What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Wenty Magpies 2011 thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
even if ground restrictions or WHATEVS stop them from being played together, there has to be a better option then at the EXACT SAME FREAKIN' TIME

Indeed it is a bitch of a situation, that is for sure and I was really looking forward to the Bears game, some Friends of mine are going out to Ringrose for the First time since the moved to Seven Hills two years ago...

Also some information to relay which seems pertinent at this point in time as we are speaking about game day timings. I know everyone hates the 45 minute intervals that have been placed on the game between NYC and NRL. So I have been doing some snooping about the reasons for the 45 minute time frame. From what I have been told it comes down to the requirements of the camera operators. They have said that the camera operators can't work more that 2 hours straight without a 30 minute break. Add some pick-up shots and post game work for the NYC, then the camera jockeys go off for the smoko. come back and start with the main game work.

Now the fun part here is that only 2 games are on TV, and indeed most of the time only one Australian game is covered with the warriors getting all there home games on the box. Yet the NRL has enforced this gap to make the preparation time the same for every club between NYC and NRL.

I personally would have loved to have seen Wenty play out of the Stadium on Sunday but even if our reserve grade was the Parramatta Eels, and not the Wentworthville Magpies. They would have been kicking off early in the AM. Maybe something like 10:30.

wittyz chick

Coach
Jess I have news for you, when I miss Parra games for Wenty games Parra seem to win.. We may win 2 in a row..

I've probably jinxed it now

wittyz chick

Coach
THE WORST GAME I HAVE EVER SEEN NSW CUP PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I MEAN THE WORST!!!!:x

When those boys head to training this week.. 1st things first.. Learn how to CATCH a ball and then learn how to HOLD a ball.

Horo played well maybe the first 20 minutes as well as Timmy Morts and Benny. They peppered Etu's wing and he tried his best.. but that's all the wraps I will give. For the rest of the game they were SH!T!

Honestly Newtown would've thrashed us and they will next week if we play the same

Last edited:

wittyz chick

Coach
Oh yeah score was Bears 40 - 18.
Horo scored, Etu scored and Timmy Morts scored.

Taulima converted the first goal and Timmy Robinson the other 2.

We were leading 6 - 0. Then Bears clicked on and it was 34 - 6 before we scored again. Oh btw we are the game on Wednesday on Fox at 5:30pm

wittyz chick

Coach
On a much much BRIGHTER note Bunday Cup won 48 - 34. Was a bit nerve racking when Wenty thought they had the game won and clocked off and Southern Disctricts made it 30-all but we woke up again and killed them.

Tryscorers: Michael Woodlands, Ken Sio x2, Astro Waetford [who had his own fan club behind me :lol:],Brett Sargent x2, Ben Bailey and Brent Rae-Millar.
Aaron Fluke was on fire with the boot kicking 8/8.

When the scores were locked up Karl Filiga, Astro and Timmy Clayton combined to stop a certain try and force the ball loose. We then lost the ball but the 3 combined again to stop another try [practically in the same spot] but then Astro was sent to the bin for a professional foul.

Karl played great made a few damaging runs. Sargent was great too as well as Sio, Clayton and our no.18 who I actually missed who he was, he went close to scoring twice [I actually thought he had] but was just short.

wittyz chick

Coach
Oh few things I missed [sorry this'll be my last one]

Wenty A-grade thrashed whoever they played before Bundy Cup.

Next week is the family fun day. Action starting at 10:15am with the Wenty reserve A grade, then A grade, then Bundy and NSW cup.

Bundy Cup: Wenty are playing Cabra at 1:15pm and NSW Cup: Wenty are playing Newtown at 3pm.

Oh and in Bundy Cup one of the District players blew up at the ref trying to go for a 40/20 he JUST stepped over the line and ref's gone "outside outside" and he blew up "I WAS INSIDE, I WAS INSIDE" I :lol: at him. Also one of the ball boys almost got trampled, he ran across the field because he was on the wrong side just as Wenty kicked and he looked up to see both Districts and Wenty boys running at him.. I've never seen a child run so fast in my life :lol:

Last edited:

FUIFUI_MOIMOI

Juniors
Oh few things I missed [sorry this'll be my last one]

Wenty A-grade thrashed whoever they played before Bundy Cup.

Next week is the family fun day. Action starting at 10:15am with the Wenty reserve A grade, then A grade, then Bundy and NSW cup.

