What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Organised crime and drugs in sport investigation part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maximus

Coach
Que sera sera , and only time will tell. The tidal wave is gonna hit or it ain't, and a wall of words won't stop or change it if it does.

The tidal wave could hit, and 100 players get banned, and the likes of Parra and Spot On would claim it is all a conspiracy, none of the players ever did drugs, and they were all banned to make the government look good. They are blinded by their hatred of Labor so much so that they can't accept that the accusations could be true. They are even believing everything Rothfield and Weidler say because it supports their view.

Parra

Referee
Oh so you are saying that the point of the ASADA investigation isn't to investigate drug cheats? Please enlighten me as to what the point of it actually is. Thanks.

ASADA are just following up on Jason Clare's lead. Which he got from the 'Crime Commission'. There is every chance they lifted this agency name from a Dick Tracey comic.

You are trumpeting for the faceless bureaucrats, why don't you tell us what you are cheering for?

Hint: I'll give you enough time to run to whoever it is you have to to ask the answer. Lackey.

bottle

Coach
ASADA are just following up on Jason Clare's lead. Which he got from the 'Crime Commission'. There is every chance they lifted this agency name from a Dick Tracey comic.

You are trumpeting for the faceless bureaucrats, why don't you tell us what you are cheering for?

Hint: I'll give you enough time to run to whoever it is you have to to ask the answer. Lackey.

Parra you've been down this path and were shown to be wrong, even El D chimed n some evidence. Yet here you are traipsing down it again.

ACC
ASADA
Press conference.
In that order.
It ain't hard

Hold to your bias, you're entitled.
Just get the facts right, please.

Parra

Referee
Parra you've been down this path and were shown to be wrong, even El D chimed n some evidence. Yet here you are traipsing down it again.

ACC
ASADA
Press conference.
In that order.
It ain't hard

Hold to your bias, you're entitled.
Just get the facts right, please.

What bias? Time for you to erect another strawman.

Parra

Referee
Couldn't get that strawman going yet?

Nothing deflected bottle. Just calling you out as a fraud.

Phone a friend. Find out what strawman means. You have time.

Spot On

Coach
The tidal wave could hit, and 100 players get banned, and the likes of Parra and Spot On would claim it is all a conspiracy, none of the players ever did drugs, and they were all banned to make the government look good. They are blinded by their hatred of Labor so much so that they can't accept that the accusations could be true. They are even believing everything Rothfield and Weidler say because it supports their view.

Or one player would be banned and you'd claim it was a victory and point in history where sport was rid of all drug cheats!!!!:crazy:

Lift you're expectations Russell. We have been told entire teams have been doping. Expect nothing less than entire teams being banned. The language used at the darkest day press conference indicated that a shit load of sports people have/are taking PED's and that the ACC have evidence of it. I expect entire teams and athletes across a range of sports to be banned. That is the expectation built by Claire and Lundy and co.

Please quote me where I have said none of the players have taken drugs and where I have said I hate the labour party.

Just who is making shit up now Rusty.

Interesting that Curtis Johnston has been cleared by Asada and will resume with North Sydney this week. Barely a thing has been mentioned about it in the media, unlike when he was accused in the beginning. Every media outlet carried the story.

no name

Coach
Interesting that Curtis Johnston has been cleared by Asada and will resume with North Sydney this week. Barely a thing has been mentioned about it in the media, unlike when he was accused in the beginning. Every media outlet carried the story.

No one wants to read that a NSW Cup player is back playing.
EVERYONE wants to read that a rugby league STAR was suspended for taking drugs.

Canard

Immortal
Dave Smith is a legend already.

The other code as late as last week "It's all good"

Nek minnit

Front page news, stories of guys offering clubs the "Essendon" supplements etc.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Dave Smith is a legend already.

The other code as late as last week "It's all good"

Nek minnit

Front page news, stories of guys offering clubs the "Essendon" supplements etc.

Smith, under strong advice from Grant would have learnt quickly the methods employed by the sports media in this country.

These guys don't get to their positions without knowing how to set agendas and tones of debate. This is exactly what the last press conference was about and it appears to have been a success. We still have Weidler carrying on like a goose but his efforts have been negated by the Masters story about the AFL deal.

For Rugby League, the worst now appears behind us and this is in no small part down to the media management of the NRL executive. I expect them to only get stronger in this aspect on various issues as Smith comes to better understand the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.