What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 18 2024 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
It's a literal 'wet week' here in Sydney and that's not a prospect most sides, and fans, want.

Tonight, they must've had a crystal ball back when the planned this year's draw. Eels v Rabbitohs should've just been an average Sydney show but right now it's not. Both sides are the first steps on the ladder but only one side seems like it's staying there. Add some big personalities, like Gutho and Lattro, and it's bound to be good. One thing to ponder is this: if Gutho gets a questionable shot put on him by Lattro, what does the referee do?

Friday, Cronulla should dispatch the Titans on a cold and grim Shire night. If so, surely that's the end of any Gold Coast 'we're going pretty good, despite our ladder position' spin? They'll be firmly at or near the bottom. There's reasons for that.

Then the blockbuster, Broncos hosting Penrith. Both sides are losing more than they think they should (well, according to their fans, anyway) and this is the time to put it all right.

Saturday, it's wet, the Warriors don't want that. The Bulldogs might, but their lethal edges might miss out on some free-ranging ball. The Tigers won't ambush Melbourne in this kind of weather, the Storm will be glad to be up in the 'tropics'. In the real tropics, NQ are on a roll now and a win over a good side like Manly will just add to their solid recovery on the ladder.

Sunday, let's get this weekend done (it's the weather, guys, I'm over it) and, for St George's sake, hopefully it won't be a flashback to Anzac Day. The Roosters really got their season going then (remember 'time's up for Robbo') but these two have evened things up now. We finish with a jittery Canberra hosting Newcastle, with Ponga back, whose razzle-dazzle might bring some 'sunlight' into the grey skies.

Enjoy.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
What a special club Parra is, number up 3 defenders to 4 attackers from the scrum and looked bemused when Souths put it through the hands and scored

Blair

Coach
Jeez, when is it not wet in Sydney?

Not tonight in Parra, that's for sure. It's a quagmire! And Souths are the mud larks by the look of it.

16-4, 48 mins gone. Parra need to be good enough to score next.

Edit: they do but then Souths hit back after a dumb error by Parra. 20-10. Plenty of time left for the home fans to suffer some more.

Speaking of more, the more I see of Mitchell these days the more I get Billy T James flashbacks.

32-16, Souths. Final. Five in a row now. Eels in crisis!

Last edited:
Now a sin bin on Moses for not letting go in a tackle.
Wanted to challenge a head push but not challenges. Couldn't see what he was complaining about.

Friday, Cronulla should dispatch the Titans on a cold and grim Shire night. If so, surely that's the end of any Gold Coast 'we're going pretty good, despite our ladder position' spin? They'll be firmly at or near the bottom. There's reasons for that.
I heard this game is in Coffs Harbour.
Hopefully drier.
Got NSW netball junior state titles this weekend so praying for some dry weather!

Blair

Coach
I heard this game is in Coffs Harbour.
Hopefully drier.
Got NSW netball junior state titles this weekend so praying for some dry weather!
Coffs is correct but still 95% chance of rain! The venue helps the Titans though, a lot actually, it's so much more like home.

Edit: no spark from the Sharks. Down 12-0 at halfime. They'd be leading if they were playing their home game in Cronulla, I reckon.

Last edited:
Wonder why Titans 3 didn't get the bin after Trindle passed the ball for the try tackled past the horizontal.
Badger not in the bunker envisioning a quadriplegic?

nswarrior

Juniors
Ref bringing the Sharks back in the game. Titans penalised with the ball for a push that you will see hundred times in a game

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Sharks back in it, can the titans hold on?

ridiculously close this year. I really don’t thing our form is much different to last year injured players aside, but the real difference is almost every team this year has sorted out a lot of their issues and are competitive. Even the Tigers and Parra aren’t exactly meek rabbles most weeks.

Blair

Coach
Sharks back in it, can the titans hold on?

ridiculously close this year. I really don’t thing our form is much different to last year injured players aside, but the real difference is almost every team this year has sorted out a lot of their issues and are competitive. Even the Tigers and Parra aren’t exactly meek rabbles most weeks.
We're too good for the spoon but, if we don't pull our finger out, there could just be a few points in it.

Blair

Coach
Walsh in, and brings the game alive. Gee, he's got some speed. Edwards got nowhere near him.

6-4, Brisbane...