What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: the game day cook off thread

Pierre reckons pepper burns and tastes shit on the BBQ and to wait until the end.
I can’t tell the difference.

Oliver did a good steak rub

Fresh rosemary and rock salt
Mortar and pestle it

It is pretty good.
I choose to put pepper on beforehand as i like it to work into the juice to make the gravy, it works for me but its not a necessity, sea salt or rock salt, and olive oil are though.

azzah72

Bench
Frango
This is the best Portuguese chicken place around, always has been.
I lived around the corner from it for years, it was a staple. And the tomato rice they do is a winner as well.

Benji Marshall, Robbie Farah and all the Tigers players in the mid 2000's used to go there a great deal.

The Portuguese bakery across the road is awesome as well

I would argue Silva's is better, more consistent.

Both great though

Frenzy.

Immortal
Frango
This is the best Portuguese chicken place around, always has been.
I lived around the corner from it for years, it was a staple. And the tomato rice they do is a winner as well.

Benji Marshall, Robbie Farah and all the Tigers players in the mid 2000's used to go there a great deal.

The Portuguese bakery across the road is awesome as well

Both great though

This has got excursion written all over it.

Am I allowed to leave the Shire?

Both great though
I've tried Silvas at least 5 times and I found it to be very below par.
Then again the last time I tried it was about 10 years ago, so they may have changed its methods. They needed to. I will give it another shot, if it's now better I've gotta try it. Cheers

Last edited:
About to start a Sunday arvo Spesh on a Monday.
Spaghetti marinara with home made garlic bread and some Sangria that has been chilling for a while.
Is there a game on today??? Oh yeah, Stains vs The Dawgs.
May the Lawd save the f**king Queen, because the governor general sure won't!!
Thanks for the day off, Lizzie!!

Latest posts