What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Metallica are f*cking awesome

sarahk

Juniors
Exactly, people have different music tastes, so in future dont come into a metallica thread unless offering something useful kings of Leon etc has nothing to do with metallica or the crap bands you mentioned. You came into the thread trolling.

Alot of people liked and bought the monkeys too, it's just bubble gum music which will shortly be forgotten.

Ron, I can go in any thread I want to add my 2 cents to the discussion. Unlike you, I didn't resort to name calling and abuse because someones opinion differed to mine. You referred to people like me as a ' numbnut ' and then have the balls to say anyone that likes Aussie music is just ' naive and lives in a box ' I mean honestly who the hell do you think you are. How about you get off your high horse and realize that someone liking bands you don't like doesn't make you better than them, it makes you different to them.

In conclusion, get stuffed.

El Diablo

Post Whore
haven't listened to their sh*t since Justice

Cliff Burton wouldn't put up with this sh*t

be rolling in his grave

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Metallica are ok but The Angels are still number 1.

As a teenager, early/mid 70's got to hang out heaps at the Bondi Lifesavers (and other Rock joints around Darlinghurst, Haymarket, Kensington, etc). Angels were awesome back then as were the Oils BUT ACDC were f**king incredible, they ripped the Lifesavers to pieces many a night with Angus jamming in his strutting worship to the electric guitar up and down the mega long bar while Bon Scott was telling the fans to start f**king. Then the fights would break out, gyrating sex up against the walls, blow jobs in the dunnies, masturbation in rhythm to Angus and in exaltation with all the various sex mantras Bon Scott (f**k he was wild) was exuding from his tongue, hips and fingers, AND hell was a great place to be during those nights with AcDc. Those scenes should have been captured on film. The Aussie pub scene, particularly at the Lifesavers was incredible. This was our real Aussie culture coming to LIFE, drongos worshipping alcohol, sex, marijuana and early 70's Rock Music, not the convict in chain image. Don't ask what my (and all my mates) parts were in all of this because we would be arrested and finally locked up in a research laboratory under a long observation into why young men had such long-lasting happy, contented smiles on their faces. Lets just say hell was heaven back then.

Last edited:

18to87

Coach
Whether you like Metallica or not there is no denying that they are the biggest and most popular heavy band of all time.

The sort of crowds they play to worldwide (especially in Europe) is staggering so whether they are good or not in someones opinion is irrelevant.

Everyone whines about Load/Reload/St Anger etc but Death Magnetic shows that they are still at the top of the game and aren't going anywhere anytime soon whether you like it or not.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Ron, I can go in any thread I want to add my 2 cents to the discussion. Unlike you, I didn't resort to name calling and abuse because someones opinion differed to mine. You referred to people like me as a ' numbnut ' and then have the balls to say anyone that likes Aussie music is just ' naive and lives in a box ' I mean honestly who the hell do you think you are. How about you get off your high horse and realize that someone liking bands you don't like doesn't make you better than them, it makes you different to them.

In conclusion, get stuffed.

I wouldn't even call it a cent. You came in here trolling, it had nothing to do with the discussion at hand, look back at it.

My opinion is everything :p

I'm already stuffed with a gerbil;-)

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Whether you like Metallica or not there is no denying that they are the biggest and most popular heavy band of all time.

The sort of crowds they play to worldwide (especially in Europe) is staggering so whether they are good or not in someones opinion is irrelevant.

Everyone whines about Load/Reload/St Anger etc but Death Magnetic shows that they are still at the top of the game and aren't going anywhere anytime soon whether you like it or not.

excactly, however i still think gunners would easily have had that titleif they atleast stuck together for a few more years.

sarahk

Juniors
I wouldn't even call it a cent. You came in here trolling, it had nothing to do with the discussion at hand, look back at it.

The topic was metallica I came in and talked about metallica. How is that nothing to do with the discussion at hand ? Please enlighten me.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
If they are popular in America and Europe then they must be good. Imagine how good some of the Chinese bands must be. Their audiences would be huge.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade

The topic was metallica I came in and talked about metallica. How is that nothing to do with the discussion at hand ? Please enlighten me.

Oh for f**ks sake please make up make love and stop the war.

Sterling

Juniors
went to thursday night show and they were so bloody good that i went again tonight ....
very different set ......

different from thursday was ..... fuel, disposable heroes, the thing that should not be, damage inc, leper mesiah, last caress, turn the page, trapped under ice.

fish eel

Immortal
Seriously thoug, people still take Metallica pty tld seriously after that 'Some Kind of Monster' flick? That was champagne comedy, and showed what deluded bunch of wankers that band are.

natheel

Coach
Seriously thoug, people still take Metallica pty tld seriously after that 'Some Kind of Monster' flick? That was champagne comedy, and showed what deluded bunch of wankers that band are.

who cares if they r wankers (mostly lars) they still make awesome music

Kornstar

Coach
Just got back from the Metallica sat night concert and without doubt they must be the best live band going round.

Do you have any idea how many mistakes they made last night?

Some kind of monster confirmed they are still only making records and touring because they like money.....

who cares if they r wankers (mostly lars) they still make awesome music

Made awesome music, Black was the beginning of the end of good music from them....

They shattered me last night, they were my idols growing up and i can't believe how disappointing they were......Lamb of God owned them for tightness imo.....

Latest posts