What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Organised crime and drugs in sport investigation part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

bottle

Coach
Not so fast there! Perhaps you need to brush up on your separation of powers since you want to talk about the Judicial branch with your High Court example.

"In Australia there is little separation between executive and legislative". (The third being Judicial - is the example you gave, where there is clearer separation).

So no not that hilarious at all. Unless your laughing at yourself?

Although you assumed you could, I am glad your not responsible for handing out the grades for educators. Although nice try....

Quote comes from where?
In any event, this refers to the makeup of the parliamentary government, not the judiciary and it's investigative arms. The government also funds the judicial system, yet the populace would be rightly outraged if the government interfered directly with the workings of these bodies.

The government, regardless of its political flavour, is not ASADA. The separation of powers implicitly suggests that the investigative bodies need to be separated from, and free of government influence (again, regardless of the political nuances of the government involved). Otherwise the system is flawed from the start.

Garbler

Juniors
The government, regardless of its political flavour, is not ASADA.

No one is suggesting that.

I am suggesting the perceived impartiality of ASADA can not be compared with that of the High Court.
Unlike the High Court, I don't see ASADA mandated by the constitution.

Also, ASADA directly reports to parliment:
"ASADA reports to the Minister for Sport."
asada.gov.au

Pretty sure the High Court don't have to report to no minister of justice.

Who employs ASADA employees? I wonder if there appointed by their
Governer General like High Court justices?

So I don't think its much of stretch to say ASADA is a little more vulnerable to political interference then the High Court of Australia. Forgot the High Court its not relevant here.

Last edited:

magpie4ever

First Grade
Not so fast there! Perhaps you need to brush up on your separation of powers since you want to talk about the Judicial branch with your High Court example.

"In Australia there is little separation between executive and legislative". (The third being Judicial - is the example you gave, where there is clearer separation).

So no not that hilarious at all. Unless your laughing at yourself?

Although you assumed you could, I am glad your not responsible for handing out the grades for educators. Although nice try....

Nice try, Bottle has answered it. Sorry, but I must mark you with a FF.

Dangles, quote without a reference - action, please.

magpie4ever

First Grade
No one is suggesting that.

I am suggesting the perceived impartiality of ASADA can not be compared with that of the High Court.
Unlike the High Court, I don't see ASADA mandated by the constitution.

Also, ASADA directly reports to parliment:

asada.gov.au

Pretty sure the High Court don't have to report to no minister of justice.

Who employs ASADA employees? I wonder if there appointed by their
Governer General like High Court justices?

So I don't think its much of stretch to say ASADA is a little more vulnerable to political interference then the High Court of Australia. Forgot the High Court its not relevant here.

A loopie.:crazy:

bottle

Coach
El D isn't a moderator is he? Not within his purview.
Garbler we'll have to agree to disagree.
I have faith in the independence of the investigative/regulatory process until demonstrated to be unworthy.

magpie4ever

First Grade
I have faith in the independence of the investigative/regulatory process until demonstrated to be unworthy.

I'm afraid he is. Talking about the separtion of power - not on LU.:D

Garbler

Juniors

No probs Bottle, I hope ur right!

Meanwhile magpie4ever responds with namecalling and a smilie. Whyyyyyyyy is he allowed near a keyboard? :? He would go well in government with so little constructive to say

magpie4ever

First Grade
No probs Bottle, I hope ur right!

Meanwhile magpie4ever responds with namecalling and a smilie. Whyyyyyyyy is he allowed near a keyboard? :? He would go well in government with so little constructive to say

Juile4ever, dude. Can't talk to shit for brains.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Because I can't answer it. Only David Smith knows.

piss off

you proceed to tell everyone that the Government has nothing to do with ASADA yet the CEO of the NRL had to go to the PM to ask that all codes are treated the same

why would he possibly do that if she has no say?

why were Lundy and Clare at the presser if this has nothing to do with Labor?

magpie4ever

First Grade
piss off

you proceed to tell everyone that the Government has nothing to do with ASADA yet the CEO of the NRL had to go to the PM to ask that all codes are treated the same

Ok, last post for the night.

If you had a complaint against, say ASADA, a government regulatory body; who would you go to initially to raise such a complaint?

Answer: Your local federal MP, yes agreed.

Now David, not being an Australian Citizen and probably on a 347 visa doesn't have that local MP. So, given that Julia baby was camping at Rooty Hill, at the time; and probably having met her at the PC and given the Sydney media reports of bias; scratched his nut and said this is an opportuunity to clear this matter up. Guess what, matter cleared up. No bias - no political influence - David satisfied, I'm satisfied, loopies not satisfied.

Happy.:lol:

Ok, last post for the night.

If you had a complaint against, say ASADA, a government regulatory body; who would you go to initially to raise such a complaint?

Answer: Your local federal MP, yes agreed.

Now David, not being an Australian Citizen and probably on a 347 visa doesn't have that local MP. So, given that Julia baby was camping at Rooty Hill, at the time; and probably having met her at the PC and given the Sydney media reports of bias; scratched his nut and said this is an opportuunity to clear this matter up. Guess what, matter cleared up. No bias - no political influence - David satisfied, I'm satisfied, loopies not satisfied.

Happy.:lol:

I hate to nit pick , but ASADA are a statutory body. Not regulatory.

Ie. they are directly governed by laws passed by the federal parliament. They do not have the power to issue regulations.

bottle

Coach
piss off

Because they were trying, ill advisedly in my opinion, to get some political mileage out of it.
Completely different to orchestrating it.
Poor strategy, poorly advised, won't make a skerrick of difference come September.
After which, if the investigation is still ongoing, a change of government similarly won't make a skerrick of difference to the investigative process.
Nor should it.
However I'm sure you will be in full support of the process once it is being held under the auspices of a government of a different political persuasion.

Swamp

Juniors
Not sure if it has been mentioned but after that arrogant wanker from afl was given another $11m from both state & federalm government to build another training facility gws he said that essondon are fine & they have nothing to worry about. Why does he know this?

Status
Not open for further replies.