What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW State Of Origin Team Game 1 2009

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Im not to fussed if McManus is picked, I just feel that the Scottish team would feel a little hard done by seeing as he was born there and played for them not even 7 months ago.

Same argument for Hayne but he did play for Aus first.

Raider_69

Post Whore
McManus playing = Queensland win. He'll be a one game wonder if picked.

I disagree
Im a big wrap on Jimmy Mac
He's a bloody good and highly under-rated player. Is he SOO quality? I dont know, he's close but he may just be out of his depth at that level. Im happy to take a punt on him thought.

And again, keeps Mona's in lime green to help us out

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Don't think McManus would lose us the game, then again, he wouldn't win us one either. Hayne can and that's the difference.

But in saying that, the same applies to Monaghan, so its much of the same, expect Monaghan has been there before, once.

Serc

First Grade
Im not to fussed if McManus is picked, I just feel that the Scottish team would feel a little hard done by seeing as he was born there and played for them not even 7 months ago.

He knocked back playing for Scotland for our preseason :)

skeepe

Immortal
I disagree
Im a big wrap on Jimmy Mac
He's a bloody good and highly under-rated player. Is he SOO quality? I dont know, he's close but he may just be out of his depth at that level. Im happy to take a punt on him thought.

And again, keeps Mona's in lime green to help us out

To be fair I agree with you but I just can't bring myself to wrap a Knight.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Don't think McManus would lose us the game, then again, he wouldn't win us one either. Hayne can and that's the difference.

But in saying that, the same applies to Monaghan, so its much of the same, expect Monaghan has been there before, once.

I think Monaghan offers more as a player. He's stronger in the air, stronger defensively, he's stronger carrying the ball. Not as good a finisher, Jimmy has good footwork and knows his way to the line. But you're right, neither would win or lose the game for NSW.

I do feel for Monnas, he did a top job on Inglis in game 3 last year, his form has picked up so much over the last month, he's back to where he was last year, i thought he was deserving of another crack at origin.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
I think Monaghan offers more as a player. He's stronger in the air, stronger defensively, he's stronger carrying the ball. Not as good a finisher, Jimmy has good footwork and knows his way to the line. But you're right, neither would win or lose the game for NSW.

I do feel for Monnas, he did a top job on Inglis in game 3 last year, his form has picked up so much over the last month, he's back to where he was last year, i thought he was deserving of another crack at origin.

Would probably agree with that, he'll be unlucky to miss out. Same as Lewis and Laffranchi (the latter omission is really unbelievable).

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Can anyone see that team winning a game in Qland though?

Why not? They certainly are underdogs but anything is possible.

There is plenty more points in this side (on paper at least) than previous teams over the past couple of years. Not being able to score points is the prime reason we lost last year.

I think NSW need to settle with a 1,6,7,9 combo and stick with it regardless if they win or lose the series. Gidley, Campese, Wallace and Farah (if this is the side) is a relatively young combination that should form the backbone of the NSW side over the next few years.

mxlegend99

Referee
Nope. Although Origin sides quiet often perform different then you would expect the names on paper to perform. You can never rule a team out because they look weak on paper.

Although you can sure as f*ck bag them for picking that weak side when there are much stronger sides available.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Nope. Although Origin sides quiet often perform different then you would expect the names on paper to perform. You can never rule a team out because they look weak on paper.

Although you can sure as f*ck bag them for picking that weak side when there are much stronger sides available.

Such as?

This side is much better (at least on paper) than the rubbish they've picked over the past couple of years.

Everyone wanted new blood and they've gone for it. No Mason, Anasta, Ryan etc. etc. and all the other flops that have done nothing for years.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Such as?

This side is much better (at least on paper) than the rubbish they've picked over the past couple of years.

Everyone wanted new blood and they've gone for it. No Mason, Anasta, Ryan etc. etc. and all the other flops that have done nothing for years.

Ironically Ryan is playing well this year.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I don't care, he is tried, tested and failed along with the rest of them.
If the selectors were fair-dinkum, they wouldn't select players in teams coming last, 13th, 14th... the fact that there's no representation in the state side from the team running first (and not just recently first, we've been top for 4 weeks straight now) is pretty funny. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy we're going to get off lightly over SOO but it shows the selectors still have NFI.

redvscotty

First Grade
If the selectors were fair-dinkum, they wouldn't select players in teams coming last, 13th, 14th... the fact that there's no representation in the state side from the team running first (and not just recently first, we've been top for 4 weeks straight now) is pretty funny. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy we're going to get off lightly over SOO but it shows the selectors still have NFI.

Agreed.

Latest posts