What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Fullback - Kurt Gidley?

macavity

Referee
interesting position to fill

Hodgo is too small and has failed at the level - and should never see sky blue after his kimmorley-esque blunder last year (cue tigers fans defending the ragdoll)

Mini may not get his world-beater form back (but if he does should be a shoe in, awesome fullback)

for mine unless Mini kills it, if K Gidley keeps his form up until origin time, he would have to get it - has been close to the best player in the comp the last couple of games, has been safe under kicks (im surprised tbh...) and has been fantastic from kick returns, dummy half and in support. he looks like he has found his spot (hope im not speaking too soon) and I have been really impressed with a guy I seriously doubted would make a fist of #1.

if he doesn't get FB, his ability to cover 1-7, 13 and 9 make him the perfect benchie.

thoughts?

(*cue flaming*)

Phillips

Referee
Hodgson is a great player, but i agree.. too small.. last yr proved that

if Minichiello doesnt get back to form, my choice would be McKinnon..

but im a K Gidley fan..

boonboon

Juniors
No

and as for who he would be behind as a SOO Fullback

Minichello
Hodgson
Hornby
McKinnon
Peachey
Stewart
Patten

Anyone else who can play football Gidle K should never play origin

mxlegend99

Referee
boonboon said:
No

and as for who he would be behind as a SOO Fullback

Minichello
Hodgson
Hornby
McKinnon
Peachey
Stewart
Patten

Anyone else who can play football Gidle K should never play origin
That list is pretty much the order i'd have it, except i'd have Hodgson just below McKinnon. And maybe switch Stewy and Peachey as the Peach is getting on in age, and Stewy is still young and has the added advantage of blooding another player for the future.

McKinnon has been awesome this year. Way better then Gidley IMO.

After seeing him last year, and the first two rounds...Id have David Peachey and Wade McKinnon ahead of anyone else for the NSW no.1

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
As long as he's fit Minichello will be there I've got no doubt about it. I don't care if the Roosters don't win a game, he'll be there. Outside of that McKinnon is the form fullback over the first two rounds with Peachey playing well for the Rabbits as well.

Shorty

Staff member
I thought he's been really good in the last two rounds,if he has great form until it I think he may be considered.
Obviously Mini will be a shoe in if he returns to form.

DeeGan

Bench
Anthony Minichiello will play fullback unless he is injured. He has started the season well in a poor team and will get the call up.

Kurt Gidley if maintaining current form will be in the 17 as the utility IMO.

Raider_69

Post Whore
if mini struggles its McKinnon surely on form, into peachey... then giddley but i think as long as mini is fit he'll be selected, and based on his previous origin efforts, i think he's ernt that right

Pistol

Coach
As long as Minichiello is playing football, he'll be the fullback for NSW. He's a favourite among the NSW selectors and he is a proven Origin performer.

As a QLD supporter, I have my fingers crossed he doesnt play. But as long as he stays on the park, he's basically as good as there.

lockyno1

Post Whore
CWBush said:
How many positions can Farah cover? Two? Hornby ditto.

Hornby can cover 5/8, halfback, hooker, and fullback and centre. Exactly the same as Gildley. If they want a reserve hooker they will pick Farah though.

Frederick

Staff member
lockyno1 said:
Hornby can cover 5/8, halfback, hooker, and fullback and centre. Exactly the same as Gildley. If they want a reserve hooker they will pick Farah though.
Gidley can also cover wing and lock if necessary.

Misanthrope

Staff member

Not to mention the fact that Kidley can actual defend as a hooker and do it well. Hornby's a great player, but he's not the workhouse Kurt is. He'd make a terrible hooker and an even worse lock.

lockyno1

Post Whore
CWBush said:
Not to mention the fact that Kidley can actual defend as a hooker and do it well. Hornby's a great player, but he's not the workhouse Kurt is. He'd make a terrible hooker and an even worse lock.

You want a hooker..ROBBIE FARAH will be the one chosen on the bench.