Bundy Cup: Wenty are playing Cabra at 1:15pm and NSW Cup: Wenty are playing Newtown at 3pm.

Oh and in Bundy Cup one of the District players blew up at the ref trying to go for a 40/20 he JUST stepped over the line and ref's gone "outside outside" and he blew up "I WAS INSIDE, I WAS INSIDE" I :lol: at him. Also one of the ball boys almost got trampled, he ran across the field because he was on the wrong side just as Wenty kicked and he looked up to see both Districts and Wenty boys running at him.. I've never seen a child run so fast in my life :lol:

Thanks for the detailed reports WC, that requires alot of dedication missing an eels game to go and watch wenty instead.

2 loses in a row :(

wittyz chick

Coach
Thanks FFMM :D. I do enjoy a nice day out at Ringrose.

I'll be there again next week.. so am willing to give updates if someone can post them up :)

ianlovesparra

Juniors
NSW CUP

1 Tim MORTIMER
2 Etu UAISELE
3 Ben SMITH
4 Jonathan WRIGHT
5 Ken SIO
6 James GREHAN
7 Mark O’GRADY
8 Josh CORDOBA
9 Kim UASI
10 Tim ROBINSON
11 Taulima TAUTAI
12 Justin HORO [C]
13 Brendan OAKE

14 Trent ROSE
15 Danny HOWARD
16 Dave BAUMANN
17 Valu NASIO
21 Karl FILIGA

BUNDY CUP

1 Tim CLAYTON
2 Brent RAE-MILLAR
3 Michael LULAND
4 Aaron FLUKE
5 Astro WAETFORD
6 Jacob BYRNE
7 Shane CROFT
8 Joe MATAELE
9 Ben BAILEY
10 Brad CAPOVILLA
11 Michael WOODLANDS
12 Brett SARGENT [C]
13 Mitch STANFIELD

14 John KOBORSI
15 Ben TAIA
16 Sione KAAFI
17 Steve BRISTOW

caylo

Bench
NSW CUP

1 Tim MORTIMER
2 Etu UAISELE
3 Ben SMITH
4 Jonathan WRIGHT
5 Ken SIO
6 James GREHAN
7 Mark O’GRADY
8 Josh CORDOBA
9 Kim UASI
10 Tim ROBINSON
11 Taulima TAUTAI
12 Justin HORO [C]
13 Brendan OAKE

14 Trent ROSE
15 Danny HOWARD
16 Dave BAUMANN
17 Valu NASIO
21 Karl FILIGA

BUNDY CUP

1 Tim CLAYTON
2 Brent RAE-MILLAR
3 Michael LULAND
4 Aaron FLUKE
5 Astro WAETFORD
6 Jacob BYRNE
7 Shane CROFT
8 Joe MATAELE
9 Ben BAILEY
10 Brad CAPOVILLA
11 Michael WOODLANDS
12 Brett SARGENT [C]
13 Mitch STANFIELD

14 John KOBORSI
15 Ben TAIA
16 Sione KAAFI
17 Steve BRISTOW

Paulo? is he injured again? that could not help him looking for a new contract, it could also mean that we could offer minimum wage for him aswell.

I hope Filiga gets to start in the centre and anderson gets a good look at him. It would be good to wrap him up for 2010 and maybe 2011 on a small contract

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
NSW CUP

1 Tim MORTIMER
2 Etu UAISELE
3 Ben SMITH
4 Jonathan WRIGHT
5 Ken SIO
6 James GREHAN
7 Mark O’GRADY
8 Josh CORDOBA
9 Kim UASI
10 Tim ROBINSON
11 Taulima TAUTAI
12 Justin HORO [C]
13 Brendan OAKE

14 Trent ROSE
15 Danny HOWARD
16 Dave BAUMANN
17 Valu NASIO
21 Karl FILIGA

BUNDY CUP

1 Tim CLAYTON
2 Brent RAE-MILLAR
3 Michael LULAND
4 Aaron FLUKE
5 Astro WAETFORD
6 Jacob BYRNE
7 Shane CROFT
8 Joe MATAELE
9 Ben BAILEY
10 Brad CAPOVILLA
11 Michael WOODLANDS
12 Brett SARGENT [C]
13 Mitch STANFIELD

14 John KOBORSI
15 Ben TAIA
16 Sione KAAFI
17 Steve BRISTOW

We be movin' on up, (la,la,la,la,la) to the eastside..............

Status
Not open for further replies.