What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Wenty Magpies 2011 thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wittyz chick

Coach
OK now in Bundy Cup there was a top of the table clash between Wenty and Cabramatta with the mighty Wenty boys coming out victors [no thanks to the ref] winning 22 - 20.

Tryscorers: Tim Clayton, Mitch Stanfield, Mark Luland and Astro Waetford.
Aaron Fluke kicked 3 goals from 4 attempts.

That ref did everything he could possible for Cabra to win. If Cabra dropped the ball it was a penalty for a strip, we had the ball stripped maybe 10m from our own line in the dying stages and he said we dropped it cold :crazy:

Timmy Clayton [I'm sure it was him] got hit high in the first few minutes, I'm surprised he got up but he played on though Fluke played fullback for most of the rest of the game [if that makes sense]

Also Daniel Cray for the Cabra side unsure what happened to him but he was down smashing the ground and crying and from what we figured his teeth may have gone through his tongue or mouth [but that's just speculation we were just guessing from what we heard his dad say]

Stagger eel

Staff member
btw, I was just told that Oakey won the players player, player of the match and coach's award, 3 weeks in a row...

he must be close to re call in first grade surely.

wittyz chick

Coach
OK NSW Cup.

Lost to Newtown 24-10.

We just played terribly, silly options, bad defence. and do NOT get me started on Justin Horo.. stop crying for his selection people he's NOT READY!!!!!!!

OK erm.. Try scorers: Callan Richardson and Jimmy Grehan. Jimmy's try was in the last minute so the score looked a bit better then it was.
Etu missed the first conversion and Tim Robinson converted Jimmy's try. I must say Tim is a handy goalkicker. I say he kicks em when he's on the field as Hendy looks to be out for a while :(

Brendan Oake tried his absolute HEART out! He really played well continualy [I know I've spelt it wrong but meh] broke the line on several occasions although there was no-one there to back him up and he had some good defence. I'm guessing DA may have been in his ear throughout the week.
Cordoba did his best, didn't notice Taulima, Etu needs to learn how to go forward on a kick return and not get tackled on the opposite side of field having gone forward maybe 5 metres.

Horo bombed TWO tries, one of which stands out in my head when he broke the line and had I think it was Timmy Morts on the side of him screaming for the ball. Horo had drawn the fullback and you thought "we're certainties to score here" but no Horo took the tackle. There no-one in front or even close enough behind Timmy for a tackle but Horo took the tackle instead of passing, how I didn't pull my hair out in frutration I have no clue.

It was quite frustrating to watch with some of their options.

5:30 Wednesday Fox Sports 2 you can watch and see for yourself Horo's "brilliance"

[Yes I'm still cranky about the game]

wittyz chick

Coach
Oh and Kenny Sio played pretty well in his step up to NSW Cup. It's well deserved after some great games in Bundy Cup.

Next week NSW Cup don't play due to a split round.

Bundy Cup: Wenty take on the WA Reds at Charles Riley Reserve at 7pm. I believe that's in Perth.. Anyone want to fly me over? :lol: Just kidding.

I'll be grateful if anyone can grab me a score from that game though

cgee221

Juniors
Also Daniel Cray for the Cabra side unsure what happened to him but he was down smashing the ground and crying and from what we figured his teeth may have gone through his tongue or mouth [but that's just speculation we were just guessing from what we heard his dad say]

Wow...if that's true that sounds like an incredibly painful injury to sustain. My teeth and tongue hurt reading it. Poor bloke :(

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
Nah, they are just having their usual mid-to-late-season form slump.

Come back in a couple of weeks and we'll be back on track!

wittyz chick

Coach
Lats and Brod do make a big difference to our side though.

Mate it all counts at the end of the yr and I promise Wenty will be firing by then :D

ianlovesparra

Juniors
Lats and Brod do make a big difference to our side though.

Mate it all counts at the end of the yr and I promise Wenty will be firing by then :D
Just show's you the difference between premier league and 1st grade. Brod and lats make a massive difference to wenty, but you don't seem to notice them when playing for parra.

wittyz chick

Coach
Bundy Cup lost I think 26 - 16. Don't quote me on that as I can't find the message on my phone.

This week NSW Cup play Wests I think but I dunno we'll find out today I guess..

Little note to be made. On August 2nd Wenty [finally] return home and play the Auckland Vulcans side. Nikki and I were told that game will kick off at 1:15pm as the Auckland side will need to catch their plane home later that day and Bundy Cup will play at 3pm. So all the people that turn up to watch NSW Cup and watch Bundy Cup this time too!! = ) they are a great side

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts