What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Eels Team Round 1

The Colonel

Immortal
True EEL said:
The Colonel said:
Pazza said:
My only problem with Peek is that he makes some real basic handling errors early in the set which really put us under pressure.

Which was also a problem for Cannings in the early part of last year and when he returned in Premmies....

maybe Round 1 - but who had a good game that night :roll:

Round 2 he was ripping it up Webcke and Civenocieva and Round 3 he was busting the Knights and pretty much after that he broke his arm

he didn't go back to premmies????

He did late in the season.

I seem to remember a lot of people were concerned with his handling. I'm not putting the guy down at all - any team I picked I had him in my starting 13 BUT I can see the advantages of him off the bench as well.

Pazza

First Grade
Do we really need a toiler in the front row considering we have such a strong, safe and defensive orientated backrow? Not to mention throwing in Morris and Wagon as sound defensive players as well.

I'd rather of Bash and Barge in the front row rather having 2 toilers.

Too many big players will prolly result in slow moving defence in the middle of the ruck. Which will come back to bit us in the arse. Don't under estimate Peek and Robinson they can also hit quite hard in defence. I think a good variety of players is important especially when the game is fast and intense. Those games it will be good to have players like Robbo and Peek cause you'll find that Cannings and Stringer are just going to run out of puff.

True EEL

Bench
The Colonel said:
True EEL said:
The Colonel said:
Pazza said:
My only problem with Peek is that he makes some real basic handling errors early in the set which really put us under pressure.

Which was also a problem for Cannings in the early part of last year and when he returned in Premmies....

maybe Round 1 - but who had a good game that night :roll:

Round 2 he was ripping it up Webcke and Civenocieva and Round 3 he was busting the Knights and pretty much after that he broke his arm

he didn't go back to premmies????

He did late in the season.

I seem to remember a lot of people were concerned with his handling. I'm not putting the guy down at all - any team I picked I had him in my starting 13 BUT I can see the advantages of him off the bench as well.

yes but you made it convieniently sound as if he was tried early and failed and went back to premmies, which wasn't the case ;-)

he didn't return to first grade permanently at the absolute end of the year after 5/6's of a season out with a broken arm.......

True EEL

Bench
anyway, good discussion, but i'm over it for now

just hope both (Cannings and Peek) perform well and don't get injured

and that the currect or most potent starting 13 is selected soon ;-) lol

The Colonel

Immortal
True EEL said:
yes but you made it convieniently sound as if he was tried early and failed and went back to premmies, which wasn't the case ;-)

:lol: :lol:

Please. You read a lot into things don't you. I don't want to get into an argument with you but it was neither intentionally nor conveniently done.

True EEL

Bench
The Colonel said:
True EEL said:

Whatever rocks your boat....

i actually prefer things to float my boat, but whatever ;-)

True EEL

Bench
Freak said:
So who kicks Burt or Pig?

i actually think that Burt may be the better percentage kicker overall, but it would seem that Piggy may be No: 1 option at this stage and Burty becomes the perfect back up kicker who is always on the field even when Piggy is off......good situation to be in

even though M. Witt was a better kicker than both :lol: ;-)

and even Morris and PJ could kick goals if neccesary

Agent Mulder

Bench
Big fan of Peek but i would rather him off the bench ditto Chad Robinson.
Start with Aaron Cannings at Prop.

Great to see Wagon in the centers and Burt on the wing

Freak

Juniors
I would like to see Burt kick from the Right side of the field and Piggy from the left, but I agree with True Eel Burt is the better percentage kicker.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
anyone heard of a drew dalton playing for us this year? from wollongong?

Stagger eel

Staff member
JessEel said:

yeeep!!!...played for the Magpies last year, a ballplaying forward who can play justabout anywhere in the pack.

The Colonel

Immortal
JessEel said:

Drew came from the Wests Tigers. I know he was training wth us during the off season for a contract but I'm not sure what happened...

True EEL

Bench
Agent Mulder said:
Big fan of Peek but i would rather him off the bench ditto Chad Robinson.
Start with Aaron Cannings at Prop.

Great to see Wagon in the centers and Burt on the wing

:D well said

True EEL

Bench
Freak said:
I would like to see Burt kick from the Right side of the field and Piggy from the left, but I agree with True Eel Burt is the better percentage kicker.

as silly and as far fetched as that may sound to some, it is actually almost worth considering as i'm sure we would see a higher kicking percentage for both kickers and overall......because of being left and right footers

but time on the field when tries were scored would dictate that firstly

Phillips

Referee
:clap: im very happy with that side

i dont know what most peoples problem with Peek is, sure he's not classy or a gamebreaker but he runs at the line hard and does his job, unlike a certain other front rower at the club....

plus he has alot of experience..

Hurriflatch

Referee
True EEL said:
Freak said:
So who kicks Burt or Pig?

i actually think that Burt may be the better percentage kicker overall,

and even Morris and PJ could kick goals if neccesary

Carrer
Burt: 72.4% (157 from 217)
Riddell: 74.4% (198 from 266)

2004:
Burt: 72.9% (43 from 59)
Riddell: 65.5 (36 from 55)

Morrison also kicked from the Cowboys part time.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
I know he was training wth us during the off season for a contract but I'm not sure what happened...

he playing with us, i just found out at work cos i had to do something and i noticed his name :D

Latest posts