What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Off season 2022-23

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Wow this seems a crazy call for Manly. Especially when Seibold is their apparent man... Talk about a horrible decision on paper.

Manly don't have a premiership squad with no Turbo. The guy is so good and is worth so much cap, when he keeps missing half seasons they go from a top 4 side to a middling team at best. DCE didn't carry the team this year like he normally does, and is getting past his best. The succession plan in Schuster had a massive step back this season, and they cut solid vets in Foran, Walker and Taupau, for little in replacement. I understand Hasler wanted these guys, but got over called. Now he's sacked for the biggest joke of a coach going. Oh, and the main guys in the squad love Dessy.

This will either be a masterstroke no one saw coming, or the biggest management fail of 2023.

the clown that owns the club went on national tv and said “we have a premiership winning squad, now we need a premiership winning football department “ FMD

it is a middling squad with a lot of young potential coming through, Seibold has been at the club before so would have worked with a small handful of the squad . Interesting viewing ahead but I feel less invested now these clowns have knifed Hasler after what they did to toovey

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
the clown that owns the club went on national tv and said “we have a premiership winning squad, now we need a premiership winning football department “ FMD

it is a middling squad with a lot of young potential coming through, Seibold has been at the club before so would have worked with a small handful of the squad . Interesting viewing ahead but I feel less invested now these clowns have knifed Hasler after what they did to toovey

It's also rare for there to be an abrupt coaching switch without player movement on top of it. Coaches come in, have their favourites, dislike certain contracts etc.

They should of also said now we won't get locked of the dressing room.
Not sure how much to believe the media but Des had to have to have his hands pulling multiple levers at the club, not just coach. Egos obviously couldn't handle it.

JJ

Immortal
I’m not sure why there's so much dislike for Seibold... anyway, he's yet again secured a role where he's in a deep hole from the get go...

As an outsider you wonder is Des suffers from over-reach - fine coach, wants so much more control but has failed when he's had that control... he's not Gould, but probably wants to be?

Still, Manly not treating their legends well...

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
One thing we can't argue with re our Robbo. He's from rugby league stock. I don't have that impression with the Penns.
Yeah whether he’s the right guy or not I think there’s no doubt Robinson is there for the right reasons, given Autex’s long association with the sport.

JJ

Immortal
Same issue regardless of background, overblown ego…. But ownership rights are important…

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
George Burgess released from the Dragons, doesn’t get along with Griffen

Schuster has lost his training partner lol, Des was getting up early every morning to bike alongside Schuster who is pounding the pavement in readiness for next season

JJ

Immortal
Is Anthony Seibold the new Matt Elliott? Seems to be what Renouf is arguing...

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Is Anthony Seibold the new Matt Elliott? Seems to be what Renouf is arguing...
Will be interesting

Took South’s up the ladder in his 1 season there, but the Broncos plummeted, although that was a common theme after Bennett left a club

Having worked at Manly previously you’d hope they have some idea of what he is about, might be hard to assess when you’re based in New York though. Flanagan as his assistant would be an interesting mix, a premiership winning coach assisting a wooden spooner

JJ

Immortal
Will be interesting

Took South’s up the ladder in his 1 season there, but the Broncos plummeted, although that was a common theme after Bennett left a club

Having worked at Manly previously you’d hope they have some idea of what he is about, might be hard to assess when you’re based in New York though. Flanagan as his assistant would be an interesting mix, a premiership winning coach assisting a wooden spooner
Yea, I think he has some of the word salad corporate psychobabble BS that Elliott had and seems to get some people into very lofty appointments, but I think there's substance there...

He did well as an assistant, was good for Souths, then walked into a Bennett sabotage, and now the self harm situation that is Manly - Brisbane had a talented but leaderless group of youngsters, Manly rather different - I think a lot depends on the brothers, although there seem to be issues everywhere... DCE seems to be assuming he's captain...

ATOWN2

Juniors
Seibold seems to have some good analysis on Fox Sports. The challenge for him will be securing and retaining the respect of the Manly players.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Flanagan has agreed to terms as Manly assistant, Jim Dymock rumoured to be the other

Maguire signs with the Raiders as their senior consultant

Last edited:
Reactions: JJ

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Same issue regardless of background, overblown ego…. But ownership rights are important…
At the end of the day someone has to put up the $$ or we'd have no club. As much of a prick Watson was he stepped in when the Warriors were at serious risk of going under and pretty much saved the club. I just wish he'd cashed out 5-10 years earlier than he did.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Jamil Hopoate sentenced to 2 years and 3 months for drug trafficking

Rumours are Luke Brooks will be a Knight very soon

also rumoured that the Tigers and Panthers will be doing a player swap, Tyrone Peachey for Charlie Staines