What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Organised crime and drugs in sport investigation part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spot On

Coach
Just curious, but why if they were to ban 1 player, would that statement come back to haunt her? If that 1 player is the only one who cheated, surely she is right?

Is there a specific number that will need to be banned to equate to "a shit load"? At what number does this statement no longer come back to haunt her?

Do you believe banning one player equates to "the darkest day in the history of Australian sport?"

I would expect "entire teams" to be banned for doping. This is what was said by Jason Claire. That the ACC had uncovered orchestrated doping of entire teams. Lundy supports this. So is there a specific number to equate to a shit load and have that quote no longer haunt her? Pick a number if it makes you happy. One athlete aint gunna do it for a hell of a lot of people. This is dragging on for months. They've gone fishing and need a big haul for the public to be satisfied that the original press conference was nothing but a well timed stunt.

Last edited:

magpie4ever

First Grade
quit while you're behind

:lol: The king of the loopies has arrived. There to support his unsupportable moronic f**kwits.

"Every organisation with an email or website ending in gov.au is a slave of the government" - you goose - your messiah (TA) is apparently a slave to the present Labor Government - right.

Spot On

Coach
:lol: The king of the loopies has arrived. There to support his unsupportable moronic f**kwits.

"Every organisation with an email or website ending in gov.au is a slave of the government" - you goose - your messiah (TA) is apparently a slave to the present Labor Government - right.

http://www.news.com.au/national-new...ay-rise-strategy/story-e6frfkvr-1225883419559

"TONY Abbott pushed for a special allowance for shadow ministers when he was jolted by the financial shock of moving from a minister's salary to that of a backbencher.

It can be revealed that Mr Abbott privately approached Anthony Albanese, manager of Government business in the House of Representatives and a member of the new Rudd Cabinet, in early 2008."

Yep, right!!!! He's even begged for higher wages from the government.

Last edited:

Maximus

Coach
Do you believe banning one player equates to "the darkest day in the history of Australian sport?"

I would expect "entire teams" to be banned for doping. This is what was said by Jason Claire. That the ACC had uncovered orchestrated doping of entire teams. Lundy supports this. So is there a specific number to equate to a shit load and have that quote no longer haunt her? Pick a number if it makes you happy. One athlete aint gunna do it for a hell of a lot of people. This is dragging on for months. They've gone fishing and need a big haul for the public to be satisfied that the original press conference was nothing but a well timed stunt.

Oh so we are not talking about Lundy quotes that will come back to haunt her anymore?

None of the quotes you provided say that entire teams would be banned (especially none of those by Lundy), so why would the quote "If you want to cheat, we will catch you." come back to haunt her if entire teams aren't banned?

One would make me happy. You see, unlike you, I want to see drug cheats get caught.

By the way, what exactly does the darkest day in Australian sport quote have to do with Lundy? Surely a quote by someone who wasn't even involved in the press conference shouldn't reflect badly on Lundy to anyone who isn't a biased wanker.

Spot On

Coach
You have got to be joking. Lundy was front a centre at that press conference. She was fully supportive of everything that was said. If Lundy did not believe that it was the darkest day in Aus sport she would have said so. But instead, she supported it.

Last edited:

Spot On

Coach
Oh so we are not talking about Lundy quotes that will come back to haunt her anymore?

None of the quotes you provided say that entire teams would be banned (especially none of those by Lundy), so why would the quote "If you want to cheat, we will catch you." come back to haunt her if entire teams aren't banned?

One would make me happy. You see, unlike you, I want to see drug cheats get caught.

By the way, what exactly does the darkest day in Australian sport quote have to do with Lundy? Surely a quote by someone who wasn't even involved in the press conference shouldn't reflect badly on Lundy to anyone who isn't a biased wanker.

So what was the point of the investigation and the press conference? It was stated they have evidence that entire teams had been doping. Why wouldn't they be banned?

Maximus

Coach
You have got to be joking. Lundy was front a centre at that press conference. She was fully supportive of everything that was said.

If you say so. That still doesn't explain how the darkest day in Australian sport quote will come back to haunt her like you are claiming. That statement was never made at the press conference.

So I guess you are saying that because she was front and centre at the press conference, everything said by anyone (whether it was at the press conference or not) in relation to this will come back to haunt her?

Maximus

Coach
So what was the point of the investigation and the press conference? It was stated they have evidence that entire teams had been doping. Why wouldn't they be banned?

I would think that the point of the investigation was to find drug cheats, don't you? Oh right, you are one of those conspiracy theorists who believe no rugby league player has ever used a PED, and that this is all made up to bring rugby league down.

We already know that the whole Sharks and Essendon teams have been implicated in this. Did you think only whole teams and not just individual players had to be implicated? That is pretty stupid of you.

Oh by the way, whatever happens, you still didn't provide any quotes to say that entire teams had been doping.

Parra

Referee
I would think that the point of the investigation was to find drug cheats, don't you? Oh right, you are one of those conspiracy theorists who believe no rugby league player has ever used a PED, and that this is all made up to bring rugby league down.

Because they are the only two choices? Idiot.

bottle

Coach
m4e I don't know why you're wasting your time in here. The lunatics have taken over the asylum and this has long ceased to be any sort of meaningful discussion related to the thread title once it became a vehicle for political barrow pushing and agenda driven drivel.

Que sera sera , and only time will tell. The tidal wave is gonna hit or it ain't, and a wall of words won't stop or change it if it does.

All of that aside, there will be a change of government come September, and if the investigation isn't over yet that won't make one iota of difference. It will proceed on it's merry way without any government interference, just as it does now, and just as is right and proper.

The only comment that I would make is if this is a vehicle for the evil gubment to sway the publics gaze and opinion, where is the public outrage and focus on this scandal from the alternative government, namely the opposition? They are either not focusing on it because -
a) they're asleep at the wheel (not encouraging for their myriad of supporters in this thread, not that it will matter to them), or,
b) it's not a real issue.

Lock in b) please Eddie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts