What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

On a Positive Note

Delboy

First Grade
Kelly is on the field because he played 7 when the Storm won NYC and BA was coach , don't think Kelly has won anything since

Jake was right, he is bog ordinary at best

Joely01

Bench
He essentially is in the spine when he's on the field.

How the f**k is he in the spine when he is on?

He sure as hell isn't fullback, sure as hell doesn't play 5/8, unfortunately Kelly is half, and peats stays at hooker.
He is a forward, play like one.

phantom eel

First Grade
Some teams play a five man spine for parts of a game, say when they have a lock with play-making abilities in the centre of the field.

You could say that John Sutton is part of the Souths spine, even when playing 13 because of his ability to play a part in the attack.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Some teams play a five man spine for parts of a game, say when they have a lock with play-making abilities in the centre of the field.

You could say that John Sutton is part of the Souths spine, even when playing 13 because of his ability to play a part in the attack.
but Sutton has playmaking abilities, like Graham or Glenn stewart. Unilke Paulo who is a mistake ridden lazy crab running merkin. When he runs onto the field the Parra brand dies a little more at a time.

yy_cheng

Coach
I thought Peats had a good game in Defence and as hooker.

Edwards did some nice stuff too.

My team for next week would be

1. Hayne
2. Sio/Morgan
3. Tonga
4. Hoppa
5. Semi
6. Norman
7. Sandow
8. Mannah
9. Peats
10. Fui
11. Gower
12. Mau
13. Edwards

14. Jo Paulo
15. Junior Paulo
16. Peni
17. Tanginoa

Joely01

Bench
He plays middle half. I've f**ken told you merkins this before.

We don't need a middle half ffs.
We need Tanginoa to play more minutes, that way we have a forward who actually runs hard and straight, and doesn't do some crab dance before getting tackled every run.

yy_cheng

Coach
If our forwards passed before the line ala doggies, we can get rid of Paulo in attack.

We have a few who can pass. Fui, Edwards, Mau

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We don't need a middle half ffs.

Tell it to the coach, merkin. We looked a lot more threatening with Paulo on the field.

We need Tanginoa to play more minutes, that way we have a forward who actually runs hard and straight, and doesn't do some crab dance before getting tackled every run.

Tanginoa played 23 minutes on the right edge, and had three carries for 15 metres and one error. Also five tackles, with two missed.

He's only 20 years old mate. He's great for his age, but nowhere near as good as most Eels fans think he is.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If our forwards passed before the line ala doggies, we can get rid of Paulo in attack.

How good was Kenny's pass to Toutai for his try!

The thing with Paulo is he doesn't just catch-pass or offload in the tackle (although he can do those things), he has vision too. He can hit the right man out of multiple runners. Fui and can co can't do that (though Edwards can).

yy_cheng

Coach

The thing with Paulo is he doesn't just catch-pass or offload in the tackle (although he can do those things), he has vision too. He can hit the right man out of multiple runners. Fui and can co can't do that (though Edwards can).

I totally agree with this. During the game, I was going to stop bagging him but then he kept on giving away penalty after penalty and just undid all the good stuff he does in attack

Even last year, when he was playing more like a middle half, I could see the benefits of this.

This year, he is playing more like Dymock or Jason Smith.

Joely01

Bench

Don't need forwards passing before the line. Need them to hit the line and get fast play the balls to get us on the front foot to get the backs involved.
That style of play the dogs have worked for the first year, the last couple of seasons haven't though.

Joely01

Bench
I totally agree with this. During the game, I was going to stop bagging him but then he kept on giving away penalty after penalty and just undid all the good stuff he does in attack

Even last year, when he was playing more like a middle half, I could see the benefits of this.

This year, he is playing more like Dymock or Jason Smith.

Please don't put Paulo in the same sentence as Dymock or Jason Smith.

yy_cheng

Coach

Kenny is playing a much better selective game.

In the warrior's game, he was trying to do too much and made errors.

He could be our Dean Widders

Joely01

Bench
Tell it to the coach, merkin. We looked a lot more threatening with Paulo on the field.

Tanginoa played 23 minutes on the right edge, and had three carries for 15 metres and one error. Also five tackles, with two missed.

He's only 20 years old mate. He's great for his age, but nowhere near as good as most Eels fans think he is.

You're a very harsh judge Pou, I want to sit through a game with you so I can try and understand what you are watching...

Daren

Juniors
Would it be worth playing Sandow off the bench and peats could play 80 minutes and move into the second row if necessary

Latest posts