What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

O.T. NRL 360

taipan

Referee
We have been at death's door on and off for decades, had players who stuffed up big time to give us and the game a bad name, and incompetent management(by well
meaning out of their depth officials).
Costing the club millions of unnecessary monetary waste over the years .Poor coaching choices.poor pharmaceutical choices, poor player choices.
We can blame NRL officials at times for financial penalties ,but geez haven't we been in the main our own worst enemy over the 50 years plus?
Running around in my everlovin Datsun 180B with a Save our Sharks sticker on the rear window.And I'm no greenie.
The fact we are still around suggests to me (and I may be naive) officialdom
wants us long term, else we would've been shuffled off our mortal coil some time ago post SL.

Generalzod

Immortal
Rugby League media is just a pantomime. For the pantomime to work you need villains and the Sharks make for an easy villain. The club's inept leadership over generations, ability to find a scandal and lack of any influence mean Kent and co can bash away with no consequences.
The fact is he come out to say that we cheated the cap when we won the comp, considering that the NRL just went through the books and found nothing and yet this bloke says what ever he likes.....

Quigs

Immortal
Taip the only thing that saved us was South Sydneys victory in the Court of Law and their forced readmission back into the game.

If that was us instead of Souths back then then you and I would not be here in this forum typing away. There'd be no Sharks or no Sharks forum even.

Our hooking our colours with Super League saved our Club. You can back that in.

Quigs

Immortal
Not loving Uncle Rupe so munch SoL, it was just that Packer was as big a power hungry controlling quigs as what Rupe wanted to be when it came to the league.

It was a power struggle to see who could get control of the running of the game and the money it can generate.

Munch the same as Channel Nein and Gyngel have right now over Toddy, Pete and the crew.

Talk of a10 team finals ring a bit of a bell ?

shadowboxer

First Grade
We have been at death's door on and off for decades, had players who stuffed up big time to give us and the game a bad name, and incompetent management(by well
meaning out of their depth officials).
Costing the club millions of unnecessary monetary waste over the years .Poor coaching choices.poor pharmaceutical choices, poor player choices.
We can blame NRL officials at times for financial penalties ,but geez haven't we been in the main our own worst enemy over the 50 years plus?
Running around in my everlovin Datsun 180B with a Save our Sharks sticker on the rear window.And I'm no greenie.
The fact we are still around suggests to me (and I may be naive) officialdom
wants us long term, else we would've been shuffled off our mortal coil some time ago post SL.

I would like the agree that they still want us around and probally the outcome of our recent indiscretions was somewhat favourable - however I still reckon we are the boil on the ass of the NRL that they desperately would like to lance. I thought the removal of Flanno and introduction of Morris might open the door to some positivity, but not the case so far, still bombarding the general media with negativity.
Thing is become almost a badge of honour unfortunately. Thankfully, season under a week away - time for the game to begin again

taipan

Referee
Taip the only thing that saved us was South Sydneys victory in the Court of Law and their forced readmission back into the game.

If that was us instead of Souths back then then you and I would not be here in this forum typing away. There'd be no Sharks or no Sharks forum even.

Our hooking our colours with Super League saved our Club. You can back that in.

Gotta agree Quigs ole fella.though that as you suggest was post SL.As in those early days prior to SL,we were so close to the door being slammed shut, you could hear the creaking as the door was moving.
Watching players at street lights with plastic buckets ,hardly made me optimistic.

Have to say(and again I agree with you) old Saint scissors hands Peter Gow ,saved the club by going to Super league,I attended that meeting at the club that night, when they made the decision.
The night when big Mal famously said"What has rugby league done for me."

Think we woulda been dead meat, if we hadn't decided to go for Murdoch's(detest the bloke)cash.
Arko was sharpening the relocation knives ATT, and you can quote me on that.

These days mate, with all the argy bargy ,there are still other clubs that would like to see us move.

taipan

Referee
I would like the agree that they still want us around and probally the outcome of our recent indiscretions was somewhat favourable - however I still reckon we are the boil on the ass of the NRL that they desperately would like to lance. I thought the removal of Flanno and introduction of Morris might open the door to some positivity, but not the case so far, still bombarding the general media with negativity.
Thing is become almost a badge of honour unfortunately. Thankfully, season under a week away - time for the game to begin again

Yep.Think we are just hanging in.Hence it's IMO so important we stay within our financial means, and the retail side of the development and club refurbishment ,happens sooner rather than later.
Still doesn't get away from the fact, we were our worst enemy.

