What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Wenty Magpies 2011 thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikki

Coach
Dunno if you could pick stars, as the first half almost seemed like a training run. In saying that Humble would have been the stand out for mine. Was very disapointed in the second half that we let them score. We should have put 60 zip on em.

Gronk

Staff member
Wenty 38 (Wright 2, Humble, Howard, Etu, Hendy tries Humble 5 goals) bt Nth Sydney (3 tries, 2 goals)

====================================

5.00pm Wednesday 5 May 2010, Foxsports 2.

replayed

1.30am Thursday 6 May 2010 Foxsports 2

Dunno if you could pick stars, as the first half almost seemed like a training run. In saying that Humble would have been the stand out for mine. Was very disapointed in the second half that we let them score. We should have put 60 zip on em.

Yep, we should have gone on with it, my friends that support the Bears agreed we should have gone on with it. What ever was said at half time, the boys looked slower, less interested and didn't bend the line back at all.

If you want a first grade spot, might be a good idea if you perform in NSW Cup first for the full 80 minutes.

Tom Humble was okay, I though Jono was quite good, I dead set didn't realised Brendan Oake was on the pitch until the last 10 minutes, when he started trying stuff.

Stagger eel

Staff member
1 Domenic Nasso
2 Mark Hendy
3 Etu Uaisele
4 Tim Mortimer
5 Jonathan Wright
6 Tom Humble
7 Trent Rose
8 Pele Peletelese
9 Anthony Mitchell
10 Tim Robinson (c)
11 Taniela Lasalo
12 Lee Te Maari
13 Brendan Oake

14 Daniel Cross
15 Pat O'Hanlon
16 Mitchell Allgood
17 Blake Blackburn
20 Nathan Armit
21 Danny Howard
Coach: Brett KENNY

The boys play Shellharbour on sunday at Ron Costello oval.

Stagger eel

Staff member
1 Aaron Fluke
2 Henry Raiwalui
3 Sam Aiga
4 Ben Taia
5 Astro Waetford
6 Jacob Byrne
7 Nadim Couri
8 Luke Young
9 Todd Eriha
10 Brad Lupi
11 Valu Nasio
12 Brett Sargent (c)
13 Peter Prime

14 Mitch Stanfield
15 Steve Bristow
16 Tamati Talanoa
17 Keresoma Sione
18 James Boustani
20 Simon Greaves
Coach: Brett Cook

The boys play Windsor this saturday night at 5pm at Windsor.

Stagger eel

Staff member
1 Domenic Nasso
2 Mark Hendy
3 Etu Uaisele
4 Tim Mortimer
5 Jonathan Wright
6 Tom Humble
7 Trent Rose
8 Pele Peletelese
9 Anthony Mitchell
10 Tim Robinson (c)
11 Taniela Lasalo
12 Lee Te Maari
13 Brendan Oake

14 Daniel Cross
15 Pat O'Hanlon
16 Mitchell Allgood
17 Blake Blackburn
20 Nathan Armit
21 Danny Howard
Coach: Brett KENNY

The boys play Shellharbour on sunday at Ron Costello oval.

I must say this is a mighty strange side...

* Tim Mortimer is clearly the best fullback in the team but is persisted in the centres.

* Etu is playing in centres with Jono Wright moving out on the wing.

* Trent Rose is given another shot at half, I'm not quite sure at the extent of injury to Mark O'Grady and Brendon Waters.

* A very solid looking forward pack.

* interesting to see Dan Cross and Paddy O'Hanlon getting a run, I think Dan will probably start at half with Trent moving onto the bench.

* that's a very strong extended bench.

Nikki

Coach
I still dont understand how Danny Howard gets pushed further and further down the list. For mine he has probably been the most consistant player all year.

Gronk

Staff member
I must say this is a mighty strange side...

* Tim Mortimer is clearly the best fullback in the team but is persisted in the centres.

* Etu is playing in centres with Jono Wright moving out on the wing.

* Trent Rose is given another shot at half, I'm not quite sure at the extent of injury to Mark O'Grady and Brendon Waters.

* A very solid looking forward pack.

* interesting to see Dan Cross and Paddy O'Hanlon getting a run, I think Dan will probably start at half with Trent moving onto the bench.

* that's a very strong extended bench.

Reading in between the lines Jonno Wright being tested on the wing. Gives him experience there as he may be needed there in the short or long term.

Humble: With the KK deal not inked maybe they need to see more of him at 6 ? Maybe they are tossing up if KK is worth the extra cash that the market is asking ?

O'Hanlon wasted in a uncompetitive NYC team ? Great promotion for a kid going places fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.