What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Wenty Magpies 2011 thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Oakey scores..goal kicked.

28-22 Wolves with 73 gone..

come on guys, lets atleast try and steal a point from this..

Gronk

Staff member
Wentworthville Magpies 28
Tries: T Humble, D Nasso, E Uaisele, B Oake, T Robinson
Conversions: T Humble 4

Windsor Wolves 28
Tries: D Penese, Z Watene, C Trindall, R Walker, A Sweeney
Conversions: C Trindall 4

Firstly I will state that I was looking after my 3 year old nephew at this game so my attention for larger parts was drawn elsewhere.

From what I could see we play great in 15 minute bursts, and when we look to improvise we can do anything, the problem is, we only do it at the start and end of the game, indeed we were lucky to get the draw.

Our defence between the centre group and the left edge is where we get most of our breaks conceded but then on our line a creative half (like the wolves have) will tear them apart.

For mine our best was Ant Mitchell. In discussions with Stagger we both agree this kid has got "it" the problem is he is too small right now. If he adds some mass I fear that could slow him down. Ant is so dynamic and fleet of foot from our Dummy half position, he is a good player and one that has been in our system for a while.

Jono Wright and Etu on the left edge are great attacking players and can read each other well, the problem is the ball doesn't get to them all that often and sometimes it gets there too late.

Our forwards, are unfortunately for this game unremarkable, I know that is harsh and I didn't watch the whole game but in the periods I did watch there was nothing spectacular from them.

Humble, I am sure he might be a good player and chiming in from fullback is good in parts but he had the weight of the team on him today and he doesn't look up to it yet. I personally believe the NSW cup competition is far more difficult than the QLD cup and I think Tom is working to find his feet in this competition. He has show sparks of brilliance, but even at NSW cup level needs to find some consistency.

Delboy

First Grade
Mits, we could all be making a thing about Mitchells size, from what I have seen he is around the same as MK and Robson. He is much quicker than either of them, and would be about the same size as Farrah when he came into grade.

At some stage we have to see what he can do in NRL.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Mits, we could all be making a thing about Mitchells size, from what I have seen he is around the same as MK and Robson. He is much quicker than either of them, and would be about the same size as Farrah when he came into grade.

At some stage we have to see what he can do in NRL.

Player Profile

00005161_Image.jpeg

Cam Smith
Date of Birth : 18 June, 1983
Height : 185 cm
Weight : 92 kg
Position : Hooker, five-eighth

-------------------------

Player Profile

00004518_Image.jpg

Anthony Mitchell
Date of Birth : 27 May, 1989
Height : 178 cm
Weight : 85 kg
Position : Hooker

Player Profile

Robbie Farah
Date of Birth : 23 January, 1984
Height : 179 cm
Weight : 88 kg

Player Profile

Michael Ennis
Date of Birth : 16 March, 1984
Height : 179 cm
Weight : 87 kg

Player Profile

00003303_Image.jpg

Matthew Keating
Date of Birth : 6 September, 1986
Height : 177 cm
Weight : 87 kg

Player Profile

00003721_Image.jpg

Jeff Robson
Date of Birth : 5 August, 1982
Height : 175 cm
Weight : 88 kg
Position : Halfback/Five Eighth

Player Profile

00024827_Image.jpg

Daniel Mortimer
Date of Birth : 13 June, 1989
Height : 174 cm
Weight : 79 kg
Position : Five Eighth/Halfback

Ant Mitchell's body is not terribly out of proportion to all the others listed here bar probably Cameron Smith. Putting just 2 to 3 kilos on him should not slow him down that much and if put through the appropriate training drills his body should adapt and gain extra strength. In recent times I have only seen him play a few times so I am not really sure about his front on defence and his tackling technique. What are your opinions on Ant????

Moving right along,

Todays Parramatta Advertiser, has an article which focuses on Wenty Coach Brett Kenny, who states he has a goal to coach in the NRL, that he feels he needs to do an apprenticeship to do so, but that his apprenticeship is almost over.

He also states his goal for the year is to Win the Permiership.

There is no on-line link at the moment, it is on Page 110 of the Parramatta Advertiser.

Gronk

Staff member
Moving right along,

Todays Parramatta Advertiser, has an article which focuses on Wenty Coach Brett Kenny, who states he has a goal to coach in the NRL, that he feels he needs to do an apprenticeship to do so, but that his apprenticeship is almost over.

He also states his goal for the year is to Win the Permiership.

There is no on-line link at the moment, it is on Page 110 of the Parramatta Advertiser.

Don't hold your breath Bert.

8 Gone, Try Wenty 11 Danny Howard

Converstion Missed

Bears 0 - 6 Wenty

14 Gone, Try Wenty 5 Etu Uaisele

Converstion Successfull 6 Humble

Bears 0 - 10 Wenty

31 Gone, Try Wenty 6

Tom catches a grubber in goal, and runs the length

Converstion Successfull 6

Bears 0 - 26

39 Gone, Try Wenty 3