When they designed the Peter Burns stand as part of the club itself, the biggest mistake for me ,was not having cover over the seating.
If that had happened I believe like the ET stand ,more season tickets would have been sold just due to the cover factor.I spent about 20 years there before moving to the ET, and I got drenched, sunburnt and wind whistling through my ears on many an occasion.Still loved the view of play though.

If the other sh*t hadn't happened off season, the Flanno and fine issues would have come and gone quickly.Unfortunately they became like a "sideshow" to the main "event",which is still hanging around the media.
The money wasted on stupidity by the club and some people ,is just plain idiocy.

Kent with his poison pen again in today’s Telecrap. What a merkin.

He has put an asterisk next to his statement “cheated the Premiership” and at the bottom of the article has put another asterix stating that it means “cheated the salary cap”.

Just to cover his arse for any potential law suits.

Says our Premiership is forever tainted.

I hate this d1ckhead even more the DUI Bec.

Generalzod

Immortal

He has put an asterisk next to his statement “cheated the Premiership” and at the bottom of the article has put another asterix stating that it means “cheated the salary cap”.

Dragon I know it’s hard but don’t read ithe shit or watch him on TV..If only Kent went hard on Brisbane when they where over the cap and the NRL did nothing because Andrew Gee no longer worked with club...

Last edited:

roboshark

Coach

That piece of human waste night think it's tainted but no-one will ever be able to take away the feeling I had on that Sunday night .not even garbage like Kent or Crawley

taipan

Referee
Geez I'm glad the decision to stop buying the Telecrap was made some time ago , although my missus insists on the Sunday Telecrap.

The mere thought of watching NRL 360 who at times have some decent guests, and then having to witness the venomous bile Kent puts on us in his hate sheet, would drive me bonkers.

Generalzod

Immortal
The Irony is Fairfax has become the same a vindictive media outlet as news limited, Webster is shocking his article Cronulla don't play by the rules, Yes Webster like all clubs do...

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Geez I'm glad the decision to stop buying the Telecrap was made some time ago , although my missus insists on the Sunday Telecrap.

The mere thought of watching NRL 360 who at times have some decent guests, and then having to witness the venomous bile Kent puts on us in his hate sheet, would drive me bonkers.
A few months ago i asked my local newsagent how the telecrap sales had been over the last few years. He said that he used to sell between 70 and 80 a day about 5 or 6 years ago. He now gets 20 delivered each day and he usually has 5 or more left over each day. I have still yet to meet anyone that subscribes to the online shit....here's hoping that a few of the fools with agendas are the first to be made redundant.

Card Shark

Immortal
Great news

They are killing the goose that lays their golden egg.

They are massive stakeholders in the game but they do all they can to put it down.

carinashark

First Grade
I don’t think it’s their fault really. Thay are told by editors the stance of the place.
Go hard on Cronulla.
Go easy on coal.
Give Tony Abbott space.
General conservative politics.
Look for dirt on Greens and Labour.
Give churches an easy ride.
Make shure everyone knows how great St George are.
Wind and sola power will cost you more.
All students are lazy and just cost taxpayers money.
Lots of pic’s of the Royals.
I could go on but I love Cronulla and one of the reasons is that so many people dislike us.
The other day I had my Sharks training vest on, and a neighbour went past so I waved(as you do) .
“So ,You go for them”!
It’s that responce that makes me put a value on them.

MilkShark

First Grade
Great news

They are killing the goose that lays their golden egg.

They are massive stakeholders in the game but they do all they can to put it down.
Exactly this and I don’t understand it.

They’re killing the game, people are tired of it and these guys just killing it even more with each article.

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
Not 360 related but the sports Sunday show is fiery today.

Gallen on there firing up against that bandanna wearing f**kwit Peter Fitzsimmons, who was basically saying that all rugby league players beat their wives/girlfriends.

Gal then called him out on his agenda against the game, to which he replied “oh please I love rugby league”

What a merkin that bloke is and his wife ain’t much better.

Last edited: