What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 22 2023 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
This round there'll be covered logos on the players' jerseys, as the 'pay dispute escalates'. Is there strike action down the road?

Tonight, it's all glamour in Brisbane, Broncos v Roosters. Walsh v Tedesco, we know who thinks he's number one!

Friday, the Tigers host fellow strugglers, Souths. Yes, I've said it, Souths aren't looking good. Did 'no Latrell' derail their season? The main game is a (sort of) in-form Storm seemingly too strong for Parramatta.

Saturday, it's always big, Sticky's Raiders can't afford another loss but the Knights are needy too. Dragons v Manly? The spoon v finals makes this tense for both and Penrith should dent the Sharks top-four hopes.

Sunday, c'mon Bulldogs. The fans are desperate, the Dolphins are almost done for what looked like a great first season by making finals.

We finish with GC having one last serious crack at the finals but they have a Cowboys side on a serious upswing.

Warriors bye. Enjoy.

Last edited:

nswarrior

Juniors
Big game tonight - Go Roosters, I think they will spring an upset and open the door for us to sneak into the top 2 by the end of the season

Blair

Coach
Big game tonight - Go Roosters, I think they will spring an upset and open the door for us to sneak into the top 2 by the end of the season
The Broncos are up 20-0 at halftime. Are they making a statement tonight? That they'll keep threatening for a GF?

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
The Broncos are up 20-0 at halftime. Are they making a statement tonight? That they'll keep threatening for a GF?
I think so, because the Chooks haven’t actually been bad, they’re trying but the Broncos are a class above.

Blair

Coach
DCE 300, guess I’ll have to watch that and just hope that everytime Lodge gets the ball he gets smashed.

I hope you watch it. I spoke to a Manly fan who also can't take Lodge. But she was adamant she wasn't giving him that sort of power where he would make her walk away until he's gone.

She said it in more colourful language than that!

JJ

Immortal
Thought the Roosters might aim up, really disappointing season for them.

nswarrior

Juniors
Roosters were disappointing, really had nothing in attack apart from the kick for the wingers. Joey Manu so quiet in such an important game. They are done fir the season.
Are the Broncos the real deal? I keep expecting them to start losing

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Roosters were disappointing, really had nothing in attack apart from the kick for the wingers. Joey Manu so quiet in such an important game. They are done fir the season.
Crazy with all their weapons, that this season they are 16th for points scored, only the Tigers behind them

JJ

Immortal
Aside from Penrith it's hard to know who the real deal is - guess we know that at their best Souths, Eels and Melbourne can probably be real threats, to me (until proven wrong) the likes of Brisbane, us, and the rest have the feel of the Cowboys and Sharks from last year - consistent across the year, but perhaps not an extra gear to go to...

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I feel sick, think I’m going for the Storm here

I see the Storm are celebrating 07 and 09 Premierships tonight lol, what a grubby organisation