What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Omfg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kornstar

Coach
I feel physically ill, i can't believe that this f*cken stupid moronic piece of garbage club could let a player like him go........

Who the f*ck is responsible for this? Not only can we not pick the correct first grade squad but we can't even keep one of our most promising juniors!!!!!

Say what you want about laziness etc, this kid wins games, plain and simple!

I am gutted and f*cken pissed off!!!

I'm not particularly fussed with what you do with it MITS..... honestly.

You can't possibly sit there with a straight face and honestly belive we would have put up a fight to keep him and it not make the paper.

Until I speak with a few people I don't know what to believe. I know some thing in relation to some other losses we have had in the Juniors, which is not a good sign, but I don't know either way in this case. So until I hear from a few people I won't go making broad ranging accusations now will I.

I'm not particularly fussed with what you do with it MITS..... honestly.

You can't possibly sit there with a straight face and honestly belive we would have put up a fight to keep him and it not make the paper.

Until I speak with a few people I don't know what to believe. I know some thing in relation to some other losses we have had in the Juniors, which is not a good sign, but I don't know either way in this case. So until I hear from a few people I won't go making broad ranging accusations now will I.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The simple fact of the matter Williams would be playing first grade at any other club. We just continue to make excuses not to pick them. Anyone with half a brain could see Williams should have been locked up ages ago. But least we have Lowrie for another yr FFS!!!!!

V1er

Juniors
This would be one of the worst re-signing periods for a while for the eels. The retention has been appaling this year, we’ve released a few players from their contracts and yet we still can’t either buy new players or re sign our important younger players.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
"Oh he's to lazy for first grade" What a crock of sh*t!!!! Wagon is to old and slow for first grade. But that's ok he tries really hard :roll: Mateo was apparently to soft and lazy for first grade as well.

Jodeci

Bench
There are two people who need to justify why we haven't kept this bloke. Hilly and Hags should know better to let this kid even talk to other clubs.

Instead lets keep Lowrie and Wags up in grade and on good money.

That will do me

Good luck to him

Brian Jackson

Juniors
I'm sure the club will come back with the old line 'We were not prepared to pay overs and give him 3 years seeing as he hasn't played first grade yet... still very frustrated.. he skinned the U 20's Manly side a few weeks back in the 2nd half.. Would have impressed the big wigs at Brooky..

Stagger eel

Staff member
Apparently skeepes has a posted a rumour on the NRL rumours thread that Canberra have signed Dave Baumann, he may be geeing up to get a reaction but at the same time it wouldn't surprise me at all..

BTW, FYI

Eels Email. said:
SYDNEY - Tuesday 27 May 2008

Eels Disappointed At Williams Decision

Pirtek Parramatta Eels Chief Executive Denis Fitzgerald has expressed his extreme disappointment at the loss of Toyota Cup player Tony Williams.

The Cabramatta junior, who has featured in every one of the Eels Toyota Cup matches this season, this week agreed to a three year deal with the Manly club.

“We made Tony a very competitive offer which took into account his undoubted potential,” Mr. Fitzgerald said.

“Our coaches have recognised and nurtured Tony’s abilities over the past four years as he’s progressed through Parramatta’s development program, which is the benchmark for all NRL clubs.

“Unfortunately Manly have come up with a massive offer, which was about double our offer, and our salary cap prevented us from increasing our bid for a player who is yet to play First Grade.

“We came into 2008 with a number of signing priorities, of which Tony was one, but we were not prepared to sacrifice other players who we also needed to re-sign, including Jarryd Hayne, Krisnan Inu, Ben Smith, Brett Finch, and Matthew and Kris Keating.

“We are disappointed that Tony and his manager have arrived at this decision but we know he will be doing his best for our Toyota Cup team this year and we wish him well for the future.”

Stagger eel

Staff member
There are two people who need to justify why we haven't kept this bloke. Hilly and Hags should know better to let this kid even talk to other clubs.

Instead lets keep Lowrie and Wags up in grade and on good money.

That will do me

Good luck to him

over to you Gronk...;-)

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Can someone tell me why Williams wasn't a priority signing???? More worried about tying up an average first grader like Finch while we let a future superstar go. Can't sign anyone can't keep anyone, why do we even bother.

the_eel

Juniors
BTW, FYI

[/font]
[/size]

Gee i never would have predicted that response from the Club. I'm sick of the old chestnut...they offered him double and we couldnt match it with the salary cap restrictions. Plain and simple.....if we can't afford to keep guys like Williams and yet Manly can then we are paying some players FAR FAR too much money.

Latest posts