What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 9 2024 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
I've got to go early again this week as I'm off to Titans country for some R&R. I won't overdo the Warriors gear up there as one, there's plenty of Kiwis showing out there anyway and two, it's a bit humiliating after last week!

Thursday, is Latrell slowly withdrawing from the game? He's announced he's 'not available for Origin', but he wasn't getting picked anyway, was he? Without him the Rabbitohs won't get their season back on track against the Panthers. Wrong opposition for that, sorry.

Friday, Manly might pile on the misery for an under pressure Sticky. The Raiders were woeful last week. They either bounce back at Brookie or officially get in crisis mode. The Broncos are back in their sweetly reffed Friday slot but the Roosters might be good enough to claim a win up there. They sure went good against St George but, as my negative Chooks mate said, 'it was only St George'. He hates Robbo and wants change.

Saturday, Canterbury are improving, Wests don't seem to be. The spoon is looming once again for the Tigers. Gold Coast might really turn their season around if they upset Melbourne and NQ v Dolphins is a mixed bag. Both sides are pretty good right now but can also slip up just as easily.

Sunday, oh bloody Sunday! I'm at the Twin Towns Club in Tweed desperate for a Warriors win v Newcastle, who looked scarily (for on edge Warriors fans) good without Ponga. It might be a long afternoon when I'm supposed to be relaxing. We close with Cronulla hosting St George. The Sharks have this 'easy' one before they really get tested with a run against the top sides. We'll see how serious they are.

Enjoy.

JJ

Immortal
On paper only one game appears close to pick - Dogs v Tigpies, I guess everyone thinks the Roosters will be decent at some point... That said, you'd not be completely shocked if the Knights or Dolphins pulled off an upset, or even the Titans...

Blair

Coach
Enjoy the Qld sunshine!

Cheers. It's a bit windy and showery but can still end up bright and warm. That, hopefully, will be how the Warriors play on Sunday. That is if they have to be 'windy and showery' at all!

Coolangatta doesn't seem very 'Titany'. I'm seeing more diehards in Broncos gear.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
On paper only one game appears close to pick - Dogs v Tigpies, I guess everyone thinks the Roosters will be decent at some point... That said, you'd not be completely shocked if the Knights or Dolphins pulled off an upset, or even the Titans...
Very wet day tomorrow in Sydney plays right into Canberra forward strength, will be a close one

Reactions: JJ
Panthers lose Tago to the bin for a hip drop.
I can't pick which get penalised, which get bin and which get off.
I know 2 clear one's on DWZ in early rounds let go looked just as bad.

Blair

Coach
12-0, Souths. But let's see the Panthers come back with 13 men.

We all know that an early 12-0 lead means nothing!

Edit: 18-12, Panthers! Souths look shot.

Last edited:
Capewell pinged for a disruptor a few weeks back when pulling his hands away when jumping for a ball/bomb.
Tonight Rabbits do the same, Panthers drop it and nothing.

Last edited:

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
lol mate jt can’t be healthy watching every game looking for ways the Warriors are hard done by ;p

The effort plays from Edwards compared to the effort plays from Souths are a mile apart

lol mate jt can’t be healthy watching every game looking for ways the Warriors are hard done by ;p

The effort plays from Edwards compared to the effort plays from Souths are a mile apart
Haha, agree, was going to say I'm going to have to stop watching other games! :)

Argh crap, kickers legs taken and Souths in the bin, unlike Fifita last week who got nothing! #refeddifferently 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
Cheers. It's a bit windy and showery but can still end up bright and warm. That, hopefully, will be how the Warriors play on Sunday. That is if they have to be 'windy and showery' at all!

Coolangatta doesn't seem very 'Titany'. I'm seeing more diehards in Broncos gear.
Need some sustained success to get the party town behind them. They have been there long enough now to not be worried about losing the team like Crushers and Seagulls.

If it's wet and SJ hasn't been training with the team again due to archiles tenderness I'd say we are in for a loss.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
If it's wet and SJ hasn't been training with the team again due to archiles tenderness I'd say we are in for a loss.
Not sure rain helps Newy. New fullback is a livewire but wet conditions favour an effort guy like CNK and probably also favour our yardage based system. For once dominate the middle and pin them in the corners is likely a winning gameplan. But tell Rocco to contest those bombs…

Not sure rain helps Newy. New fullback is a livewire but wet conditions favour an effort guy like CNK and probably also favour our yardage based system. For once dominate the middle and pin them in the corners is likely a winning gameplan. But tell Rocco to contest those bombs…
I hope you are right, but if I remember correctly our last 2 wet games have been losses.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Terrible conditions

Raiders clear game plan to slow down the tackle, they could have been pinged on 3/4s of them so far