. 74-0 final score. Returned serve and then some. sheesh.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
That must be an all time record turnaround in a season- what was it, 130 points?! That’s insane.
Is it also the first time teams have put 50 or 60 on each other ther in the same year?

vvvrulz

Coach
That must be an all time record turnaround in a season- what was it, 130 points?! That’s insane.
Is it also the first time teams have put 50 or 60 on each other ther in the same year?

We know neither will win the premiership!

Blair

Coach
Jesus, I picked the Dogs 🤣
I just looked, 66-0. The Dogs are a young side, with potential. That's the spin consistently coming out of Belmore this year. Ciraldo has four and a half years left on his contract with Gould stalking the corridors!

I don't really know what to think.

Blair

Coach
Go Manly! Daly is leading the way with two tries for a first half lead.

12-10.

JJ

Immortal
I just looked, 66-0. The Dogs are a young side, with potential. That's the spin consistently coming out of Belmore this year. Ciraldo has four and a half years left on his contract with Gould stalking the corridors!

I don't really know what to think.
Well the Knights are ordinary, so that’s a disgrace tbh, perhaps worse than the Tigpies